1. Post #1
    caw caw motherfuckers
    July 2007
    7,908 Posts
    This is the Minecraft Support thread. This includes Technical Support, as well as support with the game itself.

This is NOT a chat thread. Post here ONLY if you have a problem, or if you would like to assist someone. If you post off-topic, you WILL be banned. You've been warned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic x 6Dumb x 2Funny x 2Friendly x 1Winner x 1Informative x 1Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    September 2009
    1,330 Posts
    What's the easiest fix for "Can't connect to minecraft.net" with the new launcher? I know reverting to the old one helps, but I want to keep the new one. Do I have to wait for an official fix?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    June 2009
    56 Posts
    im playiung MC in the free multiplayer browser version, i want to set up a server via hamachi for me and friends.

I used Hamachi for my server. Me and my friend from Holland are playing now without lag. (I'm UK.)

I picked out the parts of the tutorial necessary for Hamachi setting up, hope it helps!
    Not my tutorial. This is Vicious88's from infohub.me

First and foremost, download the Windows Server Software from either the link given here, or directly from minecraft.net (which, as work continues on Minecraft, you'll find that the link given in this tutorial may become out of date, or stop working entirely). Anyway, you'll download a file called "Minecraft_Server.exe" -- save it somewhere you can find it again later.

Next, we're going to want to decide how people are going to connect to your Server. Of course their going to connect through an IP address -- but do you want your server to use your Public IP (the one given to you by your Internet provider) or do you want to restrict access to your server to those in your Hamachi network?

If you don't understand what these two things are, read the rest of this paragraph, otherwise, skip ahead to the connection method which works best for you (Public IP or Hamachi IP). Basically: Your Public IP address will allow people from all of the world to connect to your server without having to use any specialized software (such as hamachi), so long as they know what your IP address is. A Hamachi IP will require the people on your server to download and install Hamachi, join your Hamachi Network, and then connect to your Minecraft server using your specialized Hamachi IP. The main benefit of a Hamachi IP address is that it's easier to set up servers with Hamachi than using your Public IP.

Hamachi IP [Easiest Connection Method]

First and foremost, download the latest "unmanaged" version of Hamachi from this page here. Once it's downloaded, install and run it. On your first run through with Hamachi it will give you a tutorial - during which you will create a Hamachi Network and assign it a password. Be sure to note this information, and give it (along with a link to Hamachi) to all people who are interested in playing on your server. That's pretty much all there is to setting up your Hamachi IP -- feel free to skip ahead to "Configuring the Server".

Configuring the Server:

Yay! Almost done! Next what you're going to want to do is actually run that Minecraft_Sever.exe you downloaded at the beginning of this tutorial and let it create a handful of files in it's directory. It will then either crash, or continue running (if it continues running, exit it).

Find the newly created file "server.properties" and open it using notepad or any other basic text editor. Be sure to adjust the server name and whether or not you want monsters. If you've decided to allow people to connect using your Public IP, and you've forwarded port 50500 to your computer, than find the "port" field and change it to use port 50500 instead of the default (25565). Save (Ctrl + S) and exit notepad.

Now relaunch the server and give it a moment to load up a new world (as changing the "level-name" field in your server.properties file will have caused it to generate a new map. Once it's loaded, players are now free to connect to your server.

If you're hosting with your public IP, for instance "88.149.200.41", your players would want to connect their minecraft clients to "88.149.200.41:50500". If, however, they're connecting through Hamachi (because you didn't forward your ports), then have them connect to "[WhateverYourHamachiIPis]:25565" (Don't type the quotes OR the brackets!).

No port forwarding needed! :unsmith:

im following this tutorial. but how do i connect to the server? or even change the name of it? there's a "world name" thing in the properties file, but no server name

4. Post #4
    I'm a Cthulhu!
    January 2011
    5,287 Posts
    What's the easiest fix for "Can't connect to minecraft.net" with the new launcher? I know reverting to the old one helps, but I want to keep the new one. Do I have to wait for an official fix?
    There is no fix that i know, so if you want to keep it you'll probably need to wait.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,055 Posts
    Is it true that on Ubuntu all the ports appear closed by an external port checker?
    Because I've made a server running MineOS on a RAMDISK on top of ubuntu but no one can connect to it (I have forwarded the port AND added iptables rules to ACCEPT ALL)

Edited:

There is no fix that i know, so if you want to keep it you'll probably need to wait.
    All I do it keep clicking login until it logs me in (takes 4-5 tries)

Edited:

ok guys how do I fix this :

6. Post #6
    December 2009
    11,868 Posts
    Whenever I launch Minecraft with the old launcher, an error pops up saying "Javaw.exe has stopped responding", but so long as I don't press one of the two options "Send/don't send" it continues to function. I mean, since it still works it's not a big deal but it's kinda annoying.

7. Post #7
    June 2009
    56 Posts
    im playiung MC in the free multiplayer browser version, i want to set up a server via hamachi for me and friends.

im following this tutorial. but how do i connect to the server? or even change the name of it? there's a "world name" thing in the properties file, but no server name
    need some quick help on this. i go to work in a few hours and would like to play with a few friends

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,561 Posts
    I'm trying to get my own server running and I forwarded my ports and the internet says that they are open, and people can connect but then they timeout after logging in for to long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    December 2009
    3,353 Posts
    I'm trying to get my own server running and I forwarded my ports and the internet says that they are open, and people can connect but then they timeout after logging in for to long.
    Me too, starting to think it's a common issue.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,561 Posts
    Me too, starting to think it's a common issue.
    I heard it was something to do with a certain driver that I have.

11. Post #11
    September 2005
    12,315 Posts
    Whenever I launch Minecraft with the old launcher, an error pops up saying "Javaw.exe has stopped responding", but so long as I don't press one of the two options "Send/don't send" it continues to function. I mean, since it still works it's not a big deal but it's kinda annoying.
    I'd try reinstalling Java.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,055 Posts
    Is it true that on Ubuntu all the ports appear closed by an external port checker?
    Because I've made a server running MineOS on a RAMDISK on top of ubuntu but no one can connect to it (I have forwarded the port AND added iptables rules to ACCEPT ALL)

Edited:

All I do it keep clicking login until it logs me in (takes 4-5 tries)

Edited:

ok guys how do I fix this :

guys please I would really like to get my Anarchy server going.

EDIT: I can now connect though the internal ip, but not the public one :frogdowns:

13. Post #13

Every fucking time i try to join a server. Already reinstalled minecraft.

14. Post #14
    April 2010
    2,453 Posts

Every fucking time i try to join a server. Already reinstalled minecraft.
    It's a problem with a (the?) server. How many have you tried to join?

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,022 Posts
    My guy is stuck. I was walking back to my base, and suddenly I got stuck. I tried destroying the blocks under my feet, but that did nothing. I tried to fire arrows straight up in hopes of them hitting me and killing me, but they got stuck too.
    Now I'm just sitting here with a bunch of arrows in my head, and stuck.
    There are some pigs in the distance too, that seem to have the same problem, and we're all facing West.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Spirit Guide
    March 2009
    17,181 Posts
    I'm not sure exactly how common this error is, but my client frequently crashes, and when it does all changes made to the world since the last save are erased. Erected buildings disappear, dug mines fill in again, etc, etc. As you can imagine, this is pretty frustrating. Several times my game has crashed while I was tunneling a mine, and when I reload the client my character becomes trapped in the remade solid rock and suffocates, losing all my hard-won equipment and ore.

As a temporary solution, I've been pausing the game every few minutes to allow it to save, but this doesn't really fix the root of the issue, it only helps to lessen its consequences. There is no error message or alert when the client crashes, it simply shuts down without warning. Java is up-to-date, as are my video drivers, so I have no idea what's causing the crashes.

If anybody's experienced similar issues and has found a fix or workaround I'd really appreciate hearing about it.

My guy is stuck. I was walking back to my base, and suddenly I got stuck. I tried destroying the blocks under my feet, but that did nothing. I tried to fire arrows straight up in hopes of them hitting me and killing me, but they got stuck too.
    Now I'm just sitting here with a bunch of arrows in my head, and stuck.
    There are some pigs in the distance too, that seem to have the same problem, and we're all facing West.
    The pigs stare West, in anticipation of the coming dawn.
    'Oink' says their Shaman.

Using an inventory or map editor to change your spawn point or move yourself might allow you to become unstuck, but if the NPCs are also affected by the issue then it may not be so simple.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,022 Posts
    I blew myself up with TNT and killed myself, and that worked to unstuck me, but when I went back to get my stuff, it did it again. I guess I'll have to avoid that whole area.

18. Post #18
    June 2008
    886 Posts
    If you guys are still having problems with the new launcher, I'll be glad to upload the old one when I get back. The new one is evil.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,606 Posts
    I don't know if I'll have it with the new launcher but for ages I had this problem where the screen went black, then it was un-responsive (this is mid game)
    then when I came back, anything I'd done since the last save was gone.
    Say I dug out an area, put a chest in it, with diamonds in. Then have the blackscreen, A) I would be stuck in the area I dug out, as it would no longer be dug-out and B) anything I put in the chest would be gone + any items I crafted/dropped/built/etc..

I haven't had it since 1.3 but I've only played three times so it might happen again.
    Is there anyway to stop it or has it been fixed?

20. Post #20
    Spirit Guide
    March 2009
    17,181 Posts
    If you guys are still having problems with the new launcher, I'll be glad to upload the old one when I get back. The new one is evil.
    Wait, there's a new launcher? Do you think this could this be why I'm crashing so damn often? Maybe some sort of compatibility issue?

21. Post #21
    FAT CAT ACCOUNTANT
    September 2010
    4,775 Posts
    I blew myself up with TNT and killed myself, and that worked to unstuck me, but when I went back to get my stuff, it did it again. I guess I'll have to avoid that whole area.
    Just avoid the single block, not the whole area. And if you're too worried about collecting your items just use INVedit to get them back if you get stuck again and blow yourself up.

Edited:

Wait, there's a new launcher? Could this be why I'm crashing so damn much, you think? Maybe some sort of compatibility issue?
    The new launcher also crashes a lot. Reinstall the bin folder, minecraft.exe, as well as java to fix your crashes and tell me if any of those fix that.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,055 Posts
    Is it possible for there to be any problem with this setup? ANY? (to do with connection timed out and people not being able to connect)

23. Post #23
    FAT CAT ACCOUNTANT
    September 2010
    4,775 Posts
    I don't know if I'll have it with the new launcher but for ages I had this problem where the screen went black, then it was un-responsive (this is mid game)
    then when I came back, anything I'd done since the last save was gone.
    Say I dug out an area, put a chest in it, with diamonds in. Then have the blackscreen, A) I would be stuck in the area I dug out, as it would no longer be dug-out and B) anything I put in the chest would be gone + any items I crafted/dropped/built/etc..

I haven't had it since 1.3 but I've only played three times so it might happen again.
    Is there anyway to stop it or has it been fixed?
    Test and see if it still happens, I would suggest just staying inside your house, pressing i to open your inventory so the game is still playing, and just alt tab and check back every 10 minutes or so.

24. Post #24
    August 2009
    2,760 Posts
    90% of problems (black screen and general corrupted shit) here can be fixed by deleting your bin folder and reinstalling it.
    I have a problem when I try to forward ports, I'm using a Netopia 2247NWG router and i want to use both TCP and UDP protocols but it will only let me use one or the other. How do I use both of them at the same time.
    Also I know its possible to have both
    Code:

Service Name	 XBox Live Games
    Protocol	 TCP/UDP
    Global Port Range	 3074 - 3074
    Protocol	 UDP
    Global Port Range	 88 - 88

25. Post #25
    June 2008
    886 Posts
    Is it possible for there to be any problem with this setup? ANY? (to do with connection timed out and people not being able to connect)

Probably not but 192.168.x.x isn't the real IP.

90% of problems (black screen and general corrupted shit) here can be fixed by deleting your bin folder and reinstalling it.
    I have a problem when I try to forward ports, I'm using a Netopia 2247NWG router and i want to use both TCP and UDP protocols but it will only let me use one or the other. How do I use both of them at the same time.
    Code:

Protocol	 TCP/UDP
    Protocol	 UDP
    Just make two. It looks like it's using TCP and UDP from that information. That's how my netgear works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    This title has been removed due to a copyright claim from Viacom Inc.
    July 2008
    3,487 Posts
    Does the craft bukkit server have all the functionality of the official 1.3 server? (Ex. redstone, minecarts)

And is there any way to get the minecraft server GUI working with bukkit?

27. Post #27
    August 2009
    2,760 Posts
    Code:

Protocol	 TCP/UDP
    Protocol	 UDP
    Tried it but this said the port wasn't open.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,055 Posts
    Probably not but 192.168.x.x isn't the real IP.

Just make two. It looks like it's using TCP and UDP from that information. That's how my netgear works.

wait,so I have to portforward to my 86.xx.xx.184 ip?

29. Post #29
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,160 Posts

I get this every time I play. I've tried everything. I've deleted all my minecraft folders, reinstalled java. I've tried it in browser, the old launcher, the leaked launcher, the posted launcher, and the newest launcher.
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...?f=17&t=190167

Note: I have deleted my entire .minecraft folder (backed up saves of course) dont be the 100th person on FP to tell me to delete my bin, when clearly thats not the problem

30. Post #30
    November 2010
    1,642 Posts
    I cannot connect to any servers. My own, Profans, and a handful of other assorted ones. It blows. Anyone know a fix?

31. Post #31
    June 2008
    886 Posts
    wait,so I have to portforward to my 86.xx.xx.184 ip?
    That's probably it.
    192.168.x.x is never the right IP address. That's your local IP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,055 Posts
    That's probably it.
    192.168.x.x is never the right IP address. That's your local IP.
    It wont let me, it says "IP invalid, must be on the same subnet as the router"

Also, now I get Connection refused when I try to connect

33. Post #33
    June 2008
    886 Posts
    It wont let me, it says "IP invalid, must be on the same subnet as the router"

Also, now I get Connection refused when I try to connect
    type "ipconfig" in your command prompt and use the IP address under "IP address"

34. Post #34
    Zyx
    Guest 3855 is lost and can't find the park exit
    February 2005
    2,832 Posts
    Anyone know why snow landscape doesn't work with me?
    If I get near any sort of snow Minecraft suddenly freezes so I have to use TasgManager to close it.

35. Post #35
    If I get near any sort of snow Minecraft suddenly freezes
    Try heating up your computer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 9Zing Zing x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    FAT CAT ACCOUNTANT
    September 2010
    4,775 Posts
    Anyone know why snow landscape doesn't work with me?
    If I get near any sort of snow Minecraft suddenly freezes so I have to use TasgManager to close it.
    You might have accidently deleted your snow .class file. Try reinstalling the bin.

@MedicWine - Reinstall Java

37. Post #37
    August 2010
    265 Posts
    Im Trying to purchase Minecraft from my Visa card, but whenever i try to purchase it, it doesnt go through.
    It says Authentication denied.
    What do i do to fix this, It might be a bank error. Because my bank called saying that its a Fraudulent website. What do i do

38. Post #38
    FAT CAT ACCOUNTANT
    September 2010
    4,775 Posts
    Use paypal

39. Post #39
    August 2010
    265 Posts
    I did, my Paypal is linked to my credit card/Bank account.

40. Post #40
    FAT CAT ACCOUNTANT
    September 2010
    4,775 Posts
    Have a friend buy it for you and then wire him the equal amount of money through paypal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)