1. Post #1
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,330 Posts
    I started a video series on Lua a couple months (?) back, and have completely forgotten about continuing it, mostly because of the amount of coursework and exam prep I have going on, but I could probably carry on with it given the right amount of people actually wanting it, and by that I mean a lot of people are actually watching and learning from it, and like it, not just making it for a couple of guys who know nothing of lua.

Anyways, enough talk, here are the videos SO FAR:

Episode 1:

Episode 2:

Episode 3:

Episode 4:

Please any and all criticism wanted, I don't care whether it's bad or not, just please tell me what I could improve, and whether or not I should continue this.

If you don't like them, that's fine, just please say why, so I can improve and make it better for everyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 3Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    January 2008
    645 Posts
    I like the idea, and you should definitely keep it up. My one main concern is the lack of verbal commentary, makes things a lot easier. The notes you add are nice and all, just think it would be much better if you commentated. Other then that though, keep it up. When I have more time on my hands I'll watch them all much more attentively, I'm interested in learning Lua.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,330 Posts
    Thanks, and yeah I will add some verbal commentary soon enough, when I'm not annoying anyone in my house, as you see I have two brothers, and the noise in our house is phenomenal, so i'm trying to get the quietest possible solution for it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    January 2008
    645 Posts
    Thanks, and yeah I will add some verbal commentary soon enough, when I'm not annoying anyone in my house, as you see I have two brothers, and the noise in our house is phenomenal, so i'm trying to get the quietest possible solution for it.
    Ah, that explains.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,794 Posts
    They're ok. You keep using the word 'precedes' wrong though.

6. Post #6
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,330 Posts
    They're ok. You keep using the word 'precedes' wrong though.
    Do I? Damn, sorry about that, sometimes trying to sound smart doesn't pay off :3:

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    330 Posts
    The only thing I can think about is that green text is damn hard to see with a blue background in the textboxes. Maybe use a red color instead as it matches with the outline and the colored lines.

8. Post #8
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,330 Posts
    Fezze, I changed it to black in the next videos, and the rest are in proper HD, so already fixed

9. Post #9
    hang you're self
    March 2008
    4,712 Posts
    Like said in the first comment, coding tutorials are hard to follow, but almost impossible to follow without verbal instruction, as you have to constantly go back and forth between the video and the program. Otherwise, they're good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)