Facepunch is full of foul bachelors.
And nothing is more terrifying than realising you're going to have to cook for yourself one day.
Well worry no more!
I have a few recipes that can keep you alive with minimal effort. I call it Foul Bachelor Food!
Beans On Toast
This simple yet effective recipe is perfect for bachelors who are just starting out. The preparation really couldn't be easier. All you need is a can of baked beans (use Branston brand for best results and sauciness), 2 slices of bread, a tub of butter, and a toaster and microwave to cook it in.
1) Put the beans in a microwaveable jug (non-metal), then put a plate over the top and put it in the microwave for 2 minutes.
2) Put the bread in the toaster, set to your desired brown-ness (I personally go for golden brown).
3) When the microwave beeps, remove the jug, give it a stir and put it back in for 1 minute.
4) The toaster should go in this time. Take the slices out of the toaster and butter them. For best toast/bean distribution, cut one of the slices in half diagonally and arrange it on the plate like a face with two bread ears.
5) After the microwave beeps again, give it a minute to cool down a bit (because that shit will be hot) then here's the easy bit: Pour those beans all over that god-damn bread.
6) You should end up with a meal fit for a king (or at least a bachelor prince):
(Pictured: adorned with your favourite sauce)
7) Feeling adventurous? Why not try these alternate serving suggestions:
- Grate some strong cheese and sprinkle it on your beans for some gooey loveliness.
- Spread ketchup on the bread instead of butter for a zingy sensation
- Try alternatives to bread. A particular favourite of mine is crumpets (butter liberally applied of course).
So that's beans on toast, be sure to keep an eye on this thread for more Foul Bachelor Food, and if you have any Foul Bachelor Meals of your own, feel free to share them!