1. Post #1
    December 2005
    1,558 Posts
    I'll list off the things that are probably needed, well, I am 16 years old, I'm 5'10 in height, I weigh 137 pounds. I have never worked out before, so I pretty much lift dumbbells horribly - about 20 pounds. I have a pull-up bar which is able to attach to my door, so I use that often now.

I'll go from that, but my question is, how can I increase body mass, build my body muscles, and keep fit?

I'll start from that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,600 Posts
    Well man, sign yourself up at a gym firstly, trust me its better than working out at home even if you have the equipment at home its still better to work out at a gym, secondly you gonna want to start eating more, eat high protein calorie dense food, as long as its healthy food not junkfood, do some research your going to want to look up people who are the same as you and what they did to get big, you can find out alot of neat tricks this way, you will also want to concerntrate on compound movements, things like squats, deadlifts, benchpress etc, they are all mass gaining movements, but most of all ask alot of questions, your going to need to learn a fair bit about building muscle if you want to be successful.

I hope this basic rundown helps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    May 2010
    3,141 Posts
    I'll list off the things that are probably needed, well, I am 16 years old, I'm 5'10 in height, I weigh 137 pounds. I have never worked out before, so I pretty much lift dumbbells horribly - about 20 pounds. I have a pull-up bar which is able to attach to my door, so I use that often now.

I'll go from that, but my question is, how can I increase body mass, build my body muscles, and keep fit?

I'll start from that.
    check out the OP of the weightlifting thread

srs

if you have any questions after that, post in there and we`ll help out

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,052 Posts
    Eat shitloads, eat shitloads of protein and lift heavy shit all the time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 6Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    May 2010
    3,141 Posts
    Eat shitloads, eat shitloads of protein and lift heavy shit all the time.
    also sleep at least 8 hours per day :c00l: ~~~~

6. Post #6
    February 2008
    1,225 Posts
    And start fucking running or something. Cardio is the shit.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    12,052 Posts
    You don't want to do cardio to build mass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #8
    BELIEBER
    Dennab
    September 2008
    2,546 Posts
    Yeah, what sp00ks said. Doing Cardio when trying to get bigger isn't really a smart thing to do. You want to gain weight, not lose it.

9. Post #9
    May 2010
    3,141 Posts
    Yeah, what sp00ks said. Doing Cardio when trying to get bigger isn't really a smart thing to do. You want to gain weight, not lose it.
    although if you are planning on gaining A LOT of weight, cardio once a week or so is good to help your body adjust to the weight gain, just for the cardiovascular benefits
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    BELIEBER
    Dennab
    September 2008
    2,546 Posts
    True dat. Just don't run a marathon.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,533 Posts
    running after every exercise gets some of that lactic acid build up out of the muscles

aka the next day you don't feel so damn sore and you can lift more, therefore gaining a lot more muscle over time then those who don't

12. Post #12
    February 2008
    1,225 Posts
    You don't want to do cardio to build mass.
    While you are correct, it's good to do cardio to get your heart going and it keeps your body at a better level making other exercise more beneficial. I should have been more specific, cardio in conjunction with lifting, etc. makes for better fitness (not just cardio alone).

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,409 Posts
    I am scrawnier.

14. Post #14

March 2011
    395 Posts
    I am scrawnier.
    qq about it somewhere else and eat ("i am eating alot !!1" - ScoutKing)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,409 Posts
    qq about it somewhere else and eat ("i am eating alot !!1" - ScoutKing)
    I love how your first few posts are going thread to thread trying to insult me.
    Damn, you must be bored.

16. Post #16

March 2011
    395 Posts
    I love how your first few posts are going thread to thread trying to insult me.
    Damn, you must be bored.
    first replies lmao can you not read the v3, and why do you think i come here lol ( because im bored)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    2,289 Posts
    first replies lmao can you not read the v3, and why do you think i come here lol ( because im bored)
    Get outta 'ere.

Edited:

I'm pretty much the same as you OP, I got a set of dumb bells, a pull up bar that I use sometimes. I don't know about you, but I play drums, and that can help to increase muscle in your upper arms, and forearm, or whatever it's damn called.

18. Post #18

March 2011
    395 Posts
    Get outta 'ere.

Edited:

I'm pretty much the same as you OP, I got a set of dumb bells, a pull up bar that I use sometimes. I don't know about you, but I play drums, and that can help to increase muscle in your upper arms, and forearm, or whatever it's damn called.
    wow rude, also the kind of things drumming has you doing wont build much muscle that you can notice

Edited:

especially not if your diets not in check which judging by your situation its not