1. Post #1
    Certified Witch - Cutie Department
    April 2007
    14,106 Posts
    (To mods: there is no News article yet to talk about this as far as i see, but Lulzsec's twitter has evidence to support that they did hack and release the SCE Dev Network source code. I will add a news article when one comes available)

Lulzsec just attacked sony again a hour ago, this time leaking the whole SEC Dev network.

http://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec/status/77736347154128897

Presenting Sony Computer Entertainment Developer Network source code: http://www.mediafire.com/?ev1zo010c020764 [54MB] #Sownage | 16 - 0
    (I don't know if this is alright to post the Mediafire link, but it's just a source code for a website so it shouldn't hurt anyone personally or anything)

They also threaten more hacks are coming up.

http://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec/status/77758232604573696

Just hit 50,000 followers. Thank you, twitter! In celebration, Sony hack 16 & 17 coming up soon! #Sownage #Celebration

i am personally getting bored of the hacks. Sonys stupidity is very well known by now and they still arn't fixing it, i hope sony crashes and burns due to the 15 fucking hacks they had within a month.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb x 43Funny x 17Agree x 6Winner x 2Friendly x 1Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,691 Posts
    Just stop it already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 80Disagree Disagree x 7Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Frequent Habbo Hotel player. PM for free furniture
    January 2010
    7,074 Posts
    Fucking cunts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 37Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

4. Post #4
    Near Invisible Text Mod
    May 2009
    5,292 Posts
    God damnit fuck off Lulzsec
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 80Disagree x 7Dumb x 4Funny x 4Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    June 2009
    1,896 Posts
    Fuck off, I JUST WANT TO PLAY SOME GAMES
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,458 Posts
    i am personally getting bored of the hacks. Sonys stupidity is very well known by now and they still arn't fixing it, i hope sony crashes and burns due to the 15 fucking hacks they had within a month.
    Wow, what a nice and retarded statement. Sony can hardly be the only company with lax online security, they've just become a popular target. Perhaps if they got some time to actually improve their online security, which probably isn't something you do overnight, especially not when you're getting hacked all the time, they might have done something about it.

On a side note: I think that Lulzsec are a self-righteous bunch of sad sacks of shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 53Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

7. Post #7
    May 2010
    178 Posts
    This is getting ridiculous. Its slowly went from "We're hacking Sony because of how terrible they are" to "We're just.. well its really fucking fun!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 25Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    April 2007
    14,106 Posts
    Wow, what a nice and retarded statement. Sony can hardly be the only company with lax online security, they've just become a popular target. Perhaps if they got some time to actually improve their online security, which probably isn't something you do overnight, especially not when you're getting hacked all the time.
    the fact is sony's security wasn't up to date when it was first hacked by hackers in april.

this is just adding to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Tam
    May 2011
    48 Posts
    I'm so happy i didn't buy a PS3 :)! That'll teach those game makers to make console only shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 85Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Jsm
    "Belgium is pretty much a non-country"
    June 2006
    8,036 Posts
    Fuck off, I JUST WANT TO PLAY SOME GAMES
    I don't see how this stops you playing games? People stopped fucking around with PSN a while ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,019 Posts
    They should have upped the security by now. I used to defend them, but after 15 fucking hacks and no preventions being done? Sony deserves this now, they really do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,458 Posts
    the fact is sony's security wasn't up to date when it was first hacked by hackers in april.

And have been constantly under attack ever since.

13. Post #13
    Skeepan Member
    September 2007
    3,702 Posts
    When their little hacking run is over, their world is gonna come crashing down on their heads.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic x 11Agree x 3Dumb x 2Disagree x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    August 2010
    7,104 Posts
    They start fucking with the FBI and now they go back to totally fucking with Sony.
    Something tells me this will end is some sort of mass manhunt in a midnight shitstorm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,991 Posts
    The first hacks were making a statement "Hey Sony, we're mad because you removed Other OS and PS2 Backwards Compatibility etc. so we're going to show you that you need to improve security by hacking you"

Now it's just "Haha Sony is trying to rebuild and we won't let them. Sucks for their 70 million customers"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 44Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,097 Posts
    I'm so happy i didn't buy a PS3 :)! That'll teach those game makers to make console only shit
    If you want the console only games, you buy the console. That is why the games are exclusive you dingus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    42,031 Posts

the whole "outdated apache" thing was false, apparently

let me find a source

Yeah found it, someone looked into it themselves

[release]As it turns out, it is fairly simple to use Google's webcache to show what version of Apache the PSN servers were using back in March. According to a page request archived by Google on March 23, 2011, at that time Sony was running version 2.2.17 of the popular software. You can see from Apache's website 2.2.17 is the latest, stable version of the webserver available even today. This is a direct repudiation of the claims being made that Sony's webservers were out of date by as much as five years.

Poster deathindustrial also goes on to point out the folly in using "security expert" Dr Stafford's testimony before Congress as a source for the claims that the servers were outdated and that Sony knew about it. In the written statement which accompanied his testimony he clearly states:
    I have no information about what protections they had in place, although some
    news reports indicate that Sony was running software that was badly out of date, and had been warned about that risk.
    In truth, he has no first hand knowledge of the state of Sony's servers or Sony's knowledge about possible exploits and that he was literally repeating claims he read in the media which stem from IRC logs that were being passed around back in February. He didn't even do the very basic detective work it has taken to completely repudiates the claims.[/release]

better source that actually cites its shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,443 Posts
    Sonys stupidity is very well known by now and they still arn't fixing it, i hope sony crashes and burns due to the 15 fucking hacks they had within a month.
    That's stupid. They're obviously trying, it's an absolutely retarded speculation to think they're not. You're also an idiot for saying they should crash and burn - that's extremely harsh. I hope you also realise they more they're hacked the harder it becomes for them to make it safe again, so it's really not a surprise there's a chain reaction here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Prime Minister of Australia
    June 2008
    7,175 Posts
    it keeps happening
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 11Zing Zing x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    April 2011
    98 Posts
    [QUOTE=NorthernFall;30281044]Fuck off, I JUST WANT TO PLAY SOME GAMES[/QUOT
    PS3 HAZ N0 G4M3S/like my leet? dose anybody even use that anymore?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 37Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    23,091 Posts
    Because they can totally fix the hacks when the retards won't stop their dickwaving, right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    5,753 Posts
    So why the fuck haven't they been tracked down and arrested yet? They've done a great job making themselves obvious, somebody should have gotten arrested already...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Fuck off, I JUST WANT TO PLAY SOME GAMES[/QUOT
    PS3 HAZ N0 G4M3S/like my leet? dose anybody even use that anymore?
    What the fuck are you on?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,983 Posts
    I'm glad I don't have a play station now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    February 2010
    5,893 Posts
    These guys are very late to the game. I'm sure Sony learned their lesson after this Geohot incident. They've been given relentless hell. Information, leaked in bulk is destroying them. Now the players are suffering, now the consumer is suffering. The developers, also suffering.

This shit doesn't only affect SEC, its affecting us the consumer.
    LulzSec, get the fuck out really. You're late to this game, and now we're suffering. Just stop, you're not doing anybody a big ol favor.

If they really wanted to pool their efforts, why not attack large corps in the financial sector, like major banks, major credit card companies, and so on and so forth.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,983 Posts
    These guys are very late to the game. I'm sure Sony learned their lesson after this Geohot incident. They've been given relentless hell. Information, leaked in bulk is destroying them. Now the players are suffering, now the consumer is suffering. The developers, also suffering.

LulzSec, get the fuck out really. You're late to this game, and now we're suffering. Just stop, you're not doing anybody a big ol favor.

If they really wanted to pool their efforts, why not attack large corps in the financial sector, like major banks, major credit card companies, and so on and so forth.
    if they did that, people might actually start to give a fuck en masse and they'd get caught.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

27. Post #27
    April 2011
    390 Posts

I never bought a PS3 or any sony product since they removed homebrew from PSP
    BEST DECISION EVER.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

28. Post #28
    January 2009
    1,114 Posts
    omg hacking soni is fun XD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Informative Informative x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    February 2010
    5,893 Posts
    I never bought a PS3 or any sony product since they removed homebrew from PSP
    BEST DECISION EVER.
    Boohoo. They removed homebrew so I have to pay for my games. :downsgun:
    Sony still makes a fantastic product. Its people and their own greed is what causes these problems.

You're going to probably throw out "Oh, I got homebrew so I can just use it as a focal point of a conversation" or "I got homebrew to do <name something that it can do, but you don't even use the feature>".

Fact is, its mostly used for warezing. Sony is trying to prevent this for the interest of their developers. Is that so wrong for them to try to prevent piracy on their products?

Granted it is your device, and current DMCA allows you to crack your device without any repercussions. The fact that people do it for piracy is the reason why they keep trying to lock things down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 18Agree Agree x 8 (list)

30. Post #30
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,769 Posts
    Asshole move. They sound full of shit.

31. Post #31
    MEGA SENPAI KAWAII UGUU~~ =^_^=
    September 2008
    14,608 Posts
    Fact is, its mostly used for warezing. Sony is trying to prevent this for the interest of their developers. Is that so wrong for them to try to prevent piracy on their products?
    This is the exact same sort of justification publishers use when they tack on shitty DRM like SecuRom to games, and frankly it's appalling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

32. Post #32
    April 2011
    390 Posts
    Boohoo. They removed homebrew so I have to pay for my games. :downsgun:
    Sony still makes a fantastic product. Its people and their own greed is what causes these problems.

You're going to probably throw out "Oh, I got homebrew so I can just use it as a focal point of a conversation" or "I got homebrew to do <name something that it can do, but you don't even use the feature>".

Granted it is your device, and current DMCA allows you to crack your device without any repercussions. The fact that people do it for piracy is the reason why they keep trying to lock things down.
    I REALLY don't like it when people immediately assume that I'm a pirate because of this. For your information, what I most often used it for was a Doom sourceport for PSP. I at the time owned a disc copy of the game, which I got the .wad from.
    A perfectly legitimate use, not piracy. By this logic, Windows needs to be completely locked down and all software developed for it needs to be validated by Microsoft. Same exact thing, different platform.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #33

You all just love adding years on to your prison sentences don't you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

34. Post #34
    Whats the hell is wrong with hackers nowadays. They should be hacking the military and leak top security files not hacking some damn game company.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Malaysia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

35. Post #35
    February 2010
    5,893 Posts
    This is the exact same sort of justification publishers use when they tack on shitty DRM like SecuRom to games, and frankly it's appalling.
    And the DMCA allows you to crack/remove/destroy that DRM on their product. If you don't like DRM, don't buy anything with it on there.

I REALLY don't like it when people immediately assume that I'm a pirate because of this. For your information, what I most often used it for was a Doom sourceport for PSP. I at the time owned a disc copy of the game, which I got the .wad from.
    A perfectly legitimate use, not piracy. By this logic, Windows needs to be completely locked down and all software developed for it needs to be validated by Microsoft. Same exact thing, different platform.
    Computers will be easier to crack than a proprietary system like the PSP and PS3.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    Hmm, sure.

Hack a military agency and get a life or death sentence in prison for treason or espionage.

Hack a game company and either don't get caught/pay a fine/couple years jail time.

Which one is worse?

Edited:

Whats the hell is wrong with hackers nowadays. They should be hacking the military and leak top security files not hacking some damn game company.
    Reffering to this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Zing Zing x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    April 2011
    390 Posts
    And the DMCA allows you to crack/remove/destroy that DRM on their product. If you don't like DRM, don't buy anything with it on there.

Computers will be easier to crack than a proprietary system like the PSP and PS3.
    I feel like I'm not getting something here, you're saying that they should put these restrictions on, because they can be hacked anyway? Wouldn't that make it completely pointless in the first place?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    April 2007
    14,106 Posts
    the whole "outdated apache" thing was false, apparently

let me find a source

Yeah found it, someone looked into it themselves

[release]As it turns out, it is fairly simple to use Google's webcache to show what version of Apache the PSN servers were using back in March. According to a page request archived by Google on March 23, 2011, at that time Sony was running version 2.2.17 of the popular software. You can see from Apache's website 2.2.17 is the latest, stable version of the webserver available even today. This is a direct repudiation of the claims being made that Sony's webservers were out of date by as much as five years.

Poster deathindustrial also goes on to point out the folly in using "security expert" Dr Stafford's testimony before Congress as a source for the claims that the servers were outdated and that Sony knew about it. In the written statement which accompanied his testimony he clearly states:
    I have no information about what protections they had in place, although some
    news reports indicate that Sony was running software that was badly out of date, and had been warned about that risk.
    In truth, he has no first hand knowledge of the state of Sony's servers or Sony's knowledge about possible exploits and that he was literally repeating claims he read in the media which stem from IRC logs that were being passed around back in February. He didn't even do the very basic detective work it has taken to completely repudiates the claims.[/release]

better source that actually cites its shit

That was proven false

from april 5th 2011, Guy looked at the servers and Only one out of 8 Main PSN servers were updated with the latest apache (which was the authentication server)

http://pastebin.com/bAUHxtNr

Nmap scan report for account.rc.ac.playstation.net (199.108.4.177)
    Host is up (0.077s latency).
    Scanned at 2011-04-05 22:53:40 MDT for 428s
    Not shown: 999 filtered ports
    PORT STATE SERVICE VERSION
    443/tcp open ssl/http Apache httpd 2.2.11 ((Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i)

Nmap scan report for login.rc.ac.playstation.net (199.108.4.162)
    Host is up (0.085s latency).
    443/tcp open ssl/http Apache httpd 2.2.11 ((Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.

Nmap scan report for commerce.rc.ac.playstation.net (199.108.4.135)
    Host is up (0.071s latency).
    Not shown: 998 filtered ports
    80/tcp closed http
    443/tcp open ssl/http Apache httpd 2.2.11 ((Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i)

Nmap scan report for auth.rc.ac.playstation.net (199.108.4.136)
    Host is up (0.075s latency).

Nmap scan report for store.rc.ac.playstation.net (199.108.4.140)
    Host is up (0.070s latency).

Nmap scan report for rc.store.playstation.net (199.108.4.141)
    Host is up (0.080s latency).
    Not shown: 998 filtered ports
    80/tcp open http Apache httpd 2.2.11 ((Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i)

Nmap scan report for native.rc.ac.playstation.net (199.108.4.144)
    Host is up (0.073s latency).
    443/tcp open ssl/http Apache httpd 2.2.11 (mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i)
    The store server, the user server, the game servers, etc. were using a 2008 version of apache while the one authentication server was using the latest and seems to be the only one google cached.

the only updated main psn server:
    Nmap scan report for auth.np.ac.playstation.net (199.108.4.73)
    Host is up (0.070s latency).
    443/tcp open ssl/http Apache httpd 2.2.17
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    7,561 Posts
    Not to mention that even a few days ago Lulsec revealed that all the user data was in plain text.

Also in the official lulsec post, they were using an outdated unix program or something.

I don't know much about computers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    SK17a
    October 2010
    13,927 Posts
    they posted their dev source code on the internet, very 1337 indeed.

but still, it's pissing me off