1. Post #1
    January 2009
    233 Posts
    Googling this just gave me: "You should definitely work out when you're a smoker, it's better!"
    So I thought like, no shit fuckface."

So I thought, maybe facepunch can help me out.
    I tend to sit outside quite often, so I usually can't work out. When I do sit outside, I often smoke cigarettes (and strictly shaq).
    I bought these 0.5 kg dumbbells lately, (I heard: Quantity over actual weight is much better) and my question is:

Is it okay for me to have a cig in one hand, and using the weights in the other? It feels like because i'm smoking and working out, more blood will go into my arm that i'm working out with, so it will actually harm my arm more then it would if i'd be smoking and just relaxing.

Does this make any sence at all? Seeing as typing it kind of made it not make sence already. Still want to ask, don't want to actually be screwing up my muscles because of this.

Thanks in advance,
    DatAsian
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    January 2008
    281 Posts
    I think you get tumours from smoking, but you could easily pass them off as HENCH MUSCLES.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,052 Posts
    the amount broscience is this thread is horrifying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,349 Posts
    I REALLY hope OP is trolling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    June 2011
    6,511 Posts
    i do it sometimes after workout, but seeing how smoking (cigarettes) cuts off blood/oxygen and whatnot, doesn't seem like a good idea

but dont worry, just do 1000 curls with those 0.5kg dumbbells and you will be swole as fuck in no time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,052 Posts
    swole in the same way marathon runners are swole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    June 2010
    4,367 Posts
    Only betas smoke. Alphas vape.

ya come at me gandalf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,052 Posts
    only betas care about being beta or alpha tbh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    August 2009
    7,895 Posts
    Smoking whilst working out

Whilst working out your body breathes harder so you take in more of whatever is around you, I.E lotsa Smoke n' Tar.

Have fun!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,932 Posts
    I bought these 0.5 kg dumbbells lately, (I heard: Quantity over actual weight is much better)
    Huh...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,530 Posts
    Vid related:
    Yes, smoking will help you win marathons.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,566 Posts
    This big tough redneck guy in my weight training class smokes about a pack a day or less, and even though he is bigger than me, I can lap him on the track, and lift more than double the weight he lifts. Smoking is the opposite of what you should do if you want to work out/do any physical activies

13. Post #13
    January 2009
    233 Posts
    i do it sometimes after workout, but seeing how smoking (cigarettes) cuts off blood/oxygen and whatnot, doesn't seem like a good idea
    This.
    polarbear. posted:
    but dont worry, just do 1000 curls with those 0.5kg dumbbells and you will be swole as fuck in no time
    Actually, think about watching a movie and using these. I just keep going for like half an hour, so that should work right? Just as a starter, of course.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,052 Posts
    throw the 0.5 kg dumbbells out and by some heavy ass dumbbells.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    This big tough redneck guy in my weight training class smokes about a pack a day or less, and even though he is bigger than me, I can lap him on the track, and lift more than double the weight he lifts. Smoking is the opposite of what you should do if you want to work out/do any physical activies
    And there are dudes who smoke that can run faster, longer and lift more than you can.

you mad bro???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    January 2009
    233 Posts
    And there are dudes who smoke that can run faster, longer and lift more than you can.
    (IMAGES OF TUFF SMOKING MEN.)
    Although, I used to be able to swim quite a few laps without smoking on a pretty good speed, now, 2 / 3 and i'm wasted. So he does make a point.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,349 Posts
    But yeah OP have fun gaining anything with those 0.5kg weights.

18. Post #18
    Dennab
    April 2010
    5,256 Posts
    Although, I used to be able to swim quite a few laps without smoking on a pretty good speed, now, 2 / 3 and i'm wasted. So he does make a point.
    ((((I'm not actually endorsing smoking))))

19. Post #19
    January 2009
    233 Posts
    But yeah OP have fun gaining anything with those 0.5kg weights.
    You're probably right there, only other dumbbells in the house at the moment is 5 kg though. Would doing about 15 reps (?) then taking a break be okay?

((((I'm not actually endorsing smoking))))
    Offcourse, it's always better to stop. Trying to stop, anyway. Stopped smoking weed too, atleast for a year or so. Everyday, everywhere, shit just tends to go down the drain.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,566 Posts

you mad bro???
    Terminators can't smoke

21. Post #21
    July 2007
    1,879 Posts
    my 100 butterfly time is good and i smoke weed.

105, not too shabby.

Im starting to wrestle instead of swim though

59 second free.
    brokle that plateu

22. Post #22
    December 2008
    533 Posts
    Getting drunk and working out is way better.

23. Post #23
    I got gold member because I wiki'd "Tit fucking"
    September 2006
    1,946 Posts
    I'm saving this post to troll my friends, thanks OP you are a genius!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    January 2009
    233 Posts
    Thanks for the answers guys, I think I know enough for now.

I'm saving this post to troll my friends, thanks OP you are a genius!
    No problem buddy!

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,566 Posts
    err, yea, bout that..