1. Post #1
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,419 Posts
    [release]

What's this?

Tiramisu is a little something Matt B and me have been working on for nearly 3 years now. Put bluntly, Tiramisu is a roleplay gamemode. If you were to really describe it though, Tiramisu is an open source, actively developed and feature full base for roleplay gamemodes to be derived on. Tiramisu is based on Cakescript G2, although over the years less than 5% of the original code remains.

Tiramisu does not and has never tried to be competition to any RP gamemode out there at all. It's focus and design is unique, and therefore it tries to set itself as a new opportunity for development, a different system with different rules and different design options.
    [/release]

[release]

[LIST][*]Advanced PAC like character editor, allowing for extensive customization of your player model[*]Advanced animation system, allowing the usage of NPC models, player models (even ragdolls!) without the need of recompiling them with a new animation set.[*]Extended chat text support, going well over the 255 character limit employed by most RP gamemodes, so you’re now truly free to say whatever you want! Chat system supports fonts and colouring.[*]Superb group system, heavily expanding upon the concept of flags. Groups can now be self administrated, as well as user created without any hassle for admins or for the server itself.[*]Tremendously optimized and network efficient. As lightweight as vanilla Cakescript G2![*]Innovative VGUI, using a clever array of 3D displays, custom textures and panels, and post process to provide an aesthetically pleasing RP gamemode without risking functionality.[*]Comes packed in with a HL2RP schema[*]Always, and forever, free[/LIST][/release]

[release]

[/release]

[release]

Downloads:

OLD VERSIONS:

Also available in SVN flavor: http://tiramisu-rp.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

Development builds available at: https://github.com/kamaitama/Tiramisu/

TO INSTALL:

1) Make a folder in garrysmod/gamemodes

2) Extract the .zip on that folder.

3) Copy whatever's inside that folder's "content" folder, and paste it on your base garrysmod folder

4) Run, enjoy.

[/release]

[release]
    Bugs and documentation:

Submit all bugs you may find here.

Documentation is available at my GitHub wiki, also available here. The code is generally well documented and readable, so you shouldn't have much trouble editing it.
    [/release]

[release]
    Credits:
    [LIST][*]LuaBanana/Nori[*]MattB[*]Dr@g0n/Mr. Giggles[*]Steel[*]Nergal[*]Flash[*]Overv[*]Chrisaster[*]Azuisleet[*]Mogey[*]Norah[*]Whoever I'm forgetting.[/LIST][/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Venezuela Show Events Lua King x 50Winner x 3Friendly x 2Optimistic x 1Artistic x 1Agree x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2009
    714 Posts
    Nice release you got here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,419 Posts
    Nice release you got here.
    Thanks, I do what I can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Venezuela Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Lua King Lua King x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,996 Posts
    nice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    TO SOME- THING
    September 2009
    3,999 Posts
    :golfclap: An excellent script, truly trumps most other roleplaying scripts out there as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

6. Post #6
    June 2009
    149 Posts
    For the first time in a very long time the RP community has a stable, free, public script with the capacity for serious roleplay. Excellent work here, I'll be putting this up on my server once I get my shit together.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    June 2007
    83 Posts
    I've been hearing and working and waiting for Tiramisu's official release for a while now (try several months, lol). I'm glad to see it's finally out, and appears to be just as awesome as promised.

One thing I would like to emphasize, though, is that while the script may be here, the community also needs to step up and take a swing with Tira. I know there's plenty of people out there who want to start an RP, but are too intimidated by acquiring a script and coding for it afterwards. With Tiramisu, it's pretty easy to get into things, so there's little excuse for script-less communities now.
    However, good documentation, tutorials, and a library of plug-ins, as well as maybe some post-gmod-patch support, Tiramisu will be a mainstay for good RP servers for a while.

I'll be sure to release ASAP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,239 Posts
    It's finally here, nice work.

9. Post #9
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,419 Posts
    I've been hearing and working and waiting for Tiramisu's official release for a while now (try several months, lol). I'm glad to see it's finally out, and appears to be just as awesome as promised.

One thing I would like to emphasize, though, is that while the script may be here, the community also needs to step up and take a swing with Tira. I know there's plenty of people out there who want to start an RP, but are too intimidated by acquiring a script and coding for it afterwards. With Tiramisu, it's pretty easy to get into things, so there's little excuse for script-less communities now.
    However, good documentation, tutorials, and a library of plug-ins, as well as maybe some post-gmod-patch support, Tiramisu will be a mainstay for good RP servers for a while.

I'll be sure to release ASAP.
    Sadly I'll be gone for 2 weeks on a (long deserved) vacation from coding in general. I'll be on a very far away place with no Internet, so support for this two weeks will be handled by the co-author Matt B. He can be reached at http://steamcommunity.com/id/Ryaga/ .

I'll document the whole script once I get back home.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Venezuela Show Events Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10

November 2010
    39 Posts
    Just exellent work dude.

11. Post #11
    February 2009
    1,361 Posts
    It's finally out of its beta stage.

Am I the only person getting the feeling that Garry's Mod RP is finally regaining its stability? I mean, now suddenly we're getting several good RP gamemodes out to the public, which should give people some actual variety other than just OpenAura and DarkRP. Tiramisu, TacoScript Classic and so forth. Even me and some other people are working on a new RP gamemode.

A still more glorious dawn awaits... And something about apple pies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

12. Post #12
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,419 Posts
    Thanks everybody, it'd be really nice if you all can help me promote Tiramisu while I'm gone. Matt can't do everything, of course.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    627 Posts
    I'm invisible in third person, wat

Edited:

People can't see me/others on specific models unless they restart GMod.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    Hey guys, just an idea but instead of developing your own gamemodes, contribute to this one? It's open source and free :D and we'll gladly accept good changes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    627 Posts
    Filenames need to be made lowercase, as they are literally fucking over my FastDL

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,478 Posts
    Filenames need to be made lowercase, as they are literally fucking over my FastDL
    Submit an issue on github, my sir, or do it yourself and e-mail one of us the fix zipped up.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    627 Posts
    Also, I don't get it, how do you do anything in this gamemode
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,239 Posts
    Also, I don't get it, how do you do anything in this gamemode
    Do what?

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,971 Posts
    Any good European servers running this?

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    627 Posts
    Anything at all. There's no list of commands, no guide to actually use the damn gamemode.

21. Post #21
    February 2009
    1,361 Posts
    Anything at all. There's no list of commands, no guide to actually use the damn gamemode.
    https://github.com/kamaitama/Tiramisu/wiki
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    December 2009
    714 Posts
    Hey, anyone think they could possibly re-develop a business plugin so anyone can use it weather in a faction or not.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    11,747 Posts
    CatIsland+Fishing Mod+Tiramisu... Fucking Epicness.

24. Post #24
    January 2009
    251 Posts
    CatIsland+Fishing Mod+Tiramisu... Fucking Epicness.
    They released Cat Island? Must check that out.

I love the idea of this game mode. If someone can provide me with some raw video footage I could probably make a flash based promo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    March 2008
    434 Posts
    Just as I make my server fretta as I don't want to use darkrp, a good looking rp mod comes out. Now you're making me decide between it and fretta.

26. Post #26
    Mop
    January 2011
    281 Posts
    Will this ever include SQL by default?

Or am I missing something and it does..

27. Post #27
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,402 Posts
    *Kneels*
    Big Bang, will you...

This gamemode is what I've been waiting for, you are truly a god of some sort, sir.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    June 2009
    149 Posts
    Will this ever include SQL by default?

Or am I missing something and it does..
    From the devs:
    "Never had never will. I find MySQL to be ridiculously overkill for most RP servers."
    "There's also the fact that I hate/hated row-based data. I prefer more multidimensional and flexible methods of storing data."

29. Post #29
    Mop
    January 2011
    281 Posts
    Alrighty, thanks for letting me know.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    627 Posts
    Aren't text files like, extremely slow?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    April 2011
    23 Posts
    You should add a list of communities who plan to, or are using this right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

32. Post #32
    September 2009
    2,020 Posts
    Nice Job.

33. Post #33
    guys i have unique darkrp, k?
    May 2008
    1,358 Posts
    Have you fixed the business tab yet?

34. Post #34
    June 2009
    149 Posts
    Have you fixed the business tab yet?
    It seems fully functional, last time I checked.

35. Post #35
    April 2011
    3 Posts
    Most of it works great, however there's an odd bug, some of the players are getting. The chat bar doesn't ever update making it impossible for them to use and written communication. I'm thinking this is an addon conflict? Anyone have any suggestions?

36. Post #36
    May 2008
    1,358 Posts
    Strange, I attempted to give a rank some buygroups, and it still said he couldn't access the business tab. Time to investigate.

Edited:

Alright, it works now, but the entire menu is empty :|

37. Post #37
    Fight for justice, fight for Manning and Snowden.
    April 2010
    2,597 Posts
    This is nice and it's epic that it's actively coded. Great job and I'm downloading it now.

38. Post #38

April 2011
    5 Posts
    is there a knock out mod, such as if player gets hurt play will rp_passout also
    zipties seem to not work well, it says tieing down, but player can still use weapons out.
    also is there an rp_patdown? i could be missing it or its just not there :P

thanks other then that i say this is one of the best scripts out there i love the player editor and the easy to code scheme like cakescript

39. Post #39
    May 2008
    1,358 Posts
    People can have weapons out when ziptied but can't use them I believe. And the rest of those things can be RPed.

40. Post #40
    June 2009
    149 Posts
    Strange, I attempted to give a rank some buygroups, and it still said he couldn't access the business tab. Time to investigate.

Edited:

Alright, it works now, but the entire menu is empty :|
    Are your items set to the buygroups you gave the rank?

EDIT: Also, it's worth noting that maps with capital letters in their names screw up the door ownership system completely. Make sure your maps are in all lowercase.