1. Post #1
    March 2007
    1,072 Posts
    I made a server and people always get disconnected because they don't have a map. I need to know how to make it download automatically like any other server. I looked at svn and such but that looks like some complicated stuff so I was wondering if there is any other way, preferably and easier one.

2. Post #2
    June 2011
    33 Posts
    I made a server and people always get disconnected because they don't have a map. I need to know how to make it download automatically like any other server. I looked at svn and such but that looks like some complicated stuff so I was wondering if there is any other way, preferably and easier one.
    Always thought that happens automatically.
    You could try using a Force Downloader, where I think you specify what your guests download. Haven't used it myself, mind you.
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=80689

3. Post #3
    March 2007
    1,072 Posts
    Didn't work, no matter what I do I can't seem to make other people download maps. That's all I want too. I even tried the svn thing and trial after trial it still doesn't work.

4. Post #4
    June 2011
    33 Posts
    Didn't work, no matter what I do I can't seem to make other people download maps. That's all I want too. I even tried the svn thing and trial after trial it still doesn't work.
    Take a look at this, and attempt it if you haven't already.
    http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=Admin#Forced_Downloads

5. Post #5
    March 2007
    1,072 Posts
    It doesn't even download it with net_maxfilesize 64. I really don't know how to fix this, it's really pissing me off.

Edited:

Take a look at this, and attempt it if you haven't already.
    http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=Admin#Forced_Downloads
    Didn't work either.

sv_allowdownload both 1 and 0 didn't do anything either.

6. Post #6

July 2011
    9 Posts
    Like he said it should be automatic but try sv_enabledownload 1 if that dosen't work then i don't know

7. Post #7
    March 2007
    1,072 Posts
    There's no such cvar. Thanks for trying though.

8. Post #8
    March 2007
    1,072 Posts
    Browser Message: Uncaught ReferenceError: DownloadingFile is not defined - :0Browser Message: Uncaught ReferenceError: SetFilesNeeded is not defined - :0Browser Message: Uncaught ReferenceError: SetFilesTotal is not defined - :0Missing map maps/ttt_hairyhouse.bsp, disconnecting
    bump

this is what i found in the console after getting disconnected does this provide any information??? Help?

Edited:

I did eventually get the default 20 kb/s download to work but when I thought I wanted to add FastDL and i shutdown the server and started back up the default 20 kb/s download thing didn't work anymore

Edited:

Surely someone must be able to fix this, I mean I find FastDL on almost every server of every source game....

9. Post #9
    March 2007
    1,072 Posts
    Could it possibly be because of my ports? I'm really out of ideas here.

10. Post #10

April 2011
    45 Posts
    I believe he meant to say sv_allowdownload. Have you tried resource.AddFile to force the download? The default 20kb/s thing is because of FastDownload not being set up.

11. Post #11
    May 2010
    384 Posts
    There have been problems recently with FastDL servers it think
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #12

April 2011
    45 Posts
    There have been problems recently with FastDL servers it think
    I'm still trying to work out the kinks with my FastDL server -.- ... I'm not sure if I am to blame Garry's Mod or my noobyness. SRCDS was extremely easy to set up but FastDL.... not so much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)