1. Post #1
    February 2009
    109 Posts
    I know that it's mentioned in the 'Generally just fucking creepy-stuff thread,' but there's really not much discussion on it, and I feel like it needs more discussion.

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/caver/

Read the top one first.

This is the story of a man named Ted and his friend to is referred to as 'B' as they explore a cave he calls 'Mystery Cave.' There is a small hole down in, about 3 inches wide. They widen it through means of cordless drill, then Ted goes inside. They have many strange experiences throughout their journey, and it scared the living shit out of both of them. A great read, in my opinion.

http://web.archive.org/web/200501171...ofdarkness.pdf

This is the full story, no censors or anything, and it actually ENDS!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 40Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    July 2009
    6,009 Posts
    You know, I was very intrigued by this, I read a bunch.

And then I saw the guy crawling into a tunnel thirty centimeters wide into a dark unknown cave, a tunnel too thin for his arms to move.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who went full neurotic at that (And full claustrophobe for that matters). Jesus Christ, I even started sweating. Someone hold me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Uruguay Show Events Agree Agree x 9Friendly Friendly x 4 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    411 Posts
    I remember this, it scared the shit out of me when I first read it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 23 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    41,752 Posts
    It's fiction, OP.

You review it like it isn't
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    August 2009
    1,250 Posts
    The guys that made marblehornets said that MH was intended to end like Ted the Caver
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    February 2009
    109 Posts
    It's fiction, OP.

You review it like it isn't
    I am aware it is. I guess it's just the way I write.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,554 Posts
    intense

8. Post #8
    May 2010
    11,108 Posts
    The guys that made marblehornets said that MH was intended to end like Ted the Caver
    the problem was that in the entry on which it was supposed to "end" no immediate threat was presented to Mike or whatever his name is.

So when he stops posting we were more like "Well I guess he just got lazy" because there was no closure to the series
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    1,533 Posts
    I wish there was some closure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #10
    August 2009
    1,250 Posts
    the problem was that in the entry on which it was supposed to "end" no immediate threat was presented to Mike or whatever his name is.

So when he stops posting we were more like "Well I guess he just got lazy" because there was no closure to the series
    I think it was more like something where there's supposed to be a operator at every fogged up street light and that would be the last entry, perhaps posted by totheark.

11. Post #11
    February 2009
    109 Posts
    Favorite/most intense parts/let's submerge ourselves into his world theories?

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,560 Posts
    Started reading, oh boy I'm not gonna sleep.

13. Post #13
    Tabasco Lord
    September 2005
    9,173 Posts
    i remember this, good read
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,622 Posts
    Part of me wishes the "video evidence" was released, since this is creepy enough as is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    January 2011
    1,511 Posts
    woah wait what

i read this like, i don't know how many years ago

and that update thing was not there

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,560 Posts
    From 2001? Oh god Ted died. I kinda wish he told us what kinda gun. But seriously.
    Scary, stuff. Tingles all over, and now as I pull my sheets over myself I'll feel them turn cold and to stone, and I'll be in Floyd's Tomb.

Happy sleeping facepunch, enjoy cave sheets.

17. Post #17
    January 2011
    1,511 Posts
    and then a ted popped out and everyone was happy

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,078 Posts
    I'm sad that it doesn't' end.

Actually, it does end. It was written as a story, but whoever made the website decided to leave off the rest. http://web.archive.org/web/200501171...ofdarkness.pdf You should probably add that to the OP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    You're Gonna Carry That Weight.
    June 2008
    7,184 Posts
    I've been in a cave before and it's pretty scary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,289 Posts
    I remember reading this, but I don't remember anything about it, I'ma re-read it methinks.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,092 Posts
    I read this awhile ago in the creepy stuff thread and now I never want to go into any cave

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    577 Posts
    You know, I was very intrigued by this, I read a bunch.

And then I saw the guy crawling into a tunnel thirty centimeters wide into a dark unknown cave, a tunnel too thin for his arms to move.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who went full neurotic at that (And full claustrophobe for that matters). Jesus Christ, I even started sweating. Someone hold me.
    That picture was faked, if you look closely it's a pillowcase with two shoes at the back of it.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,899 Posts
    A bit long winded but pretty good way to waste an afternoon

24. Post #24
    FLUTTERSHY <3 (also hats suck)
    May 2008
    1,705 Posts
    Was a good read and it actually was creepy.

25. Post #25
    June 2009
    930 Posts
    Wow, this was a long good read. A little sad that is was fictional though...

26. Post #26
    Asm
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,234 Posts
    Its a great, long read

27. Post #27
    November 2008
    2,009 Posts
    I'm sad that it doesn't' end.

Actually, it does end. It was written as a story, but whoever made the website decided to leave off the rest. http://web.archive.org/web/200501171...ofdarkness.pdf You should probably add that to the OP.
    I feel it was better to not end the story. Reading the actual ending made it get extremely cheesy, a demon called the "soul eater", a corpse, and a freaking wizard. Ruined the story for me but was a good read anyways.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,707 Posts
    The real story is a much more satisfying read.

That said, I didn't feel particularly spooked by the story at all.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,451 Posts
    Real life minecraft. Except real life takes much longer to excavate a cave
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Tabasco Lord
    September 2005
    9,173 Posts
    That picture was faked, if you look closely it's a pillowcase with two shoes at the back of it.
    what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,648 Posts
    I love this story. Gives me chills every time I read it and scares the shit out of me because the only time I went caving I was thinking about it the whole time.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,554 Posts
    can't stop reading this

33. Post #33
    February 2009
    109 Posts
    I must have missed something, is Matt B or the other guy they brought with?

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,554 Posts
    what

35. Post #35
    November 2008
    557 Posts
    that full story link is broken.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    198 Posts
    this is fake it would be on the news if he died + now way there is a monsters in the cave ^^alright story
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Iceland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,420 Posts
    Should be a movie.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    198 Posts
    Should be a movie.
    yeah micheal bay make it xD *make a dynamite in the cave* , run to lazers, explosions
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Iceland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    5,554 Posts
    this is fake it would be on the news if he died + now way there is a monsters in the cave ^^alright story
    thanks

40. Post #40
    February 2009
    109 Posts
    that full story link is broken.
    Fixed.