1. Post #1
    April 2011
    44 Posts
    I have been doing some work lately on various custom models for L4D2 and I've been looking for a few outlets to post them. I don't have gmod personally, but I've asked a few people to help me make sure these models work properly in gmod.

Anyway, I first posted here, so most of this is a copy-paste, but I've included gmod-friendly versions as well. They require gmount OR one of the handful of L4D1/2 survivor packs available on garrysmod.org.

I plan on making at least one new custom model for each of the L4D1 and L4D2 survivors and will post them here. Stay tuned...

Original survivors

MELEE-FIX PACK

A simple pack that I'm hoping will be superceded by a future Valve update, this pack adds melee attachments to the L4D1 survivors, a pistol attachment for Zoey, and incap animation for the L4D1 male survivors in solo/offline play.

DOWNLOAD: (as a pack) l4dmaps.com OR (as separate VPKs) gamebanana.com

Francis

Officer

Relax, he's a cop!

This features Francis in a deputy uniform, which he may or may not have "borrowed" from someone.

Download: l4dmaps.com gamebanana

Louis
    Bill
    Zoey

[*] Courtesan

Halloween was always her favorite holiday. My first public model made from scratch, this features Zoey in a "courtesan" costume based on the courtesan multiplayer character from Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Front Side view Back Comparison

DOWNLOAD: Gamebanana l4dmaps.com

gmod version:

L4D2 Survivors

Rochelle
    [*] Mudwoman

Rochelle tries a less urbane spa treatment... This features Rochelle in a more liberal outfit based on the mud men uncommon infected from Swamp Fever. It also features a slightly different hairstyle for her, a compromise between her current look and her beta hairstyle. Side view Back Comparison

DOWNLOAD: L4Dmaps.com Gamebanana

[*]Executive-Producer

Meet your new professional zombie-killer. Based off Sheva "business" from Resident Evil 5, this features Rochelle dressed in a business suit. (Special thanks to MkTbKz) Front - Back - Comparison
    DOWNLOAD: L4D2 versions l4dmaps.com - L4DMods.com

gmod version:

Ellis
    [*] Hard-Hat

The road calls to Ellis in more ways than one... This features Ellis in an outfit based on the road-worker uncommon infected from Hard Rain. This model also swaps his trusty overalls for better fitting jeans. Side view Back Comparison

DOWNLOAD: L4Dmaps.com Gamebanana

[*]Mad-Max armor

Ellis has been known to raid more than just junkyards... Inspired by Mad Max, this model swaps out Ellis' overalls for something a little more...exotic. Based off Chris "warrior" from Resident Evil 5 and Fallout 3 Raider armor. (Special thanks to MkTbKz for this model.) Front - Comparison - Misc. - First-person perspective
    DOWNLOAD: L4D2 version l4dmaps.com - L4DMods.com

gmod version:

Coach

[*]SWAT Armor

Coach finally gets his armor... This model has Coach in a SWAT uniform based off one of the available outfits for Chuck in Dead Rising 2. Front - Back - Boomed - Misc.
    DOWNLOAD: l4dmaps.com - L4DMods.com

gmod version:

Formal Sometimes things are just black and white. Coach sports some formal wear with this model based off the wedding uncommon infected from The Passing. Front Back Comparison

DOWNLOAD: L4Dmaps.com gamebanana

Gmod version coming shortly.

Nick
    [*]Inmate Nick

Nick's past has caught up to him. This model has Nick dressed in an orange prison jumpsuit based on the Dead Rising 2 costume for Chuck. Front - Back - Comparison

DOWNLOAD (now without the checkerboard): L4D2 version l4dmaps.com - L4DMods.com

gmod version:

[*]Jimmy-Gibbs Nick

Nick is a man of many suits. This features Nick in a racer outfit also worn by Jimmy Gibbs, Jr. Front Side Back Comparison

DOWNLOAD: l4dmaps.com gamebanana

MISCELLANEOUS MODELS

Weapons

Remington 870 Wingmaster
    DOWNLOAD: gamebanana l4dmaps.com

M4A1 Rifle Replacement
    DOWNLOAD: gamebanana l4dmaps.com

L4D M41911 A1 Pistol
    DOWNLOAD: l4dmaps.com
    (Closer perspective version with original animations): Mediafire

I'm bad at taking screenshots, but do notice that these are new custom models and not just reskins. They also have working facial animations, tracking eyes, boomer-bile effects, and can properly hold two-handed weapons like fire axes and baseball bats. Except for LODs, I've tried to make sure that these models deliver what you might expect from the original models. (As with Ellis, also notice that I've changed the first-person hands to match the new models.)

I'll update this thread as I create more! Thanks to MkTbKz and Zoralink for helping me out with the gmod stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner x 23Artistic x 6Funny x 2Optimistic x 1Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    CUNT DESTROYER
    August 2008
    10,965 Posts
    Oh wow, these are actually pretty neat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    3,163 Posts
    The extra features like faceposing and such are really nice. Good work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    6,030 Posts
    Excellent work! I really like the idea here. Keep up the good work, we need more people like you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,667 Posts
    These are awesome.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    253 Posts
    Great work, I like Nick's new model the most.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,491 Posts
    I don't want to sound like an idiot, but I've got ask - are the Gmod versions hexed?

Plus, I can see some great headhacks with the inmate suit.

8. Post #8
    January 2011
    70 Posts
    Yes, they are "hexed" properly in that they do not replace the stock L4D2 survivors if you have them.

9. Post #9
    July 2009
    367 Posts
    Are you going to upload the custom models I see in the Ellis picture?

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,841 Posts
    Coach...changed a lot.

11. Post #11
    April 2011
    44 Posts
    Those models are actually related to my other story here. I rigged up some custom models based on characters from the story.

Edit: And no, I don't plan on releasing those quite yet...

12. Post #12
    King Shit of Turd Mountain
    July 2009
    8,930 Posts
    -snip- I am fooz
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Better Than Jacknife
    December 2009
    8,969 Posts
    Holy shit I thought l4d models face flexes break how'd you do that?

14. Post #14
    Main Force Patrolin'
    August 2006
    5,276 Posts
    The Mad Max armor looks like a sex bondage session gone wrong...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    April 2011
    44 Posts
    Holy shit I thought l4d models face flexes break how'd you do that?
    It's a semi-tedious process, but I had to recreate them. MkTbKz helped me with the stock characters, but for my other models, it's essentially recreating them from scratch.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    855 Posts
    The Mad Max armor looks like a sex bondage session gone wrong...
    Blame Capcom, I really think they like seeing Chris shirtless, in bondage gear.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,375 Posts
    Blame Capcom, I really think they like seeing Chris shirtless, in bondage gear.
    The armor looks more like raider armor from Fallout 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #18
    April 2011
    44 Posts
    Next model I plan to release is Coach, and then the L4D1 survivors. I have to do some experimenting to make sure the addon stuff and model replacement system works properly for the L4D1 survivors in L4D2.

I don't think I'll be doing anything for L4D1 since Valve is porting the rest of the campaigns over anyway, the addon system is slightly broken in L4D1, and the rigs between the two games are slightly different.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    February 2009
    36 Posts
    Next model I plan to release is Coach, and then the L4D1 survivors. I have to do some experimenting to make sure the addon stuff and model replacement system works properly for the L4D1 survivors in L4D2.

I don't think I'll be doing anything for L4D1 since Valve is porting the rest of the campaigns over anyway, the addon system is slightly broken in L4D1, and the rigs between the two games are slightly different.
    is not told me I managed to put two models in l4d1 through pak01_dir
    http://img688.imageshack.us/i/l4dhos...artment0b.jpg/
    http://img818.imageshack.us/i/l4dhos...artment0e.jpg/

20. Post #20
    January 2011
    70 Posts
    Yes, it's definitely possible in L4D1, but I think he was saying that it wouldn't be worth the effort to make the models for L4D1. The two games have slightly different rig setups for the skeletons, so he'd have to essentially remake the models twice.

21. Post #21
    I love My Cunt Oven
    August 2010
    4,330 Posts
    Not to mention the skinning system was screwed up for L4D2.

22. Post #22
    February 2009
    36 Posts
    Yes, it's definitely possible in L4D1, but I think he was saying that it wouldn't be worth the effort to make the models for L4D1. The two games have slightly different rig setups for the skeletons, so he'd have to essentially remake the models twice.
    It is true that there is a big difference

23. Post #23
    July 2010
    201 Posts
    The inmate nick looks stupid with that checkerboard crap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

24. Post #24
    April 2010
    20 Posts
    Thanks very much pappaskurtz for all your hard work and time you have taken in putting these custom model/skins together, i can see you have worked really hard on these projects. Your work shows great creativity and originality that makes L4D2 that much more interesting and fun to play, and lets not forget its guys like pappaskurtz who keep games alive by creating such nice custom content, so from me bud thanks again.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,578 Posts
    La suggestione, get Coach's head on body of Fat Majini from RE5
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #26

April 2011
    1 Posts
    This is cool, thanks!

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,841 Posts
    The inmate nick looks stupid with that checkerboard crap.
    It doesn't have the checkerboard anymore, that was an older pic.

28. Post #28
    April 2011
    44 Posts
    I've been getting quite a few PMs about the facial flexes and such; I plan on releasing the source files for the facial animation and QC data along with a tutorial once I release the first set of L4D2 and L4D1 survivors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    December 2009
    466 Posts
    Can I make a request if possible? Could you remove the hood from the Coach model?

http://meta.filesmelt.com/downloader...-01_00001.jpeg

Like edit it out in some 3D program.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

30. Post #30
    December 2009
    10,375 Posts
    Can I make a request if possible? Could you remove the hood from the Coach model?

http://meta.filesmelt.com/downloader...-01_00001.jpeg

Like edit it out in some 3D program.
    :frog:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    December 2009
    466 Posts
    Okay? What's wrong with wanting two versions of it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    January 2011
    70 Posts
    Okay? What's wrong with wanting two versions of it?
    This is just me, but I think it's silly to request something of a model that hasn't even been released AND without even knowing the context of the model to begin with...

33. Post #33
    December 2009
    466 Posts
    This is just me, but I think it's silly to request something of a model that hasn't even been released AND without even knowing the context of the model to begin with...
    That's why I said "if possible". Meaning I don't know if it can be done or not, though I'm sure it could most likely with that kind of skill. I'm not asking something crazy like redoing the entire thing. The model is great, I'm just asking for one slightly different alternate version of it. Why is that such a big deal to everyone?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

34. Post #34
    December 2009
    10,375 Posts
    Because maybe you should wait till there's even a hint of completion at the intended final product.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    December 2009
    466 Posts
    Because maybe you should wait till there's even a hint of completion at the intended final product.
    Trying to reason with you people is just...Ugh. Why would it not be completed? It's in the screenshot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    3,841 Posts
    Trying to reason with you people is just...Ugh. Why would it not be completed? It's in the screenshot.
    Is it released? No, it isn't, thus, it's not done.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    December 2009
    466 Posts
    Is it released? No, it isn't, thus, it's not done.

That really wasn't my point. He made it sound like it wouldn't be completed. It's obviously going to be released later.

Whatever, I wish I didn't request for it now, then again with everyone jumping at me I doubt the result would be any different. Sorry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

38. Post #38
    January 2011
    70 Posts

That really wasn't my point. He made it sound like it wouldn't be completed. It's obviously going to be released later.

Whatever, I wish I didn't request for it now, then again with everyone jumping at me I doubt the result would be any different. Sorry.
    That's fine and all, really, but it's not really wise to request something of a model in which you don't know the context. Why did pappa design a model to look like that, you think? Did he just feel like making coach younger and white and with a torn up hoodie? There are good reasons that you should probably know of before making any requests like that. :p

He said he made the coach model (including ones we haven't seen) based on characters in his story. So why would he change them?

Anyways, I have it on good authority that the real coach model should be released in a few days, if not very soon. Then he'll start on the L4D1 survivors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    168 Posts
    How about Louis in TK's clothes from Dead Rising 2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,491 Posts
    A Zoey model with Tamara Stein's outfit would look good.

Then again, I'd think any DR2 body fits well with any L4D/HL2 head in general.