1. Post #1
    April 2010
    208 Posts
    Resistance and Liberation

What is Resistance and Liberation?
    [release]A mod for Half Life 2 and no you dont need Day of Defeat Source for this, only the mod.[/release]

What takes them so long to release a update?
    [release]Remember this is free and the team is small so be patient. Also working on detailed guns and maps are not the easiest thing in the word.[/release]

What so different between resistance and liberation and Day of Defeat Source?
    [release]The mod adds many things the game does not have, such as:
    -No crosshair.
    -Weight and inertia added to weaponry.
    -No HUD.
    -No death messages.
    -Revised score display.
    -An advanced damage system.
    -Morale system and squad-based gameplay.
    [/release]

What gonna be added in the new patch?
    [release]So far no much but there is a video for this question:
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/wsSCJNZMMQ8[/release]

You said something about squads?
    [release]Infact I did. Squads contain a leader, rifleman, enginer, or machine gunner. The axis also get a special class (sniper), but don't go lone wolf as your morale is affect when your not near teammates or a squad leader.[/release]

There's morale?
    [release]Yes there is, if you are being fired upon you will be affected bt your morale. This affects your precision with your gun, so stick near your teammates and squad leader as it could save your team tickets.[/release]

What are maps like?
    [release]They are beautiful better then what the DoD makes look like for sure.[/release]

Weapons:
    Allies:
    [release]
    M1911A1 Colt - 45. APC

M1A1 Thompson - 45. APC

M1 Carbine - 30. Carbine

M1 Garand - .30-06 Springfield

M1918 Browning Automatic Rifle (B.A.R.) - .30-06 Springfield

M1919A4 Browning - .30-06 Springfield

MkII "Pineapple" Grenade - 60g TNT

AN-M8 Smoke Grenade - Smoke Mixture
    [/release]

Axis
    [release]
    Walther P38 - 9mm

MP40 - 9mm

K98 - 7.92 Kurz

K98 ZF41 - 7.92 Kurz

G43 - 7.92 Kurz

MG42 - 7.92 Kurz

Stielhangrante 24/43 - 165g Donarit
    [/release]

Trailer:

Other Info:
    This is a quote from their news feed:
    [release]

Even though RnL may be back on track, we are still in need of help. The RnL Developers have been busting their butts on this patch and with so few developers the workload is huge. A round of applause needs to go out to the devs that have been working this hard. Even better than a round of applause though is filling some badly needed positions. Our current priorities lie with getting a 3rd Person Animator and Prop Modeler/Texturer, but any help from Software Engineers to Level Designers would be greatly appreciated. To fill out an application for any position, please visit this link.[/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 10Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,417 Posts
    It is just a more realistic touch on the game Day of Defeat Source.
    Wow really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Agree Agree x 7 (list)

3. Post #3
    January 2010
    830 Posts
    Damn, I was just going to make a thread about RnL. Also, OP, it isn't "just a more realistic touch on the game Day of Defeat Source.".
    Resistance and Liberation
    What gonna be added in the new patch?
    [release]So far no much but there is a video for this question:
    http://www.youtube.com/embed/wsSCJNZMMQ8[/release]
    Nope, the patch is going to be huge and I'm pretty sure they're done working with it

RnL is the greatest mod ever made and 1.6 will be out this week (they said "late this week", it might be out tomorrow).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2010
    4,777 Posts
    So is this kind of like RO: Source, or not as realistic?

5. Post #5
    Dennab
    October 2009
    938 Posts
    Also, OP, it isn't "just a more realistic touch on the game Day of Defeat Source." Stop comparing them.
    Actually, that was the RnL dev team's exact goal at the beginning. They were fans of the original DoD who were disappointed with the half-assed source version..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,651 Posts
    So is this kind of like RO: Source, or not as realistic?
    More realistic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #7
    Dennab
    October 2009
    938 Posts
    accidental double post
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    November 2008
    384 Posts
    More realistic.
    Better visuals, different aesthetic, American front instead of the Russian front, and no usable vehicles.
    Those are the simplest differences I can find
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    July 2010
    4,777 Posts
    More realistic.
    Really?

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,417 Posts
    Actually, that was the RnL dev team's exact goal at the beginning. They were fans of the original DoD who were disappointed with the half-assed source version..
    From the FAQ page of the RnL site in 2003:

What is Resistance & Liberation?
    Resistance & Liberation is a tactical shooter/sim based on the newly released Unreal Tournament 2003 Engine. Not only a game, but a tribute to the men who died in the greatest war known to man-kind. Welcome to World War 2.
    What.

Edited:

It's not a realistic interpretation of DoD, although I don't doubt that the devs were disappointed at how DoD became more arcadey as time went on, if they were interested in the game at all.

11. Post #11
    Dennab
    October 2009
    938 Posts
    fucking automerge is broken.

12. Post #12
    March 2011
    4,109 Posts
    When I installed this there was no servers on the server list. vv (Several weeks ago.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13

June 2009
    592 Posts
    Amazing game.

14. Post #14
    Ynop sdrawkcab
    March 2009
    1,078 Posts
    We need to revive this

15. Post #15
    April 2009
    2,059 Posts
    Really?
    Really.

But yeah this is an awesome mod and the more players, more fun. And the maps.... :flashfap:
    I just love how much there's teamplay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    April 2010
    1,993 Posts
    No USSR side? I am dissapoint.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    April 2009
    2,059 Posts
    Also, OP should put this to the post to make it a little less ugly http://i.cubeupload.com/NqjzYy.jpg

Edited:

Thank you for breakin' my automerge

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,300 Posts
    Is it downloadable? I wanna try it.

19. Post #19
    January 2010
    830 Posts
    Is it downloadable? I wanna try it.
    What? Of course it is http://www.resistanceandliberation.com/Downloads
    Using Google really isn't that hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    September 2009
    5,112 Posts
    This game fucking rocks.

Edited:

also join this if you want a notice when there's some player activity. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RnLHAA

21. Post #21
    Dennab
    October 2009
    938 Posts

It is also very pretty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,300 Posts
    What? Of course it is http://www.resistanceandliberation.com/Downloads
    Using Google really isn't that hard.
    Just asking in case it's not downloadable and search for nothing. Thanks for the link anyways.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,184 Posts
    No USSR side? I am dissapoint.
    all of the maps takes place on the western front, why would the USSR be on the western front?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,948 Posts
    all of the maps takes place on the western front, why would the USSR be on the western front?
    experimental soviet teleportation technology silly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

25. Post #25
    April 2011
    970 Posts
    This game is too hard for me. I guess I just suck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Dennab
    October 2009
    938 Posts
    Yeah he totally knew that while entering the thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,184 Posts
    Yeah he totally knew that while entering the thread.
    you can easily tell it takes place on the western front in the trailer op put in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    January 2010
    830 Posts
    http://www.modinformer.org/2011/07/2...ion-interview/

Also, it's been confirmed that 1.6 will be out around 29th (today).

Or make that tomorrow..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    January 2010
    830 Posts
    1.6 is out!

Grab yours here
    http://www.resistanceandliberation.c...2_articleid/65

Sorry about double post

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,294 Posts
    Honestly, this is probably one of the best made HL2 mods.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Ese
    February 2011
    227 Posts
    With Forgotten Hope 2 releasing version 2.4 patch...this is not even close in terms of quality or playability.

The BF2 engine is also much more suited for this style of mapping and gameplay.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,417 Posts
    With Forgotten Hope 2 releasing version 2.4 patch...this is not even close in terms of quality or playability.

Oh hello butthurt ex-Rnl dev.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 6Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Dennab
    October 2009
    938 Posts

The BF2 engine cannot even come close to source in quality in detail not to mention RnL is mostly skirmishes, which is really cool when you're paratrooping into a French town at night. The maps are big enough to give you full evasion and flanking capability when you encounter a jerry fireteam. A lot of the players have mic and communicate options and orders regaurdless of what role is picked, which makes RnL an experience like none other.

Edited:

http://resistanceandliberation.com/
    their website
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,948 Posts

The bf2 engine is suited for maps with large open grounds with small 4 building villages placed large distances away, this uses medium sized fields with detailed emplacements and trenches, the combat can also play out inside of buildings, where it barely happens in bf2, and the hitboxes/damage for infantry combat in bf2 is unsatisfying and innacurate.

35. Post #35
    April 2010
    208 Posts

YOUR LATE 2.4 JUST CAME OUT 2 WEEKS AGO.

Also its good for size but not detail.

Thread is here:
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/110...-V2?highlight=

36. Post #36
    hey
    August 2006
    5,590 Posts
    Some of the updated maps in 1.6 are really unoptimized.

I had great framerates in 1.5, but in 1.6, they suffer on some maps. Hopefully, this will be addressed in future updates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    August 2010
    194 Posts
    I tried to download and play this, and I have Source games, as well as the Source SDK, but when I joined a server I had only missing textures and "ERROR" signs. I checked and there are models, textures in the appropriate folders for the mod. What do, Spiderman?

38. Post #38
    Captain Armed Dildo, Master of Ratings
    February 2011
    5,484 Posts
    Downloading, tried once, interrupted somehow, so trying again.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,751 Posts
    If it's not dead I'll download it again

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,978 Posts
    Really fun, I like the moments when you're in a night-time map, and you're in serious doubt if that group of players are the enemy or friendlies

And all the more satisfactory if you can kill that entire said squad, not knowing what happened
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)