1. Post #1

February 2011
    637 Posts
    Activision Blizzard Inc. plans to launch an online service called Call of Duty Elite this fall that will work with the next major edition of the game, "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3," and future installments of the hyper-realistic combat-simulation game. In a move industry executives describe as a first, Activision plans to charge a monthly subscription fee for the service, which will provide extra content that isn't offered on game discs sold in stores, including downloadable map packs that give players new "Call of Duty" levels to play.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...423496054.html

lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 232Dumb x 6Winner x 3Disagree x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,693 Posts

Yeah, no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 225Disagree Disagree x 1Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,997 Posts
    Rob Dyer, senior vice president of publisher relations at Sony's U.S. games division, said only a few games have the audience loyalty and size to support a subscription service like Call of Duty Elite. Mr. Dyer said he is "very confident" other publishers will follow Activision's lead. "There's money to be made there," he said.

Read more: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...#ixzz1NtF6SsXT
    Lol at the "money to be made" part at the end. They're all just a bunch of money hungry assholes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 90Disagree Disagree x 2Late Late x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,061 Posts
    Saw it coming from 100 miles away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 109Funny Funny x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    "Only through the elimination of violence can we achieve world peace." - Y.K. Kim
    August 2009
    7,424 Posts
    what if you have to pay for this to gain access to pay for a map pack
    that means with xbox live
    you have to pay to pay to pay for a map pack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 108Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    April 2011
    3,447 Posts
    hyper-realistic combat-simulation game
    HAHHAAHAH oh god
    jesus LOL
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 293Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    March 2011
    4,696 Posts
    Knew the "there is no subscription fees" were too good to be true. While not subscription fees, it is pretty damn close.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    July 2009
    1,293 Posts
    Rob Dyer, senior vice president of publisher relations at Sony's U.S. games division, said only a few games have the audience loyalty and size to support a subscription service like Call of Duty Elite. Mr. Dyer said he is "very confident" other publishers will follow Activision's lead. "There's money to be made there," he said.
    Ugh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member

May 2007
    370 Posts
    and future installments of the hyper-realistic combat-simulation game.
    Eh, no.

late
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 28Late Late x 6 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,160 Posts
    and future installments of the hyper-realistic combat-simulation game.
    Is this a joke?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb x 7Agree x 6Late x 5Funny x 2Friendly x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    2,960 Posts
    It's sad because at least thousands of people will buy it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 96 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,004 Posts
    hyper-realistic combat-simulation
    very confident" other publishers will follow Activision's lead
    oh dear god

I can't stop laughing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 51Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    4,519 Posts
    I really can't wait for this franchise to die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 55Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    March 2010
    1,501 Posts

Activision^
    But on a serious note, it will be successful due to the amount of fanboys. Not saying I don't play CoD, but I'm not willing to pay extra monthly for more maps/content.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 50Funny Funny x 11Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    November 2008
    2,342 Posts
    It's sad because at least thousands of people will buy it.
    Yeah then other companies will start doing it.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 31Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,004 Posts
    Just keep milking that cow, activision. Just keep milking it....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #17
    March 2011
    4,696 Posts
    I suggest the developers watch combat facts. So far, COD has proven to be inaccurate on all accounts (well except ghillie to some extent).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    April 2011
    3,447 Posts
    Yeah then other companies will start doing it.

I really can't see any other companies doing this.
    Except EA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    March 2011
    4,696 Posts
    I really can't see any other companies doing this.
    Except EA.
    Luckily DICE seems to be a bit of an exception to the EA rule (with battlefield 3 and everything)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    11,230 Posts
    When i saw Call Of Duty: Elite i thought it was that "Free 2 Play" game.

But this is way worser. Call Of Duty keeps dying as Activision keeps milking the money cow.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,004 Posts
    So that's what, nine call of duty games?

Is it not enough that you're publishing the next installment in "Modern Warfare", but now you give us THIS

holy fuck just stop making games activision.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

22. Post #22
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    AHAHHAHAHA
    OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 10Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    20,397 Posts
    HAHHAAHAH oh god
    jesus LOL
    I can't believe that's actually in there

It sounds so much like a joke, that's what someone would put if they were making fun of COD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

24. Post #24

February 2011
    637 Posts

Here's Activision's video about their amazing service.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Dennab
    September 2010
    2,109 Posts
    I can't believe that's actually in there

It sounds so much like a joke, that's what someone would put if they were making fun of COD
    cod taught me how to noscope ppl irl
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 36 (list)

26. Post #26
    April 2011
    3,447 Posts

Got to about 1:08 before I pissed myself laughing.

Wasn't a humor laugh, more a pity laugh.

27. Post #27
    EFG
    February 2010
    3,462 Posts
    Hahahaha.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    February 2011
    1,573 Posts
    hyper-realistic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 67Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    207 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 60Agree Agree x 5 (list)

30. Post #30
    June 2010
    1,012 Posts
    Activision are dicks.

Edited:

Bobby Kotick is a dick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

31. Post #31
    Dennab
    September 2010
    2,109 Posts
    this is such a fucking gimmick
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,577 Posts
    That UI looks a lot like the Bungie.net UI.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    wow ok
    December 2007
    16,152 Posts
    Once again...

It will be a browser based "free-to-play" and micro-transaction fueled TDM only game that will look worse than CoD1. TDM is the same, first team to 100 kills wins.

There are 100 levels, however you never unlock anything. It's $10 to prestige once you are level 100, 20 levels of prestige.

There will be five weapons. One assault rifle, one SMG, one shotgun, one sniper rifle, one pistol.

It will cost $10 to use one of the main weapons for a month. If you don't buy one of the main weapons, you only get a pistol. You cannot pick up weapons from bodies. Pay $5 per month for dual wielding pistols.

Every 100 rounds for the AR/SMG will be $1, every 50 for the shotgun will be $1, every 30 rounds for the sniper rifle will be $1, pistol ammo is free. You cannot pick up ammo from guns on the ground. Using the knife is free, although now it takes 3 swings to kill someone.

The pistol, however, takes 14 torso shots to kill someone. 7 rounds per mag, you can carry 3 mags at a time. (6 mags when dual wielding)

Frag grenades will be $1 each, no secondary grenades.

There are no "killstreaks", but now are now paystreaks. Pay $5, get a care package. Pay $10, get a predator missile. Pay $30, get a chopper gunner. Pay $75, get a nuke. One time use only.

There is one map for free. Pay $5 to unlock another map for one month.

To enable the killcam, you must pay 25 cents every time you watch it. Skipping it does not avoid the cost.

To get an M1A2 Abrams, pay $15. Can only use it for one round, unlimited respawns/ammo with it for said round.

To be in a clan, the creator must pay $50 upfront, $25 a month to keep it up. Members must pay $5 a month to be in said clan. Creator gets none of said money. Being in a clan only gives you a [CLANTAG] in front of your name.
    So far the map part is right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    2,652 Posts
    I'll just stick with MW3 when it's out...

here comes the boxes for liking CoD on FacePunch   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 23Optimistic Optimistic x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    20,397 Posts

LMAO double rainbow!!!! XD its so current!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    5,958 Posts
    Activision Blizzard Inc. announces there new theme song today:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 34Winner Winner x 3 (list)

37. Post #37
    One sexy lumpy man
    August 2010
    1,457 Posts

Also, fuck off Activision.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 16Late Late x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,701 Posts
    I can only imagine what CoD fan boys will say...

"YOU ONLY HATE COD ELITE BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO POOR TO AFFORD IT AHAHAHA!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 37Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    April 2011
    1,418 Posts
    Why does every article I see about MW3 say this?

I mean, literally every single one has these exact words.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,030 Posts
    Hopefully everyone will realize this is Activision's last stand for milking every god damned drop they can out of the Call of Duty franchise and not buy it.

Oh who am I kidding, it's going to sell millions and nobody will listen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22 (list)