88 31.54%
  • 3 - A bit even with the funs/downs

42 15.05%
  • 2 - Could be a bit better

30 10.75%
  • 1 - Didn't feel as fun as last year

18 6.45%
  1. Post #1
    I'm more or less wondering if you people find it boring or not, and why you find it fun/boring with it's good/downsides.

I think it's mighty fun but the part that really gets me demotivated to try and play it is the fact you need so much refined metal for a couple of event hats. It's a bit overkill though. Going against the HHH is fun (but can be annoying when YOU are being tagged constantly ) and dangerous.

I can give this year's Event a 4/5, the 1 downside being the fact you need so much fucking metal to make those hats, it's enough to put me off of playing the event maps for those hats. I don't think I have enough metal for 3, let alone 2. I ain't tradin' my darn hats either.

So, what do you find fun/boring about this years Halloween?

2. Post #2
    September 2008
    967 Posts
    *must_find_presents*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Belarus Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

3. Post #3
    What's brevity?
    June 2006
    19,398 Posts
    It's pretty hard to find the presents first in such a big map and amongst so many players. It's pretty much luck of the draw for most of us. Except the spectator ninjas, fuck them to the ninth circle of Hell.

But fighting against a powerful boss enemy is pretty fun in itself, even if it is hard to stay alive long enough to take his Haunted Metal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    403 Posts
    Much better map than last time, much better achievements than last time, much better hats than last time. I agree that the metal thing is a tad too much, but those are for items that work after Halloween (I think), so you could craft them after you get enough metal (again, I think).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

5. Post #5
    World's Okayest Comic Guy
    February 2005
    17,574 Posts
    In terms of content and execution, it's better than last year. Despite of the stories that YM is a fucking asshole who came out of Christian Bale's asshole, his map looks prettier than Sean's Harvest map.

There are more hats to nab, a boss, more shit to drop (or craft), and two new maps. One of which looks great, but is hardly played.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

6. Post #6
    I'm honestly hoping that those hats stay craftable, because if they restrict being able to craft them to only this event, then it's going to be a motivation-killer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    August 2009
    6,202 Posts
    the first few times I played manor and fought the horseman were cool as fuck

that initial excitement is gone, but the rush to find presents and the whole map itself is a blast, and the new hats and weapon skin is cool. I also love the gibus upgrade

all in all, much better than last years, and a lot of fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,950 Posts
    5, rated 4 accidentally

9. Post #9
    March 2010
    4,152 Posts
    The funnest.

10. Post #10
    July 2010
    3,788 Posts
    Fun but god awful annoying when you don't get credit for killing the Horsemann or someone steals a gift when you were about to touch it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

11. Post #11
    May 2010
    211 Posts
    Feels more like a grind this year. It's hilarious watching a team try and advance, then have the gift message pop-up and everyone scatters every which way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,569 Posts
    I expected it to be fun.

This is alot more fun than I expected.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #13
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,134 Posts
    Way more fun than I expected because I didn't think there'd be a new one at all this year.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #14
    July 2010
    985 Posts
    3/5 for me, people don't focus on the game anymore, but just on grinding achievements and finding gifts.
    I hope this will decrease the next couple of days, so we can get back to playing the game.

Also, metal was not a problem for me, as I had 4 refined ready to craft a Polycount hat, but as Polycount hats aren't a limited offer, I crafted a Halloween hat (and I got a Voodoo Juju :D)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Want an apple?
    October 2010
    2,869 Posts
    Fun as fuck, way better than last year, IMO. I hope to see more bosses like the HHH or just friendly NPC's in other events
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    4,869 Posts
    Fun but god awful annoying when you don't get credit for killing the Horsemann or someone steals a gift when you were about to touch it.
    Same.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,152 Posts
    I got my Scout paperbag. Can't be bothered to get the Unusual Metal.... Satisfied now. Well, back to Global Agenda to get more hats there!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Funny Funny x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,550 Posts
    Can't wait until the christmas event!

- Optimistic TF2 Player
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 5 (list)

19. Post #19
    December 2009
    1,411 Posts
    Traded 8 masks for earbuds, gambled the earbuds 1:1 and won another buds :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    That one downside: Presents. They distract people from the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,131 Posts
    It's pretty fun. The boss fight was a great idea (though obviously taking its cue from the Vs. Saxton Hale community-made game mode). I wonder if they'll make boss fights available as a permanent game mode with its own maps, or make it some sort of server-side cvar for certain attack/defend/control points maps.

The amount of obtainable cosmetic stuff is pretty nice, too. Interesting to see them make serious use of the Mann Co. store now with buy-only event hats. I know they're craftable with the haunted metal, but if you use your one and only metal on a hat, then you can't get the Horsemann's axe. These items are considered achievement items and thus non-tradable, so you'll probably be hard-pressed to obtain any of these that you missed later on (or at least until next year's event) given that the only way to transfer them to another player is to gift wrap them.

22. Post #22
    June 2010
    6,252 Posts
    The gift grinding is somewhat annoying, but the rest is pretty cool if we can still craft the other stuff after Halloween. No way I can get that much metal now.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,721 Posts
    More fun than last year's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    2,021 Posts
    Expected nothing, was pleasantly surprised

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    4,059 Posts
    How do you craft the hats?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2009
    2,716 Posts

27. Post #27
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,104 Posts
    It was nothing like I expected.

It was better.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    13,269 Posts
    One of which looks great, but is hardly played.
    It's just because of the season.
    Once Halloween is over, people will start playing the other one more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    January 2010
    483 Posts
    I didn't expect and proper update, I just expected "Made Halloween Masks Wearable" to happen. This really did come out of the blue and Valve really went to town on it. Thing is, the excitement soon wears off, and I'll enjoy the update more, once it's passed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Dennab
    July 2010
    1,808 Posts
    better than i expected it to be

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,152 Posts
    I got my Scout paperbag.
    Correction. IDTL gave me it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    July 2010
    94 Posts
    Presents!

33. Post #33
    ILY's Lover
    October 2009
    1,137 Posts
    The HHH is too easy

4/5

34. Post #34
    August 2010
    197 Posts
    an actual NPC boss is by itself a huge ass win for me,

hopefully in the future there will be more baddies for people to take on - like giant golden age looking robot,perhaps npc zombie hordes of dead scouts or maybe even a proper modeled Saxton Hale.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Grass Poison
    March 2010
    16,914 Posts
    It's fun,but I hate that you can only get one haunted scrap metal,looks like they are forcing you to buy the hats
    Also It's hard to find gifts,there always one idiot rushing and grabbing 4 presents in a row,and you only grabbed a gift in a sesion of 5 hours
    It's fun to fight the HHH,both team have to forget capping and defending to fight the monster! awesome
    4/5

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,569 Posts
    Sure, HHH is easy, but it's still fun as hell to beat the shit outta him and running away from him whenever you're It.

It's annoying that people run away from me when I'm It though. :frown: That, and people still killing you like nothing's happened at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    444 Posts
    Whenever the horsemen appears, I don't feel like killing it. I'd rather just kill the enemy team.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

38. Post #38
    November 2009
    3,370 Posts
    I like to run into the enemy team while disguised and IT.
    Nobody expects you to be an enemy when you're running for your goddamn life with a giant monster barreling in behind you. And then you failstab someone and cloak away. Watch the fireworks. It's beautiful.

Needless to say I'm really enjoying this update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

39. Post #39
    OZZY INTENSIFIES
    August 2009
    9,150 Posts
    Rated fun but that one downside.

Only thing making this a little unbearable is how annoying it is to get all the masks without playing for hours straight.

I still only have 3. And 2 were all luck, the presents appeared right in front of my eyes. I got the 3rd one because we were taking turns.

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    847 Posts
    fun as fuck. as a mother fucking fuck. and by fuck i mean it's fucking shit!

on second thought i should have rated 2

Edited:

Whenever the horsemen appears, I don't feel like killing it. I'd rather just kill the enemy team.
    you are really a douchebag ruining the fun
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)