1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,452 Posts
    This is a thread for all wrestlers if there are any on facepunch to kinda talk and give tips and good moves to other people :D (i'm a freshman going into sophmore and i mostly want to set up a thread like this so i can learn moar)

I'l start:

Tip: Set up before you shoot. TADAAA

Favorite Move: armspin.. Spontanious move :D

2. Post #2
    February 2010
    226 Posts
    what weight class did you wrestle freshman year?

3. Post #3
    June 2007
    1,658 Posts
    I wrestled freshmen year.

Wrestled 215 mostly, but had some matches at 189 and 285.

I did okay, went 37-6, but didn't wrestle after that.

4. Post #4
    June 2011
    6,513 Posts
    HEY BOI LETS WRASTLE

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,452 Posts
    Freshman year i wrestled 112 but in sophmore year im prob gonna wrestle 119 or 125

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    284 Posts
    FINALLY A THREAD ABOUT REAL WRASTLIN

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,452 Posts
    :D

8. Post #8
    February 2010
    226 Posts
    Freshman year i wrestled 112 but in sophmore year im prob gonna wrestle 119 or 125
    how tall are you?

and weight classes are different now, at least in minnesota they are, but I believe they changed everywhere else too. the weight classes now are 106, 113, 120, 126, 132, 138, 145, 152, 160, 170, 182, 195, 220 and 285

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,452 Posts
    oh i heard about that D: and i'm like 67 inches (like 5'7") little bit more than 5'7"

10. Post #10
    February 2010
    226 Posts
    ha I had a friend in the same weight class as you and was like 5'9. He was super skinny.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,452 Posts
    im kinda in between.. although i am trying to take advantage of my physique im kinda scared for next year cuz another dude in our team who went 119s and was a junior had a really hard time.. let alone a sophmore. he was short and buff too

12. Post #12
    July 2009
    733 Posts
    I used to do wrestling, but then in a greco-roman match I got suplex pretty hard and messed up my back. So now my parents won't ever let me wrestle again. At least I can do boxing.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,452 Posts
    damn D: thats y i like folkstyle the most lol i kinda like freestyle but meeh..

14. Post #14
    July 2009
    733 Posts
    I forgot, the only difference between folkstyle and collegiate (school season) is that you can lock hands in the down position and you get 1 point each time you expose the guy's back right?

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,452 Posts
    not sure.. i just know folkstyle and collegiat/HS have more rules and you're responsible for the other guy if he gets injured

16. Post #16
    September 2009
    1,413 Posts
    This is a thread for all wrestlers if there are any on facepunch to kinda talk and give tips and good moves to other people :D (i'm a freshman going into sophmore and i mostly want to set up a thread like this so i can learn moar)

so you include 2 different types of wrestling styles on the thread title yet you don't elaborate anywhere in the OP? terrible

I'l start:

Tip: Set up before you shoot. TADAAA

Favorite Move: armspin.. Spontanious move :D

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,452 Posts
    it's for the people to discuss.. my bad if it made you mad.. fine. lets say highschool wrestling. happy?

18. Post #18
    February 2010
    226 Posts
    I forgot, the only difference between folkstyle and collegiate (school season) is that you can lock hands in the down position and you get 1 point each time you expose the guy's back right?

you can't lock hands when down in college wrestling, they get 1 point for riding time and in freestyle you can lockhands in down position and depending on how low you can expose someone to their back you will get a certain amount of points.

19. Post #19
    April 2011
    567 Posts
    they get 1 point for riding time.........

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,218 Posts
    Isn't freestyle the one where you can just lock the guy in an anaconda/darce choke (of course you're not actually choking him, but the arms are positioned the same) and gator roll your way to 15 points since you get points every time his back touches?

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,452 Posts
    Isn't freestyle the one where you can just lock the guy in an anaconda/darce choke (of course you're not actually choking him, but the arms are positioned the same) and gator roll your way to 15 points since you get points every time his back touches?
    Yep :D

22. Post #22
    July 2007
    87 Posts
    ahhhh, I remember the highschool wrestling days at 103-112 lbs. I still remember my very first day I almost puked; it toughened me up with each day of grueling practices. My favorite setup was to get a wizzer, tip them then position my self for a hip toss.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,452 Posts
    haha i puked freshman year.. mostly cuz i was sick and still went to practice

24. Post #24
    February 2010
    226 Posts
    they get 1 point for riding time.........
    Thanks Caaasus for pointing out what has already been said.

ahhhh, I remember the highschool wrestling days at 103-112 lbs. I still remember my very first day I almost puked; it toughened me up with each day of grueling practices. My favorite setup was to get a wizzer, tip them then position my self for a hip toss.

I like leg riding into the banana split lol.

25. Post #25
    PIRATE METAL BASTARD
    October 2009
    7,519 Posts
    Trampoline Wrestling is fucking fun

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,452 Posts
    i liek pulling their head down and going for anklepick :#

27. Post #27
    February 2010
    226 Posts
    Elbow shucks are a great way to get an easy take down since most people don't see them coming.