1. Post #1
    JWJ
    Meepwnd
    Dennab
    April 2010
    3,322 Posts

[release]THINGS WE ALL KNOW AND DON'T WANT YOU TO TALK ABOUT

DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT FUCKING OFFTOPIC POSTS BECAUSE THEN YOU ARE BEING OFFTOPIC YOU FUCKING HYPOCRITE

1. There is drama in this thread; DO NOT FUCKING COMPLAIN ABOUT IT. If you don't like it, you should probably stay away or you will stress yourself. Ignore it or take part on it. :haw:
    2. The Minecraft forums are terrible
    3. FLOATING ISLANDS EXIST NO SHIT SHERLOCK
    4. There is a "Woo, Facepunch!" Splash image.
    5. There are dungeons on the surface. THERE ARE DUNGEONS WE KNOW IT OKAY
    6. Some users can be annoying. There is an ignore list. Use it.
    7. OIFY trolls on the thread? If you don't know how to play along, fucking ignore them. If you do, you should probably ignore them because you wouldn't know how to keep up with it
    [/release]

[release]Minecraft first turned out to be a singleplayer/online game where you built anything your heart desired with a large variety of blocks. This gamemode was and still is called Creative. But since Survival Mode is all the rage, Creative seems to be lost behind all of the commotion, only played by the poor and Irish of the Internet.

What exactly is Survival Mode?
    Survival Mode was the second gamemode Notch (aka Markus Persson, creator of Minecraft) has ever made to Minecraft. This gamemode is all what you can imagine by the title - surviving. With the ability to create any structure with a large variety of interesting craftable and obtainable items, endless hours of gameplay. And with the exciting Multiplayer, it just keeps getting better.

Survival Mode all started out with Survival Test, with Notch just toying with things that would soon become the incredible gamemode we all play today.

Next came /indev/, also known as In Development, was just Survival Test, only, well, I'm not exactly sure why he did this, but he did it for a very good reason I bet.

After that came /infdev/, also known as Infinite Development, but again, like /indev/. I'm still boggled about why he did this.

And finally, after everything was prepared, he released the fantastic game known as Minecraft Alpha (also known as Minecraft Survival), the game we HAD until December 20, when the game was updated to Beta and the price was doubled! Further updates will continue to be free but this means the game will be nearing completion far in the future![/release]

[release]
    Mobs are creatures that roam the generated terrain of every level. They can range from nice pigs to green dicks that blow up your shit.

There are currently 12 mobs in Survival Mode, with 5 of them being passive.

Pigs
    - Pigs are friendly mobs. They may seem cute, but not everyone lives forever. So you'll have to kill such adorable creatures for their delicious bacon that heals 1.5 hearts (cooked bacon heals 4 hearts).

Sheep
    - Sheep are just as adorable as pigs. You are able to magically shear them with your hands by punching them, which results in 1-3 blocks of wool being dropped.

Cows
    - Cows seem friendly and look pretty stupid; But these mobs may drop up to 0-3 leather, which can be crafted into really crappy armor.

Chickens
    - Chickens may look like ducks, but try not to get them confused too much. Chickens drop 0-2 feathers when killed and crap out eggs every 5-10 minutes.

Squids
    - Squids are a new addition to Minecraft that came with a big update. When killed, they drop 1-3 ink sacks which is useful for wool dye.

Zombies
    - Zombies looks like they're ready to hug, right? Well try not to get too close, because these fuckers pack a punch. They drop 0-2 feathers for God knows why when killed. When it turns day, they begin to burn (there must be no blocks above them, even leaves).

Skeletons
    - These assholes like to shoot arrows at you from anywhere when they're close to you. Do NOT get trapped in a pit with Skeletons above you. When killed, they drop 0-2 arrows and/or 0-3 bones. Just like Zombies, they burn as well when it's day.

Spiders
    - Spiders lurk anywhere, and are ready to jump at you whenever. They can be a big pain in the ass, especially when there are more than one. When killed, they drop 0-2 string. But with Spiders, they do not start on fire, most of the time they become friendly, making nice house guests.

Slimes
    - Slimes are currently broken for some odd reason. But they are very adorable mobs, even if they are unfriendly. Slimes can range from small to very large; the smallest slimes don't hurt you, so you can have them follow you and keep them as a pet! When they are killed, they usually drop 0-2 slime balls.

Creepersssss
    - These gigantic faggot dicks are the epiphany of why we all hate this game at times. They can be lurking ANYWHERE - even more concealed than spiders, and jump at you and blow up for no reason. They may seem like they need a hug (like Zombies) but be careful - they will destroy your shit. And what makes it worse is that they do NOT burn in daylight. But they drop 0-3 gunpowder when they are killed normally (not blown up) that can be crafted with sand to create TNT.

Pig Zombies
    - Pig Zombies, or Zombie Pigmen if you prefer, were added in during the Halloween Update. Though they can only be found in the Nether, they are completely friendly (until you disturb them by attacking them).

Ghasts
    - Ghasts were added in during the Halloween Update. These large, white, box-like, annoying fuckers shoot fireballs at you from wherever they are floating, even if you aren't that close. Thank god Notch fixed them from crying so much when on fire, you'd probably quit playing the game when it happened.[/release]

[release]What is the Nether?
    The Nether (underworld, hell, etc.) was added in during the Halloween Update. When you construct a portal (an outline of a box used with obsidian and then lit with flint and steel) it will teleport you to a randomly generated level called the Nether. There are all sorts of interesting things there. But don't let me bore you with words, go try it for yourself![/release]

[release]
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/fpminecraft - Facepunch Minecraft Group
    Minecraft - The site that hosts the game that started it all.
    Notch's Blog - Notch's tumblr (blog) that he posts Minecraft related things and things about he reviewed/his life.
    Notch's Twitter - Like his tumblr, but he posts more actively on his Twitter and about stuff that is going on right at the moment.
    Minecraft's GetSatisfaction - You can submit bugs/suggestions here so Notch can add more things to his to-do list.
    Minecraft's Official Facebook Page - Has some interesting news, whether it's actual news or community news.
    Minepedia - Wiki for Minecraft. Lots of useful information, don't be asking questions without consulting it first.
    Crafting Recipes (Minepedia) - Crafting recipes for Minecraft. Very Useful![/release]

[release]1.3: Beds! New bleeding Obsidian! Official Betterlight! Redstone Repeater blocks! Mouse smoothing! A whole bunch of stuff! You can read the full changelog as well as any previous changelogs here:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Changelog
    [/release]

[release]
    "Internal exception: java.net.socketException: Softwarre caused connection abort: recv failed"
    Server has crashed

"End of stream"
    Minecraft.net is Down

"Timed out"
    Server has crashed / latency too high

"Connection timed out: Connect"
    You're either not connected to the internet, or the server is too laggy

"Server returned HTTP response code 503"
    Problem when MC.net is down[/release]

(PM me if you want your server banner added/made!)
    [release]
    Venn177's awesome survival server!

minecraft.venndication.co.cc
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1062717

Waffle House SMP Server

IP: 68.104.93.209

Minecraft - Concrete Carnage Server
    IP: 173.236.117.156:25565

Guests - PM if you wanna be added.

Hidden Minecraft Ranch

TheHANGOVER's Mainland

HANGOVER's SMP: s1.drunkenminers.com
    HANGOVER's Nether: s2.drunkenminers.com

NEW VentleGille

Profan's Humble Abode

Server IP: 213.114.118.75:25565
    FP Thread

Server IP: 75.187.122.141

Email support@van-craft.com for build rights

Mr_FJ's Minecraft Universe

IP is on the website: mrfj.webs.com please visit the website and read the rules before entering the server

ip: 69.160.84.87 OR fcserve.ath.cx

IP: 109.123.117.214:25565

DeMoggen's server help us build stuff
    IP: 173.236.117.152:25565

Visit this thread for whitelist and more info.

[/release]

Thread Archive
    [release]V60: It's like FortressCraft for PCs![/release]

Thread images by Wootman :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 22Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Lethaldrive
    July 2007
    4,657 Posts
    Nice to see a good op with awesome pictures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

3. Post #3
    JWJ
    Meepwnd
    Dennab
    April 2010
    3,322 Posts
    by Wootman.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    March 2011
    277 Posts
    Uh... you're a bit early.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

5. Post #5
    I LIKE BIG DUCKS AND I CANNOT LIE, YOU OTHER QUACKS CAN'T DENY
    December 2008
    13,381 Posts
    Best Op
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

6. Post #6
    JWJ
    Meepwnd
    Dennab
    April 2010
    3,322 Posts
    Uh... you're a bit early.
    only because atokniro had to be gay and post early too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

7. Post #7
    March 2011
    42 Posts
    Best artwork, you should work for Poopjang.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    but there's an overload of dick and it ruins the experience
    November 2010
    3,847 Posts
    Mine was first this one will be locked
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

9. Post #9
    March 2011
    277 Posts
    only because atokniro had to be gay and post early too
    This thread is vastly superior. Sorry, Atokniro. :D

Edited:

Mine was first this one will be locked
    You were early though. So was this one though, no idea how this will turn out.

10. Post #10
    November 2010
    1,642 Posts
    I support this one. Atokniro's thread has broken pictures. And Atokniro is a douche.

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming." - Seiteki))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    but there's an overload of dick and it ruins the experience
    November 2010
    3,847 Posts
    I support this one. Atokniro's thread has broken pictures. And Atokniro is a douche.
    ad hominem and flaming
    thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    March 2011
    277 Posts
    You seem to hate everybody.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    November 2010
    1,642 Posts
    ad hominem and flaming
    thanks
    you don't offer server hosting

therefore, you will never be as cool as JWJ
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    March 2011
    42 Posts
    ad hominem and flaming
    thanks
    Yeah, just ignore them man.

15. Post #15
    November 2010
    1,642 Posts
    You seem to hate everybody.
    everyone but JWJ to be honest
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

16. Post #16
    Apple extraordinaire~ ♥
    November 2005
    16,427 Posts
    TNT eh?
    Lame.

Edited:

You hate me. :ohdear:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    March 2011
    42 Posts
    TNT eh?
    Lame.

Source for your avatar?

Edited:

Man, you're so edgy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    December 2008
    13,381 Posts
    fu
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    March 2011
    42 Posts
    Your avatar is seriously distracting man. That bell on her neck also rubs me in a way I didn't know I could be rubbed in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    November 2010
    1,642 Posts
    Slimes :love:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    March 2011
    42 Posts
    (With my dick.)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,192 Posts
    snip

23. Post #23
    March 2011
    42 Posts
    Automerge broken. :arg:

24. Post #24
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    17,998 Posts
    Entry 3.

I've traveled nearly a week, setting camp when the sun falls and continuing my journey to the West. So far I've only seen a few interesting things, a huge ocean and a gravel pit. I fear I may never reach the end of the world and my supplies are running low, the coal in my hot air balloon has been expended and I fear I have not enough wood to bring my airship home safely if I were to return to the outpost.

As of now I've set down on the coast of the huge ocean for which I've decided to name 'Aqua' for the time being as anything more creative escapes my starving mind.

- Dr Monkey

25. Post #25
    March 2011
    42 Posts
    Double automerge broke. :arrg:

26. Post #26
    November 2010
    1,642 Posts
    you are p cool to

27. Post #27
    March 2011
    42 Posts
    Stop it.

28. Post #28
    Obligatory because of title
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Argentina Show Events Winner Winner x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    March 2011
    42 Posts
    Stop breaking my automerge.

30. Post #30
    November 2010
    1,642 Posts

31. Post #31
    March 2011
    42 Posts
    STOP IT.

/c

Edited:

Forget it.

Edited:

Wow seriously.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,192 Posts
    Oh shit not what i meant, got damn snipping tool!

33. Post #33
    November 2010
    1,642 Posts
    Obligatory because of title
    Should be in OP. Anyone know where I can this video with just the song, no annoying commentary at the end?

34. Post #34
    August 2010
    1,245 Posts
    I need some ideas, I have run out of cool things to build.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

35. Post #35
    November 2010
    1,642 Posts
    bv
    Above ground train stations using smoothstone.

36. Post #36
    December 2008
    13,381 Posts
    Use this for the group picture
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member

August 2008
    2,912 Posts
    Should be in OP. Anyone know where I can this video with just the song, no annoying commentary at the end?
    Download link has the song without the video or commentary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Ireland Show Events

38. Post #38
    March 2011
    277 Posts
    Mod all paintings to be pictures of penises, make a penis museum shaped to look like a penis, hang the penis paintings up everywhere on the inside.

39. Post #39
    Just like pause it bro
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Argentina Show Events

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,192 Posts
    This is what i meant
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)