1. Post #1
    November 2009
    1,121 Posts
    So, I'm strip mining right, and I come into a cave system. I start to hear weird sounds, it sounds like something glitching, so I go and explore. I look down into this dark section, put a torch and a few blocks off see a mob spawner. Along with skeletons, and this little green thing. Ignoring it, I try and kill the skeletons. Suddenly, this little green thing hovers toward me! I soon identify this thing as a slime. Still not knowing what they did, I hit it. IT MULTIPLIED AND GOT BIG AND I WAS LIKE WTF MAN

I just started running away to think of a plan. One of the slimes followed me and was pushing me around and shit, I just ignored it. I then came up with the plan to pour lava on the slimes and skeletons. I go up to my base and craft two buckets. I go pick up some lava, and make my way down to this bitches.

I get down there and locate the little mother fuckers. There are jumping around and shit and I just wanted to get it done with. I pour both buckets of lava and watch. And wait...and wait. They weren't dying....I thought of the idea to go around them. So I tried, and I opened through on the side of them. Of course they were all on fire and they swarmed the opening. I just walked through and tried hitting them all with my sword, but they were pushing me and I was lost. I just saw a bunch of moving green shit on my screen, a flash of gray, then a flame engulfing my screen. The bitches had pushed me into lava.

Luckily I only lost a set of iron tools. But still, shit pissed me off. Can you guys inform me about slimes a little more?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    July 2009
    1,083 Posts
    Slimes.

Basically they spawn at level 16 and below, in high or low light levels (not sure of the exact parameters on that), which can actually make them quite annoying in deep mines depengding on their design, and usually in big open rooms. You can often find a lot spawned together in deep, large caverns. They can be up to 16x16x16 blocks big, IIRC. They'll split into smaller ones if hit with anything but a sword, again IIRC. At their smallest form, 1x1x1, they'll just push you around and follow you just about anywhere, even up ladders, essentially making them pets if you want. But don't take them mining as they can push you into lava, or just generally be annoying and get in the way. They drop 0-3 slimeballs when killed, regardless of size. Slimeballs are useless, can't be crafted into anything yet, and do no damage when thrown (I think they can be thrown, anyway). So yeah, hope that helped.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,906 Posts
    First slime encounter?

I had built a pathway down to lava level previously and spend 15 minutes calling him to my pen like a dog.
    "Here boy! Here boy! Come here!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,122 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,264 Posts
    in my first slime encounter they pushed me into lava :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    July 2009
    987 Posts
    My first slime killed me,(SMP) so I went back down and collected my stuff (It was killed by my friend that came down to help) and about 15 tiny slimes pushed me a round and I couldn't kill em. So I disconnected and came back(Removes all tiny slimes) and my friend had left with half my stuff, worst of all, it was a tunnel he had dug down so you had to place blocks to get back up. He unfortunately took my pick and had used cobble stone to get back up. I was trapped under ground with 64 iron and pools of lava everywhere, hopping another slime didn't 'pop' out and attack me.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,495 Posts
    My first encounter I was mining deep underground in a series of tunnels I was exploring. I hear what sounded like clocks coming from the other side of a wall. I didn't know slimes made this noise so I was sorta freaking out. I whip out some TNT and blow my way through the wall and stumbled upon a cavern full of slimes. I was just about to run when I noticed a large number of slimeballs in front of the hole I made with TNT. I killed off about half of them with one explosion, shiit.

8. Post #8
    January 2010
    9,580 Posts
    I spotted my first slime far away underground using F3. When I finally was near him, close enough to hear his sounds, he jumped into the lava and died :smith:. Luckily, new slimes spawned.

On another map, a baby slime managed to get into my sleeping room all the way on the surface, without any help of me (since I was pinned down somewhere for the night, it probably wanted to accompany me during the night :unsmith:)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    5,953 Posts
    I found a slime while cavern diving for materials. I had to kill it to get to some diamond nearby, which ended up causing me to fall into lava below it, making me lose all my shit.

I blame the slime. He knew all along.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    Didn't found a single one yet. :smith:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    June 2010
    2,720 Posts
    i recorded mine
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    21,857 Posts
    i recorded mine
    The noise you have when you pick things up is horrible.

13. Post #13
    Dennab
    July 2010
    1,133 Posts
    The noise you have when you pick things up is horrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,192 Posts
    I remember mine. I was exploring a very steep hole, and found small one on the staircase down i made. He followed me through out the cave and was always by my side keeping me company. Then a couple minutes later he fell to his death:smith:, but he dropped one slimeball. I keep that slimeball in my chest to remember my first slime i've ever seen:unsmith:.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)