1. Post #1
    I LIKE BIG DUCKS AND I CANNOT LIE, YOU OTHER QUACKS CAN'T DENY
    Dennab
    December 2008
    13,542 Posts
    Someone should port models from this game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

2. Post #2
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,895 Posts
    Not possible just yet. There's some sort of oddity in the model format that prevents the models from being exported properly. However, keep an eye on this topic for further developments in the model format:

http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6026
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Dennab
    December 2008
    13,542 Posts
    Sorry for the bump but has anyone found any new information about model porting?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,895 Posts
    Yes, there has been, actually:

http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6672

With Noesis, you can now preview and export the models from the 360 version of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (and you'll need the textures from the PS3 version, since the 360 ones are sometime buggy) with the rigging nearly intact. It's a bit glitchy (and doesn't work for everything), but it works, nonetheless!

Here's a quick render of Tron's model. Had to use the "dizzy" face, since the eye textures won't export for some reason.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    November 2010
    1,416 Posts
    Also: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/109...lkers-Ragdolls

There is a way to convert the .mesh.ascii model format to another useable in Blender/Max.

I got Felicia and Morrigan :P

Forget the link that i put, i found a better way. You need Blender 2.49 and Pyton 2.5.2.

I found Morrigan and Felicia models. The first it was directly in mesh.ascii format. Felicia only in .mesh format (you need XNALara to open it and export it as a .mesh.ascii format).

The link for the XNALara is here: http://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=147100

You need this script to use it in Blender (importer): http://www.mediafire.com/?zh4d0ykhts7ljfg

Put in in "user"/appdata/blender/.blender/scripts/

After open Blender and set the path of the python scripts (extend down the upper bar to see the options), go to file->import->meshasciiimporter (or something like).

Ta-da. You got it. If you want it for Max:

Export it in .FBX (or .obj) format (probably there are better formats to export it, i found this work). Open it in Max, wait it to upload (WAIT, because it looks that it crash, but in fact is loading), and...

(if the image is too heavy sorry admins, it wasnt my intention. Also, she isnt naked).

And the best of all is that it have a decent number of polys (+-18000).

The bad part is that i cant work on these models due the lack on time (im working on another models), but im sure that someone it can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Spain Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    April 2010
    266 Posts
    Yes, there has been, actually:

http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6672

With Noesis, you can now preview and export the models from the 360 version of Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (and you'll need the textures from the PS3 version, since the 360 ones are sometime buggy) with the rigging nearly intact. It's a bit glitchy (and doesn't work for everything), but it works, nonetheless!

Here's a quick render of Tron's model. Had to use the "dizzy" face, since the eye textures won't export for some reason.

good work on this prototype, rtb
    this will be good

7. Post #7
    December 2010
    106 Posts
    does it involve bodygroup of face expression?

8. Post #8
    SZK
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,357 Posts
    Shit, someone beat me to it.

I was going to request this, had a whole bunch of nice screenshots lined up too...

'Course, I was just going to request Zero, Felicia, and Akuma first.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what comes of this!

Oh yeah, quick question; do the models have the capability for Faceposing and Eyeposing? They look like they do in-game, but I'm not certain.

9. Post #9
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,895 Posts
    does it involve bodygroup of face expression?
    Yeah, from what I've seen, characters have rigged faces, and also a bunch of bodygroup face sets (for example, Tron has default rigged, default unrigged, smile, angry, wink/laugh, hurt, and dizzy face sets).

Oh yeah, quick question; do the models have the capability for Faceposing and Eyeposing? They look like they do in-game, but I'm not certain.
    Yeah, they should. The eye textures will have to be modified so that they're separate, but it is possible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    November 2010
    1,416 Posts
    Is not default if you follow the method posted before. But you can make it like all the models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Spain Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    SZK
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,357 Posts
    Thanks. Well then, I'm really looking forward to seeing these happen.

Is anyone here planning on working on them?

12. Post #12
    "Only through the elimination of violence can we achieve world peace." - Y.K. Kim
    August 2009
    7,792 Posts
    I really hope someone ports Spencer
    I've been wanting a Spencer model for oh so long
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,323 Posts
    I really hope someone ports Spencer
    I've been wanting a Spencer model for oh so long
    Nope
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    Shit, someone beat me to it.

I was going to request this, had a whole bunch of nice screenshots lined up too...

'Course, I was just going to request Zero, Felicia, and Akuma first.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what comes of this!

Zero's the first one I'll be porting (along with Taskmaster, Hulk and Hsien-Ko) when I get the files exported properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

15. Post #15
    April 2010
    266 Posts
    and also request maybe,
    robotic gustaff for tron
    perhaps
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    SZK
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,357 Posts
    Zero's the first one I'll be porting (along with Taskmaster, Hulk and Hsien-Ko) when I get the files exported properly.
    Nice. That makes me pretty happy.

Do you plan to give him the full treatment; finger, face, and eye (posing)?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,895 Posts
    and also request maybe,
    robotic gustaff for tron
    perhaps
    I will get to that whenever I get around to porting Tron. It's gonna be bodygroup Hell, though. Drill arms, Servbot cannons, treads, propellers, and a bunch of other things that will all need to be set up properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Dennab
    December 2008
    13,542 Posts
    Port the Servbots too.

19. Post #19
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,895 Posts
    Port the Servbots too.
    Wish I could, but the exporter is broken for those. For some reason, they don't export with any rigging or UV mapping, so those will have to wait, unfortunately. Same thing with Taskmaster's weapons, for example. (Shield is missing UV mapping, and sword just won't export.)

20. Post #20
    July 2010
    5,395 Posts
    I will get to that whenever I get around to porting Tron. It's gonna be bodygroup Hell, though. Drill arms, Servbot cannons, treads, propellers, and a bunch of other things that will all need to be set up properly.
    Out of curiosity, which would be easier: making body groups or separate models entirely?

21. Post #21
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,895 Posts
    Out of curiosity, which would be easier: making body groups or separate models entirely?
    For the lower section (legs, propeller, tank treads), I'll make those separate models, but the arms can be bodygroups. Otherwise I'll have way too many combinations of models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    827 Posts
    Nice. That makes me pretty happy.

Do you plan to give him the full treatment; finger, face, and eye (posing)?
    Definitely; the fingerposing'll probably be the hardest to do though.

23. Post #23
    SZK
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,357 Posts
    Definitely; the fingerposing'll probably be the hardest to do though.
    I wish I was good with this stuff at all, because I'd be happy to help if I were...

But I'll help in whatever other way you need; Beta-testing, web-surfing, whatever it may be. You let me know if I can do something and I will.

Good luck on it, Apoc! If your and RTB's pokemon models are any inclination, you guys are both pretty damn good at this, so I'm sure the final product will be well worth the wait!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

24. Post #24
    CUNT DESTROYER
    August 2008
    10,965 Posts
    Oh my god, a Deadpool model is possible. :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    April 2011
    197 Posts
    I'll be looking forward a Phoenix model.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    12,437 Posts

27. Post #27
    November 2010
    1,416 Posts
    Oh my god, a Deadpool model is possible. :buddy:
    Oh GOD is true.

Only we have to wait to someone get the .mesh or .mesh.ascii files to start working with him :D

28. Post #28
    April 2010
    266 Posts
    any progress yet, after the pokepark pack first?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,895 Posts
    any progress yet, after the pokepark pack first?
    It'll be a while before I'll be working on Tron Bonne or the Gustaff (because of my clogged backlog of requests and whatnot). By that time, Noesis might have fixed the rigging errors when exporting, and I'll work on them then.

30. Post #30
    October 2010
    1,041 Posts
    I REQUEST NATHAN "RAD" SPENCER PLEASE !

http://ispeakcomics.files.wordpress....sd_jpgcopy.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    November 2010
    1,416 Posts
    You should reduce the image for avoid problems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

32. Post #32
    SZK
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,357 Posts
    Yes, either find a smaller image or somehow manipulate that one with thumbnails please.

Overly large images just piss everyone off, unless they are media tagged, but that seems to no longer work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #33
    October 2010
    1,041 Posts
    big request need big pic
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    SZK
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,357 Posts
    Big pic means someone won't want to do big request, especially because you won't exchange it for another one.

I'm not being mean or anything man, but people are going to be pissed off at the size of the picture.

As cool as Nathan is, that pic is just too big.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    November 2010
    357 Posts
    Dante, Amaterasu and Iron Man, are the ones i like to see, and Amaterasu would be easy to do, since she doesnt have eyes at all, well, it has, but they are black. Iron Man has a lot of weapons and Dante :O, maybe my 2nd i want to see, but the third surely would be Deadpool, hes funny saying somethings
    I think that i hear this when he starts to battle sometimes:
    "I wish to the ghost of christmas for: Kick your ass!" and the things he say when he won a battle, but still, a good character.

Something i think would be hard, is porting Galactus...

36. Post #36
    RTB
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,895 Posts
    Something i think would be hard, is porting Galactus...
    Galactus shouldn't be any easier/harder than porting any of the other characters. Well, except for maybe his size.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    6,323 Posts
    Big pic means someone won't want to do big request
    Like me. Couldn't see anything, so i won't bother.

38. Post #38
    Dennab
    December 2008
    13,542 Posts
    big request need big pic
    All you have to do is say the name of the character

39. Post #39
    December 2010
    106 Posts
    All you have to do is say the name of the character
    DeadPool!!! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    February 2010
    654 Posts
    DeadPool!!! :D
    Screw DeadPool, let's have Amaterasu.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)