1. Post #1
    April 2011
    718 Posts
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...-criminal-acid

In a literal application of the sharia law of an eye for an eye, Iran is ready for the first time to blind a man with acid, after he was found guilty of doing the same to a woman who refused to marry him.

Majid Movahedi, 30, is scheduled to be rendered unconscious in Tehran's judiciary hospital at noon on Saturday while Ameneh Bahrami, his victim, drops acid in both his eyes, her lawyer said.

Bahrami who had asked for an eye for an eye retribution in the court, was disfigured and blinded by Movahedi in 2004 when he threw a jar of acid in her face while she was returning home from work. "He was holding a red container in his hand. He looked into my eyes for a second and threw the contents of the red container into my face," she told the court in 2008.

According to Iranian media, Bahrami's lawyer, Ali Sarafi, has said: "A very good sentence has been given and an appropriate method has been adopted so that the convict will be blinded by few drops of acids in eyes after he is rendered unconscious."

In a highly publicised dossier in November 2008, a criminal court in Tehran ordered qisas (retribution) on Movahedi after he admitted throwing acid at Bahrami, and entitled her to blind him with acid. He was also required to pay compensation to the victim. Bahrami refused to accept the "blood money" and told the court: "Inflict the same life on him that he inflicted on me."

Iranian officials have endorsed the the sentence in the hope of halting an increase in the rate of acid attacks. But human rights activists have warned against an "inhumane" sentence.

The British Foreign Office urged Iran to halt the sentence. "The attack on Ameneh Bahrami in 2004 was a horrific crime," a spokesman said. "However, we are deeply concerned by reports that Majid Movahedi's sentence of being blinded by having acid dripped into his eyes may be carried out.

"The FCO calls on the Iranian authorities to commute this inhumane punishment to an appropriate sentence in line with Iran's international obligations and to cease the practice of corporal punishment for crimes."

Iranian media have reported that Movahedi will be blinded in both eyes but Bahrami, in an interview in 2009, said that the man would be blinded only in one eye because "each man is worth two women" under Iranian law.

"The person who did this deserves to go through the same suffering. Only this way will he understand my pain my intention is to ask for the application of the law not just for revenge but also so that no other woman will have to go through this. It is to set an example," Bahrami was quoted by the Spanish newspaper ABC as saying.

Bahrami, who has an electronics degree and worked in a medical engineering company before the attack, moved to Spain with the help of the Iranian government where she has undergone a series of unsuccessful operations. She briefly recovered half vision in her right eye in 2007 but an infection blinded her again.

Bahrami has recently published a book in Germany, Eye for an Eye, based on her personal life and her suffering since she was blinded.

In recent months, human rights organisations have expressed alarm over the unprecedented increase of capital punishment in Iran, which last year executed more people than any other country apart from China.
    Shame he has to be unconscious honestly, the fuck deserves to suffer through that after he threw acid in the face of a woman who didn't want to be his fuck toy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb x 92Winner x 22Agree x 10Funny x 4Friendly x 3Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    "some of those dragon dildo designs are pretty cool"
    February 2007
    8,987 Posts

Shame he has to be unconscious honestly, the fuck deserves to suffer through that after he threw acid in the face of a woman who didn't want to be his fuck toy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 105Dumb Dumb x 6Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    April 2011
    718 Posts
    They're using eye for an eye as a law, the woman didn't get to be unconscious while the acid ATE AWAY AT HER FACE did she?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 44Agree Agree x 21Late Late x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    12,263 Posts
    Fire with fire, seems perfectly reasonable to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 40Agree Agree x 38Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,678 Posts
    Sharia law at its best
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 34Agree Agree x 13Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    I can buy a title to replace to the one someone bought me
    December 2007
    4,073 Posts
    They're using eye for an eye as a law, the woman didn't get to be unconscious while the acid ATE AWAY AT HER FACE did she?
    You just don't care about the fact that the man has a right to a fair sentence, do you? While throwing acid at the woman's face was wrong, doing the same to him is not justified. Eye for an eye is a horrible concept and you should be ashamed for advocating it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 130Disagree Disagree x 47Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    9,167 Posts
    Iranian media have reported that Movahedi will be blinded in both eyes but Bahrami, in an interview in 2009, said that the man would be blinded only in one eye because "each man is worth two women" under Iranian law.
    Oh wow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 138Funny Funny x 23Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    April 2011
    718 Posts
    You just don't care about the fact that the man has a right to a fair sentence, do you? While throwing acid at the woman's face was wrong, doing the same to him is not justified. Eye for an eye is a horrible concept and you should be ashamed for advocating it.
    There is no sensible punishment for behavior like this, and if he were locked up he'd probably be beaten anyway.

And no, he doesn't have the right to a fair sentence. That isn't America.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 40 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    12,263 Posts
    Fuck off with your moral superiority, really no one here cares and honestly they should just inject it directly into his retinas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 71Dumb Dumb x 64Disagree Disagree x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    14,832 Posts
    I would not wish that on anyone yeesh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 34Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Fuck off with your moral superiority, really no one here cares and honestly they should just inject it directly into his retinas.
    He needs to be rehabilitated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny x 21Winner x 4Agree x 3Disagree x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Media tag that fucking image shit.

Its slightly disturbing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree x 16Dumb x 15Disagree x 4Late x 1Funny x 1Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    SBD
    July 2008
    1,152 Posts
    Yes the punishment should fit the crime, but doesn't this make the victim as big a monster as he is?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 41Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    6,699 Posts
    Good god is she ugly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 32Funny Funny x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    12,263 Posts
    Yes the punishment should fit the crime, but doesn't this make the victim as big a monster as he is?
    Retribution for an unjust act of him irreparably scarring her and blinding her because he's being a petulent child because she wouldn't marry him suddenly makes her a huge monster?

I've always wondered but I suppose you're in an ideal position to explain this for me so here goes

What colour is the sky in moral superiority land?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 24Zing Zing x 16Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    LIVE LIKE A WINDRAMMER AS YOU FUCK
    June 2010
    5,792 Posts
    I wouldn't wish this upon anyone, no matter what they did.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    12,263 Posts
    I wouldn't wish this upon anyone, no matter what they did.
    There's a difference between wishing on them and it being fair.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Agree Agree x 15 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    20,176 Posts
    Good god is she ugly.
    Have acid thrown into your face and we'll see how handsome you look.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 29 (list)

19. Post #19
    Good god is she ugly.
    People generally don't look too good when they are splashed in the face with acidic substances.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    6,699 Posts
    Retribution for an unjust act of him irreparably scarring her and blinding her because he's being a petulent child because she wouldn't marry him suddenly makes her a huge monster?

I've always wondered but I suppose you're in an ideal position to explain this for me so here goes

What colour is the sky in moral superiority land?
    Let's say someone killed your mother/father (assuming they're not dead in the first place, and if they are: deal with the hypothetical): does that make it okay for you to kill THEIR mother/father?

What if you had a son/daughter and someone with a son/daughter murdered them. Is it perfectly fine for you to kill their son/daughter?

You start allowing eye-for-an-eye style punishments and you find yourself on a VERY slippery moral slope.

Edited:

People generally don't look too good when they are splashed in the face with acidic substances.
    Bases tend to do a better job. Chuck concentrated sodium hydroxide onto someone and they are FUCKED. Know what they use to dissolve dead cattle; fat, muscle, bone and all?

NaOH.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Agree Agree x 4 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    12,263 Posts
    Let's say someone killed your mother/father (assuming they're not dead in the first place, and if they are: deal with the hypothetical): does that make it okay for you to kill THEIR mother/father?

What if you had a son/daughter and someone with a son/daughter murdered them. Is it perfectly fine for you to kill their son/daughter?

You start allowing eye-for-an-eye style punishments and you find yourself on a VERY slippery moral slope.

Edited:

Bases tend to do a better job. Chuck concentrated sodium hydroxide onto someone and they are FUCKED.
    Nah, because for me retribution is about causing the criminal untold suffering, and reducing the suffering for everyone else, but above all it has to be the right thing to do.

So, if someone killed my mum and dad, I'd find them and break every bone in their body, then get creative and see where the mood takes me.

And besides, I don't give a fuck about morals, they're useless wastes of time that by their nature make them subjective and variable, and as such have no place in deciding someones fate, thus fate and retribution should reside.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 22Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    I can buy a title to replace to the one someone bought me
    December 2007
    4,073 Posts
    There is no sensible punishment for behavior like this, and if he were locked up he'd probably be beaten anyway.

And no, he doesn't have the right to a fair sentence. That isn't America.
    No matter how fucked up the country is, he still has rights.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #23

Your analogies- you're a bit behind on the eye-for-an-eye concept. The methodology you're proposing is what Hammurabi practiced under his code c.1700 BC.

If someone kills your parents, their parents have got nothing to answer for; the person who killed your parents is the one who is accountable for their deaths and deserves punishment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,611 Posts
    Good god is she ugly.
    Gee, I wonder why.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 27Winner Winner x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    6,699 Posts
    Gee, I wonder why.
    Because she had acid thrown in her face.

Don't worry, I AM aware of what's going on here. I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Edited:

Your analogies- you're a bit behind on the eye-for-an-eye concept. The methodology you're proposing is what Hammurabi practiced under his code c.1700 BC.

If someone kills your parents, their parents have got nothing to answer for; the person who killed your parents is the one who is accountable for their deaths and deserves punishment.
    If you're going to take 'eye for an eye' literally then that is what you'd do: the exact same to them as they did to you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

26. Post #26
    November 2010
    207 Posts
    Mutilating the criminal serves no purpose. This is a barbaric punishment that fixes nothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 37Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    12,263 Posts
    Mutilating the criminal serves no purpose. This is a barbaric punishment that fixes nothing.
    Let me guess, he has problems, he just needs some love, hugs and attention?

Cause after all, we can rehabilitate him, and everything will be better.

Fuck that, skin his eyes and burn them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 28Agree Agree x 5 (list)

28. Post #28
    April 2010
    404 Posts
    guess they have never heard that eye for an eye makes the world blind

i understandhe deserves punishment but this is fucking retarded
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    This is the real justice. If you throw him in jail, it will only cost a shitload of money and the victim still isn't happy. If the victim gets to return the punishment, the guy can live with the real pain the victim had to live with, not some jailtime.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 19Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    6,699 Posts
    guess they have never heard that eye for an eye makes the world blind

i understandhe deserves punishment but this is fucking retarded
    Or, you could be optimistic and say: an eye for the eye makes us all pirates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 16Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    RESIDENT ASBESTOS OBSESSIVE
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 16Dumb x 13Late x 7Funny x 2Informative x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    If you're going to take 'eye for an eye' literally then that is what you'd do: the exact same to them they did to you.
    Most nations with capital punishment don't take it literally, however. Moreover, most people, including myself, who advocate the concept do not take it literally. To begin with on this matter, however, the retribution law Iran uses cannot be used in murder cases; it must be requested personally by the victim(s) directly affected by the actions of another individual. If the victim is the one who was murdered, they can't bloody well file a request, can they? This kind of stuff is most often used in Iran (and even Saudi Arabia) for cases such as assaults, rapes, etc.

What I like about this method is that it gives the actual victim the freedom of choice over what punishment should be inflicted on those who wronged them, if any (if they request no specific punishments, however, they'll be put in prison of course; I should probably mention that Iran has zero tolerance for murderers, however, among others).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    12,263 Posts
    Wrong, there will always be one guy with eyes because everyone won't be able to find his eyes.

Checkmate mother fucker :pcgaming:

Edited:

Most nations with capital punishment don't take it literally, however. Moreover, most people, including myself, who advocate the concept do not take it literally. To begin with on this matter, however, the retribution law Iran uses cannot be used in murder cases; it must be requested personally by the victim(s) directly affected by the actions of another individual. If the victims are the ones who were murdered, they can't bloody well file a request, can they? This kind of stuff is most often used in Iran (and even Saudi Arabia) for cases such as assaults, rapes, etc.
    Must be interesting calling for this in a rape case :pervert:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny x 17Winner x 2Agree x 1Dumb x 1Disagree x 1Zing x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Must be interesting calling for this in a rape case :pervert:
    Oh you have no idea. :smugdog:

35. Post #35
    Quality Poster
    August 2010
    9,181 Posts
    Oh shit, did I just go back in time? Guys guys I invented time travel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    1,355 Posts
    I honestly can't believe FP accepts, even encourages this punishment. What the fuck is wrong with all of you? What is this going to accomplish? Revenge punishments don't do shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 58Disagree Disagree x 12Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    12,263 Posts
    I honestly can't believe FP accepts, even encourages this punishment. What the fuck is wrong with all of you? What is this going to accomplish? Revenge punishments don't do shit.
    I disagree, they do do something, for example this one will turn that guy blind

See it will achieve something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    It's not your call on how he should be punished; it's Bahrami's. She's the victim.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 2Zing Zing x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,141 Posts
    Stop quoting Call of Duty, this is serious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 30Funny Funny x 26Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    1,355 Posts
    It's not your call on how he should be punished; it's Bahrami's. She's the victim.

Why should it be the victims call? That just leads to extremely excessive punishments that are grounded in emotion. I'm not saying what the attacker did wasnt horrible or cruel, but this punishment wont solve a thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)