1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    14,798 Posts

WE ALREADY KNOW

[release]THINGS WE ALL KNOW AND DON'T WANT YOU TO TALK ABOUT

DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT FUCKING OFFTOPIC POSTS BECAUSE THEN YOU ARE BEING OFFTOPIC YOU FUCKING HYPOCRITE

1. There is drama in this thread; DO NOT FUCKING COMPLAIN ABOUT IT. If you don't like it, you should probably stay away or you will stress yourself. Ignore it or take part on it. :haw:
    2. The Minecraft forums are terrible
    3. FLOATING ISLANDS EXIST NO SHIT SHERLOCK
    4. There is a "Woo, Facepunch!" Splash image.
    5. There are dungeons on the surface. THERE ARE DUNGEONS WE KNOW IT OKAY
    6. Some users can be annoying. There is an ignore list. Use it.
    7. OIFY trolls on the thread? If you don't know how to play along, fucking ignore them. If you do, you should probably ignore them because you wouldn't know how to keep up with it
    [/release]

:buddy:

If you are new to Minecraft, or somehow managed to run into this thread, here's a little explanation of it:
    [release]Minecraft first turned out to be a singleplayer/online game where you built anything your heart desired with a large variety of blocks. This gamemode was and still is called Creative. But since Survival Mode is all the rage, Creative seems to be lost behind all of the commotion, only played by the poor and Irish of the Internet.

What exactly is Survival Mode?
    Survival Mode was the second gamemode Notch (aka Markus Persson, creator of Minecraft) has ever made to Minecraft. This gamemode is all what you can imagine by the title - surviving. With the ability to create any structure with a large variety of interesting craftable and obtainable items, endless hours of gameplay. And with the exciting Multiplayer, it just keeps getting better.

Survival Mode all started out with Survival Test, with Notch just toying with things that would soon become the incredible gamemode we all play today.

Next came /indev/, also known as In Development, was just Survival Test, only, well, I'm not exactly sure why he did this, but he did it for a very good reason I bet.

After that came /infdev/, also known as Infinite Development, but again, like /indev/. I'm still boggled about why he did this.

And finally, after everything was prepared, he released the fantastic game known as Minecraft Alpha (also known as Minecraft Survival), the game we HAD until December 20, when the game was updated to Beta and the price was doubled! Further updates will continue to be free but this means the game will be nearing completion far in the future![/release]
    [release]What are mobs?
    Mobs are creatures that roam the generated terrain of every level. They can range from nice pigs to green dicks that blow up your shit.

There are currently 12 mobs in Survival Mode, with 5 of them being passive.

Pigs
    - Pigs are friendly mobs. They may seem cute, but not everyone lives forever. So you'll have to kill such adorable creatures for their delicious bacon that heals 1.5 hearts (cooked bacon heals 4 hearts).

Sheep
    - Sheep are just as adorable as pigs. You are able to magically shear them with your hands by punching them, which results in 1-3 blocks of wool being dropped.

Cows
    - Cows seem friendly and look pretty stupid; But these mobs may drop up to 0-3 leather, which can be crafted into really crappy armor.

Chickens
    - Chickens may look like ducks, but try not to get them confused too much. Chickens drop 0-2 feathers when killed and crap out eggs every 5-10 minutes.

NEW: Squids
    - Squids are a new addition to Minecraft that came with a big update. When killed, they drop 1-3 ink sacks which is useful for wool dye.

Zombies
    - Zombies looks like they're ready to hug, right? Well try not to get too close, because these fuckers pack a punch. They drop 0-2 feathers for God knows why when killed. When it turns day, they begin to burn (there must be no blocks above them, even leaves).

Skeletons
    - These assholes like to shoot arrows at you from anywhere when they're close to you. Do NOT get trapped in a pit with Skeletons above you. When killed, they drop 0-2 arrows. Just like Zombies, they burn as well when it's day.

Spiders
    - Spiders lurk anywhere, and are ready to jump at you whenever. They can be a big pain in the ass, especially when there are more than one. When killed, they drop 0-2 string. But with Spiders, they do not start on fire, most of the time they become friendly, making nice house guests.

Slimes
    - Slimes are currently broken for some odd reason. But they are very adorable mobs, even if they are unfriendly. Slimes can range from small to very large; the smallest slimes don't hurt you, so you can have them follow you and keep them as a pet! When they are killed, they usually drop 0-2 slime balls.

Creepersssss
    - These gigantic faggot dicks are the epiphany of why we all hate this game at times. They can be lurking ANYWHERE - even more concealed than spiders, and jump at you and blow up for no reason. They may seem like they need a hug (like Zombies) but be careful - they will destroy your shit. And what makes it worse is that they do NOT burn in daylight. But they drop 0-3 gunpowder when they are killed normally (not blown up) that can be crafted with sand to create TNT.

Pig Zombies
    - Pig Zombies, or Zombie Pigmen if you prefer, were added in during the Halloween Update. Though they can only be found in the Nether, they are completely friendly (until you disturb them by attacking them).

Ghasts
    - Ghasts were added in during the Halloween Update. These large, white, box-like, annoying fuckers shoot fireballs at you from wherever they are floating, even if you aren't that close. Thank god Notch fixed them from crying so much when on fire, you'd probably quit playing the game when it happened.[/release]
    [release]What is the Nether?
    The Nether (underworld, hell, etc.) was added in during the Halloween Update. When you construct a portal (an outline of a box used with obsidian and then lit with flint and steel) it will teleport you to a randomly generated level called the Nether. There are all sorts of interesting things there. But don't let me bore you with words, go try it for yourself![/release]
    If you have anymore questions about Minecraft, please look at the wikipedia first:
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Main_Page
    -- Otherwise, you may freely ask in the thread.

[release]Useful Links:

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Facepunch_Minecraft - Facepunch Minecraft Group
    Minecraft - The site that hosts the game that started it all.
    Notch's Blog - Notch's tumblr (blog) that he posts Minecraft related things and things about he reviewed/his life.
    Notch's Twitter - Like his tumblr, but he posts more actively on his Twitter and about stuff that is going on right at the moment.
    Minecraft's GetSatisfaction - You can submit bugs/suggestions here so Notch can add more things to his to-do list.
    Minecraft's Official Facebook Page - Has some interesting news, whether it's actual news or community news.
    Minepedia - Wikipedia for Minecraft.
    Crafting Recipes (Minepedia) - Crafting recipes for Minecraft. Very Useful![/release]

[release]Recently Added: Beds! New bleeding Obsidian! Official Betterlight! Redstone Repeater blocks! Mouse smoothing! A whole bunch of stuff! You can read the full changelog as well as any previous changelogs here:

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Changelog
    [/release]

[release]:siren:KNOWN CONNECTION PROBLEMS:siren:

"Internal exception: java.net.socketException: Softwarre caused connection abort: recv failed"
    Server has crashed

"End of stream"
    Minecraft.net is Down

"Timed out"
    Server has crashed / latency too high

"Connection timed out: Connect"
    You're either not connected to the internet, or the server is too laggy

"Server returned HTTP response code 503"
    Problem when MC.net is down[/release]

[release]Server List:

Venn177's awesome survival server!

http://www.facepunch.com/threads/106...-Golden-Oldies
    minecraft.venndication.co.cc

Waffle House SMP Server

IP: 173.236.117.157 MUMBLE: 195.90.99.195:55304

PvP, PvE
    IP: 68.104.93.209
    Whitelist: No

Minecraft - Concrete Carnage Server
    IP: 173.236.117.156:25565
    Ventrillo IP: calcium.typefrag.com
    Port: 9049
    Description: We are a Strict PVP Server where the only safe places are the spawn and designated non-pvp areas, so pretty much everywhere you can fight!
    Guests - PM if you wanna be added.

Hidden Minecraft Ranch

The rules are:
    The rule's Are 1.No Greifing
    2.No stealing
    3.No tnt at all unless mining
    4.Have fun
    5.Spawning items is not allowed unless building

TheHANGOVER's Mainland

HANGOVER's SMP: s1.drunkenminers.com
    HANGOVER's Nether: s2.drunkenminers.com
    (To get whitelisted send me a PM with your in-game name Here

NEW VentleGille

Profan's Humble Abode

Server IP: 213.114.118.63
    http://www.facepunch.com/threads/105...P-FP-Server-V2!
    Whitelisting necessary read server OP for details.

Server IP: 75.187.122.141
    Whitelist Necessary: Nope!

Email support@van-craft.com for build rights
    Other IP:209.236.124.219

Mr_FJ's Minecraft Universe

IP is on the website: mrfj.webs.com please visit the website and read the rules before entering the server

ip: 69.160.84.87 OR fcserve.ath.cx

IP: 109.123.117.214:25565

DeMoggen's server – help us build stuff
    IP: 173.236.117.152:25565

[/release]

And, of course, no OP would be complete without a "What is Notch doing instead of updating?", brought to you by Doomish. So here's what Notch is doing instead of updating:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner x 12Dumb x 10Funny x 3Zing x 1Artistic x 1Friendly x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,195 Posts
    Title should be, again: "Make G-strogg mod"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,046 Posts
    Aww, I was almost done with the OP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    September 2001
    12,322 Posts
    If you want to talk about the lack of subforum go here: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/104...the-forums-V10

This is a minecraft megathead. Talk about minecraft here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Dumb Dumb x 33Friendly Friendly x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,383 Posts
    Same things as last time:

garry's title and last post were fitting.

Back to normal, server threads in Games In Progress.

Why L4D if no more game forums? etc etc.

(User was banned for this post ("This is a minecraft megathead. Talk about minecraft here" - garry))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,785 Posts
    And I called it during the subforum thread :smithicide: fighting over threads. I still want to get v.60.

(User was banned for this post ("This is a minecraft megathead. Talk about minecraft here" - garry))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    14,798 Posts
    Garry you are lucky I saved it or I would be more than only mildly frustrated at you :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    5,383 Posts
    If you want to talk about the lack of subforum go here: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/104...the-forums-V10

This is a minecraft megathead. Talk about minecraft here.
    Aight, thanks g.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,416 Posts
    Aww I was excited about the subforum :saddowns:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

10. Post #10
    Has volunteered for dissection because the doctor is cute
    May 2009
    20,020 Posts
    I like this thread title.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

11. Post #11
    August 2009
    932 Posts
    I'm still frustrated at Garry's decision to unduly remove the subforum.

Even World of Warcraft has a subforum in the MMO section; it's slower than molasses, and is essentially just Jimbombcb calling everyone dumb.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,195 Posts
    Hezzy gon be mad when he wakes up though.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    October 2009
    6,173 Posts
    Does anyone who submitted Nationcraft flags have them saved mayhaps?

14. Post #14
    but there's an overload of dick and it ruins the experience
    November 2010
    3,847 Posts
    Guys you are going to get banned if you keep talking about the subforum, shut up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    September 2009
    3,710 Posts
    Man I remmber when I woke up to a fresh new minecraft update and a new subforum

:smith:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

16. Post #16
    December 2009
    5,965 Posts
    Ok so, how is everyone like ambient occlusion? I think AA should be next
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

17. Post #17
    Has volunteered for dissection because the doctor is cute
    May 2009
    20,020 Posts
    I didnt even know sandstone existed till today. Thats going to make my building alot more fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #18
    October 2009
    6,173 Posts
    Ok so, how is everyone like ambient occlusion? I think AA should be next
    We have that, basically.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    November 2010
    3,847 Posts
    Guys you are going to get banned if you keep talking about the subforum, shut up.
    I warned them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

20. Post #20
    January 2010
    472 Posts
    Minecraft Megathread v59 - We have a DON'T fucking subforum, does STALKER?
    :raise:

Just found a giant cave system.

Found about 21 diamonds (not branch mining, in the caves themselves) and 4 hours later, still havent fully explored it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

21. Post #21
    April 2010
    2,361 Posts
    WELP
    wait there was a minecraft update? haha sweet finally, whats it add?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

22. Post #22
    FAT CAT ACCOUNTANT
    September 2010
    4,775 Posts
    Shit, I love reddit.

Edited:

WELP
    Beds n stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 29Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    dicks, my man
    August 2010
    5,570 Posts
    The new Minecraft update is very good, it has a level generating system that is similar to Worms. You type your name, or someone's name, or anything for that matter, and it generates a level off it.

Amazing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Iran, Islamic Republic of Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

24. Post #24
    December 2009
    5,965 Posts
    We have that, basically.
    not for Nvidia cards
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Malaysia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    March 2009
    250 Posts
    Garry is mad
    I love the new halfblocks, they fancy and coo'

Ohshit 16 posts.
    How the dick did that happen?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #26
    December 2009
    3,343 Posts
    Lori, what had developed with Nationcraft? I've missed the last 8 hours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #27
    October 2009
    6,173 Posts
    I am bored, just gonna start work on the Nationcraft Texture-pack, what kinda theme should be going on?

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    745 Posts
    banning for talking about subforum with the reason 'this is a minecraft thread' implies that anyone who's ever posted in these threads should be banned. when are the minecraft threads EVER on topic?

(User was banned for this post ("This is a minecraft megathead. Talk about minecraft here" - Asaratha))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 21Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    November 2010
    3,847 Posts
    Since my thread was nuked, what would you guys like me to do a tutorial on next?
    My last one was noteblocks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,791 Posts
    Oh well since we lost the nationcraft forum heres a bunch of skins I was making for it
    Green Banker:

Green Knight:

Green Trader:

Green Farmer/Generic Citizen:

Red Farmer/Generic Citizen:

I'm still making more and I'll probably recolor each skin for every faction
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

31. Post #31

August 2010
    546 Posts
    So new thread (ish). Let's expect drama, bans and maybe a little bit of minecraft.

32. Post #32
    October 2009
    6,173 Posts
    Lori, what had developed with Nationcraft? I've missed the last 8 hours.
    Tons of shit, I am on the team, not gonna reveal anything, but there was a lot of progress.

33. Post #33
    Near Invisible Text Mod
    May 2009
    5,250 Posts
    The lighting from the new update looks so amazing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    June 2010
    2,703 Posts
    WELP
    New way of saving files, you can choose the world gen seed now, beds, wood/cooble half blocks, redstone repeater blocks and betterlight.

35. Post #35
    FAT CAT ACCOUNTANT
    September 2010
    4,775 Posts
    Since my thread was nuked, what would you guys like me to do a tutorial on next?
    My last one was noteblocks
    Make one on redstone, and do you have the original post on noteblocks?

36. Post #36
    December 2010
    4 Posts
    I have a feeling garry is mad that minecraft is more popular then gmod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree x 55Funny x 11Dumb x 2Winner x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    December 2009
    3,343 Posts
    Nice skins man but the Banker looks odd.

38. Post #38
    December 2009
    3,343 Posts
    Tons of shit, I am on the team, not gonna reveal anything, but there was a lot of progress.
    How'd you get on the team?

39. Post #39
    FAT CAT ACCOUNTANT
    September 2010
    4,775 Posts
    For some reason, it looks worse than the AO that I had installed myself. Did you have AO before the update?

40. Post #40
    December 2009
    5,965 Posts
    it's more subtle than betterlight making it blend better
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Malaysia Show Events