1. Post #1
    April 2009
    123 Posts
    Best city in the world. Watch in HD for added asshole driver immersion.

Edited:

Also, if this has been posted, do tell. The video is a week old, but it being Vimeo it might have been overlooked. I haven't seen a thread on it either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Informative Informative x 17Artistic Artistic x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    741 Posts
    This was really neat to watch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 23Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    November 2007
    1,047 Posts
    Bikers are such douche bags on the road.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    HEY GUYS DID I MENTION I'M IN THE ARMY
    March 2006
    3,292 Posts
    The bicyclists seemed to cause the most problems. It is a common mentality among them that since they are not cars, they can do whatever they want to. Unfortunately this attitude gets many people killed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    8,155 Posts
    Goddamn fucking bicyclists.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,136 Posts
    Being Dutch and therefore an official delegate of the bicyclist society I'd like to disclose that not all bicyclists are assholes. We certainly don't drive like that around here.

We have cycling paths everywhere though. If I wanted to I could drive my bike from the nearest station into my living room and have a cycling path underneath me at all times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    It's not all bicyclists that are douches.
    Well, most are. But the New Yorker aspect of it shoots the meter through the roof.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,453 Posts
    Being Dutch and therefore an official delegate of the bicyclist society I'd like to disclose that not all bicyclists are assholes. We certainly don't drive like that around here.

We have cycling paths everywhere though. If I wanted to I could drive my bike from the nearest station into my living room and have a cycling path underneath me at all times.
    Being Dutch and cycling occasionally, I concur with this statement and as said before, we're quite the cyclist nation.

9. Post #9
    February 2011
    897 Posts
    Me and my friend were walking back to the school as one of our other friend got out a little later(longer schedule). We got there just in time to see her across the street. She crossed the road and saw us and waved, and soon after she got knocked down by some cyclist.

Gotta be careful in NY.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    Dennab
    October 2009
    2,982 Posts
    i cant believe how the pedestrians dont give a fuck if a biker almost crashes into them

11. Post #11
    March 2011
    148 Posts
    4 or 5 of those cyclists in the beginning are couriers (or at least look just like it). They of all people should know how to handle themselves. I mean, if they crash into a car, they're probably going to be the ones with a bigger problem.

12. Post #12
    Licensed Hypocrite
    June 2009
    2,616 Posts
    Awesome video. Im glad I don't live in that area.

That last one the driver was being an asshole.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,984 Posts

Being danish and therefore an even bigger official delegate of the bicyclist society I'd like to disclose that not all bicyclists are assholes, but fucking hell, there's so many that don't know basic traffic laws nowadays, even people that use bicycles for a living around here like the postal service. This mixed with most drivers being fucking nutcases leads to hilarious and possibly deadly outcomes if you just watch an intersection for a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    January 2010
    995 Posts
    Wow. Can you imagine trying to learn how to drive in that environment? Hectic as fuck.

15. Post #15
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,210 Posts
    bicyclists should go and end their miserable lives.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    THIS DIDN'T WORK AT ALL
    December 2009
    3,436 Posts
    I aint going to nyc!

17. Post #17
    August 2008
    895 Posts

You have to admit though, most "professional" cyclists (Wielrenners) in the Netherlands are still assholes.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,264 Posts
    Cyclists can't stop dickhead pedestrians walking out on them or standing in the middle of the street

19. Post #19
    1 Dollar
    June 2005
    1,903 Posts
    I love riding around on my bike through the streets, I always make sure to check incoming and turning traffic before ever crossing the intersection though. It's been a habit since I saw a biker get owned by a pickup truck.

20. Post #20
    April 2009
    123 Posts
    Wow. Can you imagine trying to learn how to drive in that environment? Hectic as fuck.
    I learned to drive in Thailand on Vacation. That's nothing.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    5,608 Posts
    Nobody in NYC knows how to drive, nobody pays attention to the yielding laws, and everybody cuts everybody else off. Same goes for New Jersey. The whole area is a shithole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,984 Posts
    Nobody in NYC knows how to drive, nobody pays attention to the yielding laws, and everybody cuts everybody else off. Same goes for New Jersey. The whole area is a shithole.
    I've been to several countries around the world, and from what I've seen, people just say fuck it about what they've learned about traffic laws as soon as they get their drivers license.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    12,027 Posts
    Which is why there are car horns heard every second in cities.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    3,810 Posts
    Wow those cyclists and pedestrians are assholes.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    10,984 Posts
    Wow those cyclists and pedestrians are assholes.
    Everyone were, welcome to new york, even the drivers.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,695 Posts
    No wonder road rage is alive and well in America.

27. Post #27
    April 2007
    249 Posts
    You learn to drive like an asshole, and that's why nobody likes them driving around in suburban areas.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member

March 2009
    4,531 Posts
    Cyclists can't stop dickhead pedestrians walking out on them or standing in the middle of the street
    They're supposed to stop and wait for the pedestrian to walk. All bicycles are supposed to follow laws that cars abide and extra bicycle laws. That means always yielding to the pedestrian no matter what.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,988 Posts
    No wonder road rage is alive and well in every major city globally
    Fixed that for you. Big cities always have terrible drivers. I'm lucky to live in a small town, but teenagers just getting their licenses are awful.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,695 Posts
    Fixed that for you. Big cities always have terrible drivers. I'm lucky to live in a small town, but teenagers just getting their licenses are awful.
    I bike 20km a week through inner Copenhagen, and I've never encountered anyone driving even remotely as bad as these people are.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,264 Posts
    They're supposed to stop and wait for the pedestrian to walk. All bicycles are supposed to follow laws that cars abide and extra bicycle laws. That means always yielding to the pedestrian no matter what.
    Pedestrians have laws to follow too, I'm not sure cyclists can safely stop for people who just step out in front of them.

Plus standing in the street isn't really that legal.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    3,791 Posts
    I've never been to New York, but I can vouch that it's like this in Toronto. We spent a day there, and the driving was so nerve wracking, so insane, it was crazy.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    11,507 Posts
    Try driving in Florida. These people in Florida do not know how to turn on their fucking turn signals or something.