1. Post #1
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,317 Posts
    Yea post pictures of your food (not yourself!) and receive c&c, tips etc.

how to:
    make food
    take picture
    upload
    post it here

here's some roast beef I made on new year's eve:

my first attempt making a pizza (with bbq tomato sauce), last week:
    the dip is just some chili-crme fraiche that I put on. had to cut those ugly and dry edges away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Winner Winner x 14Useful Useful x 2Artistic Artistic x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 40Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,034 Posts
    Roast beef looks fantastic, as does the pizza. I like when pizzas are kinda sloppy looking (no offense intended!) it means theres lots of cheese which is always a bonus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 24Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Ex-Least Respected Usergroup
    June 2007
    7,037 Posts
    Mine posts would mainly consist of Weetabix so.

But heres some pancakes I made at like 11 last night for the pancake thread.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,204 Posts
    Un gelato pizza pepperoni Grandiosa cotta in un forno per circa tredici minuti.
    Servito con una lattina della bevanda pi deliziosa: Dr Pepper.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Winner x 65Funny x 10Agree x 3Artistic x 2Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Chief of facepunch medical staff
    December 2006
    18,440 Posts
    i like spinach! baby spinach mostly, milder than it's older relative. i like it with pasta. it's extra good with creamy sauces but i'm trying to cut them out of my diet a bit, so nowadays i have it with a pesto/garlic butter deal. i love how you start out with so much of it and end up with so little.

this was just with green pesto, garlic and crushed cashews. and brown pasta, yum!

tried to make some crispy seaweed! turns out i underestimated the amount of leaves i'd need (pak choi), but i'd say for a first attempt it came out pretty damned tasty! just quickly fried in groundnut oil, then put onto some kitchen foil to drain quickly, then tossed around with some sugar and salted cashews. oh, and some duck meat i had in the freezer too! yum.

and i made these cat biscuits quite a while ago, they kept breaking though :c

and this is toad in the hole

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly x 23Funny x 7Winner x 4Artistic x 3Dumb x 2Disagree x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,060 Posts

Lasagne I made from scratch a few months ago. Making the lasagne sheets took ages...

Don't have pictures of much of the food I make, will have to start taking some...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 9Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,317 Posts
    snip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    December 2006
    18,440 Posts
    batter :(

one of the great British homefoods! :(

Edited:

i pretty much just have spinach with pasta dishes, just add it right at the end when you're about to take it off the heat and it'll soon shrink down.

don't try to cook it, or it'll be gross.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,060 Posts
    Imagine a yorkshire pudding but cooked with sausages inside it. Far better than you can imagine.

They are amazing when you wrap the sausages with bacon before you put them in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #11
    August 2010
    2,632 Posts

Lovely
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,118 Posts

That's a nice looking pizza, I like to see that italian food is appreciated.
    Also, do you guys make your own pizza base or buy one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Italy Show Events Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    October 2010
    1,696 Posts
    Mmphhf. We need a delicious rating. Some of this stuff looks amazing. 'Specially the spinach with pasta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,034 Posts
    Man, I wish I wasn't at college at the moment. So much I want to cook yet so little that you can really do with a microwave...

That's a nice looking pizza, I like to see that italian food is appreciated.
    Also, do you guys make your own pizza base or buy one?
    If I have the time and patience, I make my own. Usually ends up being more to my liking, though it does add some time to the overall cooktime.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

15. Post #15
    May 2010
    3,734 Posts

You bought that from a store :frown:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 36Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,671 Posts
    As seen in the Omelettes Thread...
    http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/9607/eggfail.jpg:crying:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 21Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,907 Posts
    As seen in the Omelettes Thread...
    http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/9607/eggfail.jpg:crying:
    it looks like a mutilated bird if its feathers were still on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

18. Post #18
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,317 Posts
    batter :(

one of the great British homefoods! :(

Edited:

i pretty much just have spinach with pasta dishes, just add it right at the end when you're about to take it off the heat and it'll soon shrink down.

don't try to cook it, or it'll be gross.
    doesn't look that inviting to be honest :). i'm no huge fan of sausages in general
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,060 Posts
    It is much nicer than it looks, ever had Yorkshire Puddings?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 14Agree Agree x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,317 Posts
    Nope.

Edited:

i bet it tastes good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,060 Posts
    You guys in *insert country* are missing out! Best thing to go with roast beef...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #22
    Facepunch iSeries!
    November 2007
    4,363 Posts
    My favourite pizza:

Chili+rice and enchiladas with chicken and stuff with more chili on top.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

23. Post #23
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,317 Posts
    sweden.
    here, have some swedish culture

palt:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Funny Funny x 3Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,060 Posts
    Think I have had those before but they were called something different. They are quite nice, have more British culture:

Faggots in gravy, fucking tasty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 19Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,204 Posts
    You bought that from a store :frown:
    Bingo.
    The Italian description was a mere attempt to cover up the fact that it's nothing more than a cheap frozen pizza.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #26
    ☂☂☂☂ ☂☂☂ ☂☂ _☂_
    January 2005
    22,317 Posts
    I could tell the moment you posted it actually

Edited:

today is hamborger day

Edited:

onion rings is a gift from god
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 36Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    5,558 Posts
    I could tell the moment you posted it actually

Edited:

today is hamborger day

Edited:

onion rings is a gift from god
    I'd pay for that right now, hungry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 24Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,060 Posts
    Just started cooking my dinner, so far I have got some chicken thighs and stuffed some brie under the skin with a few spices on top.

Not sure what I am having with it, probably some sort of pasta or rice dish.

29. Post #29
    December 2006
    18,440 Posts
    i just made a little bowl of spaghetti aglio e olio, which is an incredibly simple dish. (i also added prawns and petis pois, but that's just for me)

1. Cook spaghetti in lightly salted water until cooked
    2. Whilst spaghetti is cooking crush/chop/mince garlic - how and how much is dependant on you (I like 2 cloves crushed, quite a strong garlic fan)
    3. Lightly cook the garlic in about 2 tablespoons of olive oil over a fairly low/medium heat (you do not want to burn the garlic, it ruins everything)
    4. Add the cooked spaghetti to the pan with the garlic and oil, add some chilli flakes (again, depends on your taste - I used just under a teaspoon), some milled black pepper and voila! Spaghetti aglio e olio!

Some parmesan could also be added!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 7Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    January 2009
    1,853 Posts
    +1 on that Aglio e Olio, what about Cabonara? Isn't it just fried cured meat (bacon, pancetta etc), finished with slightly undercooked pasta, and stirred through with black pepper and an egg/cheese mixture?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

31. Post #31
    December 2006
    18,440 Posts
    basically, yeah :P but aglio e olio is just olive oil and garlic, so it's much easier

also I find a proper carbonara can be hard to achieve without ending up with an overly eggy taste. my variation is to replace the egg/cheese mixture with creme fraiche and maybe a bit of cream. not that healthy for you, but very tasty and filling! adding mushrooms is also good!

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,060 Posts

Chicken thigh stuffed with a blue brie coated with a few spices like paprika and cajun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,408 Posts

Cellphone camera. Best omelette I've made ever.

Fillings contain cherry tomatoes, chives, sweet pepper, ham, salami, mustard and lotsa pepper
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 5Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Connoisseur of Maple Syrup, Guns, and Sex Toys
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    Top right and bottom middle cats have beards. Pretty sure the bottom middle is a wizard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Definitely high.
    August 2005
    1,002 Posts

Made everything for this, including dough and tomato pure. It was actually the tastiest pizza I have ever eaten.

I mixed pesto and jalapeos, that is what really makes it so stupidly tasty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 8Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    Anyway some of my stuff.

Lasagne I made a month or two back. Might not look like much from the top but it was delicious. Had sweet italian sausage and ground beef in it.

Baked spaghetti. Nothing special.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Beverage Bandit
    November 2005
    19,204 Posts

Made everything for this, including dough and tomato pure. It was actually the tastiest pizza I have ever eaten.

I mixed pesto and jalapeos, that is what really makes it so stupidly tasty.
    why did you put cheese on top of the pepperoni?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events

38. Post #38
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    25,468 Posts
    The next time I make Spaghetti Carbonara (best fucking food on the planet) I'll take some pictures, it's my favourite food for a reason. Imagine spaghetti, moistened with a sauce made out of eggs and lemon, with pieces of bacon and parsley everywhere in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    Dennab
    August 2008
    5,053 Posts
    Call me old fashioned but I prefer red sauce
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    Definitely high.
    August 2005
    1,002 Posts
    why did you put cheese on top of the pepperoni?
    Because after adding cheese I just put more on top, didn't really think to move it off the pepperoni. I was too into shoving it into my face after to care.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)