1. Post #1
    April 2007
    95 Posts
    I am planning on buying a Rebel T2i. I noticed that the price went up $50 couple of days ago. This surprised me because I thought technology is supposed to go down in price over time. After doing some research I found a certain website which said that last year the price of the Rebel T2i went up $200 from April 19th to May 14th...is this going to happen again this year. I was really looking forward to getting this camera over summer, this bummed me a lot. Does anyone know if the website is true? Did the camera really go up in price last year that much? Do you guys think it will happen again for this summer? Thank You.

here is the website: http://www.dpnotes.com/canon-t2i-550...-availability/

2. Post #2
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,325 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Wait... so if I write anything here, it's going to show up under my name?
    December 2009
    7,061 Posts
    No, they only depreciate. You are undoubtedly looking at the wrong place to buy them.

4. Post #4
    April 2007
    95 Posts
    Well yes I know about that website, it is actually where I noticed the price increase. I believe the body was $649 or $639, and now it is $699. Is there maybe a graph showing a price trend for cameras there, or a discussion board? I can't seem to find one. I would rather ask random people than calling the store which might be biased.

5. Post #5
    soy un perdedor
    July 2010
    4,325 Posts
    I wouldn't worry about it too much, seeing as the T2i has been out for a year, it's probably pretty stable in price.

There might even be some rebates coming up.

6. Post #6
    hzy
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,942 Posts
    It's possible there was a special offer on at the time that you first checked, with it expiring by the time you checked again. When I bought my scanner it was $120 I think, then the offer ended and it went up to $160 (still way cheaper than Australian Retail though!)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)