1. Post #1
    February 2011
    368 Posts
    http://www.anthonynolan.org

I actually signed up, but only because I love Charlie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 16Funny Funny x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    July 2010
    5,555 Posts
    I would if I got paid.

I need dat bone marrow though, good for licking out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,384 Posts
    I'm a fit and healthy male between the ages of 18 and 30, I'll sign up!

No seriously, I'm signing up. I want to do some good.

Update:

Sent my application, will be getting a test in the mail, hopefully.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    February 2011
    368 Posts
    Good man.

5. Post #5
    Insensitive Jackass
    June 2011
    1,945 Posts
    I'm going to check my astma on monday, might ask this to.

I mean i don't even know what bonemarrow is, i'm going to wikipedia after this post.

Edit:
    *A little guide about the procedure.

Oh it's the shit inside you bone and it might save the life of a cancer patient?

Come one facpunch you are all nerdy men with nothing better to do then sit on your ass all they go and donate you fucking pussies..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    3,092 Posts
    "Hello you youtube....SHIT."

7. Post #7

April 2011
    515 Posts
    Im not a youtube shit... :ohdear:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,420 Posts
    bone marrow is considered so juicy cause its mostly stem-cells that focus on producing blood cells. So its really yummy for people with leukemia. I would sign up. but I am 17.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Positive energy is space expanding, negative energy is space contracting. Or reverse?
    July 2005
    6,543 Posts
    Signed up 2 years ago :smug:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    I love Scandinavians and Ducks
    August 2007
    4,231 Posts
    I've always planned to donate when I'm 18.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Not old enough yet.

Speaking of donation, if I'm underage can I still get an organ donation card so that if i get run over or something the doctors can take my spleen?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #12
    December 2009
    3,695 Posts
    I love this guy
    To bad ill need to wait a year :(

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,345 Posts
    We had the father of Anthony Nolan come and do a presentation at our college. Was very touching, a few people had to leave due to crying. At the end pretty much everybody (including me) signed up to donate bone marrow and organs.

Edited:

Not old enough yet.

Speaking of donation, if I'm underage can I still get an organ donation card so that if i get run over or something the doctors can take my spleen?
    You can sign yourself up but you won't be available to donate. Once you're 18, you're officially allowed to donate (bone marrow and organ donation).
    http://www.anthonynolan.org/What-you...standings.aspx

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    7,237 Posts
    Anybody give bone marrow before?
    I've heard it was excruciating. But if it isn't so bad, I might give it a go.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,782 Posts
    I heard rumors of them jamming needless in-between your joints and shit, but it looks relatively simple and painfree actually.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,384 Posts
    It's all very civilised. There's a little bit of discomfort from the injections (nausea, aches and pains etc.) before the operation but it's nothing that will kill you or stop you doing your day to day business. Even the operation is perfrmed under general anaesthetic so you don't feel a thing.

If it's to save a life I'm more than willing to go through a few days of minor discomfort.

How it's performed.

17. Post #17
    June 2011
    360 Posts
    Y'all think you may be doing good but I've had to give bone marrow, it was the most painful thing I've felt in my life.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,384 Posts
    Y'all think you may be doing good but I've had to give bone marrow, it was the most painful thing I've felt in my life.
    So what? You're still alive and you probably saved a life doing it.

19. Post #19
    June 2011
    360 Posts
    So what? You're still alive and you probably saved a life doing it.
    I know and I am happy I did it but I would NEVER do it again.

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    7,345 Posts
    Did somebody extract it with a rusty axe or are you just that susceptible to pain?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,384 Posts
    I know and I am happy I did it but I would NEVER do it again.
    That's your decision and I respect it, at least you did it once. As far as I'm concerned though, I would go through it as many times as necessary purely because if I were ill I would expect the same from any other donor.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member

November 2007
    8,432 Posts
    Turned 18 a few months ago and I had been wanting to sign up but never bothered to look how. Thanks. I'm bookmarking this and signing up as soon as I get back from vacation.

23. Post #23
    June 2010
    410 Posts
    I would, but I'm only 16.

24. Post #24
    Dennab
    October 2007
    247 Posts
    I would, but I'm only 16.
    You people realise the minimum age is 16, right? If you are 16 you can sign up.

Edited:

Not old enough yet.

Yeah I registered when I was 14 or 15.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    100 Posts
    I would register but if you're a match you need to travel to London, and thats pretty hard to do for me

26. Post #26
    May 2011
    822 Posts
    Done signed up. Ive been recently feeling very good natured, i gave blood a week ago.

My witty words where "Have as much as you want,just don't try and take it all, i still need some of it you know?" I got a chuckle from the nurse and then i passed out. I hate the sight of blood

27. Post #27
    January 2009
    110 Posts
    I would seriously sign up and do this if I were old enough. I'm not sure how old you need to be to donate blood but I'm definitely going to do that, too. Like he said, would probably make me feel like less of a shit.