1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,142 Posts
    From his Blog:

Hey, Bethesda! Lets settle this!

I am back, and I am excited.

Marriage has been wonderful so far, and nobody sabotaged my computer while I was gone.

The only negative thing going on at this moment is the Scrolls trademark lawsuit nonsense, and I think I came up with the perfect solution:

Remember that scene in Game of Thrones where Tyrion chose a trial by battle in the Eyrie? Well, lets do that instead!
    I challenge Bethesda to a game of Quake 3. Three of our best warriors against three of your best warriors. We select one level, your select the other, we randomize the order. 20 minute matches, highest total frag count per team across both levels wins.

If we win, you drop the lawsuit.

If you win, we will change the name of Scrolls to something youre fine with.

Regardless of the outcome, we could still have a small text somewhere saying our game is not related to your game series in any way, if you wish.

I am serious, by the way.
    I hope this really happens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner x 344Funny x 25Dumb x 12Agree x 3Late x 1Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    1,065 Posts
    Best way to solve any issue.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 160Disagree Disagree x 2Winner Winner x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,584 Posts
    That would be really awesome, although unlikely to happen.

I bet Jeb and Notch are absolute monsters at Q3 or something, they probably have supreme duel skills.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 94Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,007 Posts
    Lawyers aren't going to agree to this, he's going to end up getting sued again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 28Funny Funny x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,584 Posts
    Lawsuits aren't going to agree to this, he's going to end up getting sued again.
    Sued again for what? If this was to happen it's obvious there would be a contract between them stating that Bethesda would have to drop the lawsuit and not sue over the matter again if Mojang won.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 26Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Facepunch armorer
    February 2010
    3,978 Posts
    This needs to be televised.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 134Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Needs more suspension.
    Dennab
    February 2006
    4,484 Posts
    they better accept. this is very gentlemanly, and a little less lethal and dueling with pistols.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 69Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,796 Posts
    All stupid lawsuits should be settled with game battles, be it video game or board game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 110Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,744 Posts
    It's not going to happen, and at the very most it would just be a game against 3 guys from the Skyrim dev team who hate their jobs and pensions

Also he's not doing a very good job at helping them save face, which this appears to be an attempt at
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree x 19Dumb x 9Funny x 2Winner x 1Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,168 Posts
    Duuuuuuuuuuude. Notch is treating this like he's in a feel-good comedy movie. I wish I could share his outlook.

Must be his enchanted hat of +6 Happiness.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 109Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    March 2008
    748 Posts
    I now love Notch for this.
    What a great idea, I hope Bethesda agrees.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 41Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    15,298 Posts
    Lawyers aren't going to agree to this, he's going to end up getting sued again.
    The claim they made was bollocks any way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 44Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

13. Post #13

August 2011
    1,414 Posts
    Someone is going have to prepare for HUMILIATION.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 51Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,007 Posts
    Sued again for what? If this was to happen it's obvious there would be a contract between them stating that Bethesda would have to drop the lawsuit and not sue over the matter again if Mojang won.
    Sued for not taking it seriously. American lawyers are pretty uptight and I highly doubt they would accept a video game challenge. This is about money for them, not having fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 27Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts
    It would have been cooler if they did a trial by race to see who gets full diamond stuff in SMP first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Funny Funny x 62 (list)

16. Post #16
    Ninja101 is m̶y̶ ̶f̶a̶v̶o̶u̶r̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶ a pancake face
    January 2010
    5,164 Posts
    Notch is going to win, Hes from a Scandinavian country and there for he shall be good at any First Person Shooter game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 20Friendly x 5Funny x 2Dumb x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,168 Posts
    Sued for not taking it seriously. American lawyers are pretty uptight and I highly doubt they would accept a video game challenge. This is about money for them, not having fun.
    I'm not sure if you can sue people for not being OMG SUPR SRS all the time. There'd be a lot less Trolls in the world if you could.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,753 Posts
    why am i not shocked

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,168 Posts
    why am i not shocked
    Because Notch is awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 34Disagree Disagree x 23Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,817 Posts
    Like I said in a similar discussion, this is a truly awesome way to settle the conflict; with a trial-by-battle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    November 2010
    3,838 Posts
    All stupid lawsuits should be settled with game battles, be it video game or board game.
    screw lawsuits, have actual wars be fought in video games instead of someones yard!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 21Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    10,001 Posts
    Bethesda will be dicks and hire some fucking pros to do it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 94Funny Funny x 14 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    1,753 Posts
    Because Notch is awesome.
    by that i meant the lazy way
    as in notch is a fucking fat lazy and bad coder
    jeb does all the work now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Who wants to come to the aquarium later and watch me screw with the sharks?
    May 2009
    13,364 Posts
    Bethesda will be dicks and hire some fucking pros to do it.
    I'm pretty sure the devs of Bethesda would accept, but I doubt their lawyers will let them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 59Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,168 Posts
    by that i meant the lazy way
    as in notch is a fucking fat lazy and bad coder
    jeb does all the work now
    But he has a nice hat, and to me, that makes him a pretty cool guy.

And we all know there's an infinite amount of things that don't work in Minecraft, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    589 Posts
    Never change, Notch. Never change.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 26 (list)

27. Post #27
    April 2010
    3,381 Posts
    Reminds me of what the Aztecs did, they played sport instead of fighting to solve conflicts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 44Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,168 Posts
    Reminds me of what the Aztecs did, they played sport instead of fighting to solve conflicts.
    Have you heard of the kinds of sport they had?

One, for instance, involved tying a man to a stick and watching him fight the strongest Aztec warriors.

Another was fairly simple, having to hit a ball into a hoop on a wall. However, the loser would be brutally decapitated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 66Agree Agree x 8 (list)

29. Post #29

August 2011
    1,414 Posts
    They also cut people's hearts out and put it in a fire while the guy was still alive though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 27Zing Zing x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    March 2011
    680 Posts
    They also cut people's hearts out and put it in a fire while the guy was still alive though.
    Still preferable to EA's Customer "Service".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 83Funny Funny x 17Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    170 Posts
    I would pay money to watch this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    April 2010
    3,381 Posts
    Have you heard of the kinds of sport they had?

One, for instance, involved tying a man to a stick and watching him fight the strongest Aztec warriors.

Another was fairly simple, having to hit a ball into a hoop on a wall. However, the loser would be brutally decapitated.
    Well I was just applying the concept to the situation. >:(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,168 Posts
    Well I was just applying the concept to the situation. >:(
    I guess those Aztec sports aren't too unlike Quake 3. If Notch loses, at least, there'll certainly be someone's heart on his furnace.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    7,584 Posts
    lmao

If they don't like it, they won't accept, you can't sue someone for "not taking it seriously"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,198 Posts
    No, I think Bethesda would rather drag you to trial and bankrupt you with damages as a lesson to anyone else that might use their trademarked words.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    6,086 Posts
    Hope this happens.

Unlikely though, lawyers don't bother with things they can't score money from.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,218 Posts
    Bethesda will probably hire some "professional" Quake players to duel for them if they every go through with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Late Late x 20Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    4,000 Posts
    Except the loser ended up dying
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15Agree Agree x 4Late Late x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,517 Posts
    Imagine if they chose CIV V instead of Quake 3.

The match would take weeks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 30Funny Funny x 5 (list)

40. Post #40
    Am i the only one who thinks this is stupid
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 46Disagree Disagree x 24Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)