1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    257 Posts
    Hello, I have lost well about 3 1/2 stone (about 50 lbs) with diet and exercise. Part of the exercise was running around my block (.85 miles each lap) and to my surprise within a month I went from only being able to do half a lap jogging without stopping to 6 laps carrying a 10kg backpack without stopping. But since then I haven't been able to come close to repeating that because my left hip starts hurting well before I reach it and I don't want to press on it to far for fear of causing a permanent injury. At first I thought it was the pavement(sidewalk) I was running on since allot of the drive ways make the pavement angled so I reversed my run the other way around the block. I noticed a slight improvement but my left hip still acts up after about 3-4 laps instead of 2-3, I have tried resting for 2 weeks and still nothing. From what I can tell my running posture is fine, my feet land flat on the pavement, my legs are never straight. does anyone have any advice?

One other problem I have is that all of a sudden push ups and pull ups have gotten twice as hard from the get go. I haven't put any weight on and in fact have gotten stronger (swapped fat for muscle), any idea why I went form being able to do 17 consecutive pull ups to about 8? and 40 push ups to about 20?

Also to mention my diet is a typical healthy diet so cereal breakfast, sandwich lunch and cooked dinner with meat in normally 2 of the 3 meals.

Any clues, tips or advice will be most welcome.

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    8,351 Posts
    Visit a doctor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    257 Posts
    Thanks I probably will, has anyone else experienced this?

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    3,334 Posts
    Not sure what to say about running. Might be shoes, might be your running form.. yada yada. You gotta find out for yourself. Most of the pains are really not something a doctor should take care of with most teens. Your call, don't wanna over generalize here.

About pushups.. besides sticking to a very consistent, low protein diet with an evolving (more reps each time) "routine" of pushups n shit, you probably would want to deload. Rest is your best friend.

Figure this shit on your own

5. Post #5
    April 2011
    1,765 Posts
    Thanks I probably will, has anyone else experienced this?
    I don't feel it in my hips but my left shin hurts sometimes.
    Have you tried stretching out your hip before you go?

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    284 Posts
    Yeah man, like NotMeh said, you should visit an orthopedic doctor to assess your hip issue. Ask him/her about strengthening your hip flexors as well. The hip flexors are the group of muscles that move your hip when you run or walk.