1. Post #1
    March 2008
    1,321 Posts

Gameserver: 82.199.155.124:27015
    Teamspeak 3: 109.169.12.85

Workshop content pack: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=229192732
    (Note: This isn't all of it but it does cut down download time massively!)

Before I start, I'd like to point out that this gamemode will feature one big server, that has both PvE and PvP elements in it. The gamemode will NEVER despite of whatever measurements you are using, ever have two servers, where one of them will be PvE online and the other PvP. It is simply stupid and will never occur no matter your arguments, so don't bother trying to convince me.

Secondly, this is a private gamemode meant for a single server, so the gamemode will not be released for the public to download and "play on singleplayer" and then try to suggest making backdoors to prevent people from hosting it on their own servers. Don't bother suggesting this either, because I will not do it ever.

Informations
    Devinity 2 is the sequel to Devinity and Sunrise, back in 2009 - 2010. Initially, this particular gamemode was remade several times in order to fix the several problems during the GMod 13 beta period. During that period there were a huge amount of experimental coding done in order to make as much use of the limits as possible, such as finding out how to make a map big enough for all players to fly around in and how to avoid that annoying skybox you may hit while warping. Those experiments lasted for months and finally, around the release of GMod 13, there was a breakthrough and the development speed up. Devinity 2 is now the most advanced gamemode ever made by The Maw, with some heavy coding and a good cup of coffee, the gamemode has been tested and tested over and over again to make absolutely sure that it works.

Now during the development the reason for all this serious testing and developing was because of the reputation we had. We had the reputation of leaving gamemodes behind and things were never really finished and that is why we decided to do a comeback with this gamemode. A massive gamemode optimized to work for even the slowest machines. (By that we mean PCs that can run Minecraft at least.).

In 2011 the planning process began and we rolled over some old footage of Sunrise and Devinity 1 and thought of the good old days 2 years earlier and we thought we should plug in some of those brilliant classic features from Sunrise and put it into Devinity 2. For example steering the ship with your mouse, mining and pirating. One particular feature has been in question for some time. DRONES. Since the development of Sunrise there has been a lot of requests reguarding drones and the truth is there has actually been drones from the beginning and the same story applies with planets. Although the massive edits and continuous adds meant that it was removed at some point and it was lost forever.

Luckily we added it back in Devinity 2 with some tremendous updates and some higher graphical improvements. We also wanted the gamemode to use PURELY Devinity 2 models so that means you don't have to buy a game in order to see objects in space. They are all a part of the Devinity 2 content, which means any player who owns JUST Garrysmod can play this gamemode without having any missing contents. Some critics say that this may have an impact on download time and we have of course thought about it. We are only adding the resources that we need and additionally we will be releasing a content pack containing all the resources needed for the server.

In 2012 the gamemode suffered some losses during the gmod 13 beta, because Garry did mayor changes to the game and therefor meant rethinking our gamemode to work with the new GMod, so back to the drawing board.
    Late 2012 it hit us and we were finally able to display some results to the gamemode to the general public. Some footage such as a massive mapping system, meaning you could go on for eternity from one end to another. It's almost like there are no ends and in early 2013 we started inviting people in for testing. Donators and veteran Sunrise players got to play first and since then we have been adjusting the gameplay to suit their needs. We also optimized the gamemode to have an excellent performance further, so that players would get a much smoother gameplay.

In the end, the gamemode features a lot of ideas and stuff we planned out years ago and they are no longer a dream, but a future for this gamemode.

[h2]Also, the current version of the gamemode begins at around page 16 of this thread...[/h2]

Features
    -Planetary Colonization
    -Mining as usual
    -Pirating as usual
    -Nebula and planets
    -Planet walking
    -Massive graphical improvements since first release.
    -Procedurally generated solar systems and planetary environment.
    -Pirates, NPCs n shit.
    -Unlimited map size (18847 trillion cubic source units)
    -Auctions, shops and such
    -Planetary takeovers.
    -Fleets and battles
    -100+ slot server!
    -Inventory
    -Usermade items!
    -Drones
    -Manufacturing
    -Create organizations
    -Better skill system
    -Weapon access
    -Multi target system
    -New HUD design

New unmentioned features may pop up

Media

Steam Group
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Devinity2

Website
    www.devinity2.com

Credits
    Project Leader
    The Maw

Primary Modeller
    KeitaroCOS

Web Team
    Rice
    Bzaraticus

Hoster
    Stuky

Old Staff
    -Dustpup (Modeller/texturer) [RETIRED]
    -AniCator (Music Composer)
    -Th13teen (Item maker program for generating items for use with DV2)
    -Whoever made MySQLoo

Donations
    If you wish to donate, you can do so by sending at least $5 at cjbremer@gmail.com on paypal.
    The gamemode does not benefit the donators in a way, that will affect their ships performance, but instead will receive other stuff like music streaming and youtube movie projection (in the future).

Also, remember to include the URL to your steam profile page on the little message box!

On a last note, the current version of this gamemode actually starts from page 15. Everything else is history, in case you just want to read the updated version of this gamemode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Lua King x 150Winner x 16Dumb x 5Friendly x 4Artistic x 4Agree x 2Late x 2Informative x 1Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1Zing x 1Lua Helper x 1Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,153 Posts
    Can't wait to see this gamemode go live, I loved LiquidGame's Devinity.

And Maw do you know what happened to LiquidGame's Devinity?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member

July 2006
    1,952 Posts
    Looks okay, but don't we have like twenty of these already?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree x 10Dumb x 5Disagree x 4Lua King x 2Optimistic x 1Winner x 1Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    539 Posts
    Nice job Maw, this is looking awesome!
    You always make good stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Lua Helper Lua Helper x 2 (list)

5. Post #5
    March 2008
    1,321 Posts
    Looks okay, but don't we have like twenty of these already?
    Twenty edits, but not many new original ones. I only made 3. Most of the edits were still using the same usual gameplay and designs as the original Sunrise and Devinity. I am just here to continue the undone work I have made.

EDIT: I will work on the drones and send a picture of them ASAP :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    JovaCentral
    September 2009
    787 Posts
    E
    p
    i
    c
    !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Lua Helper Lua Helper x 2Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    March 2008
    1,321 Posts
    Roar

HD Link: http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/2113/image1hw.png

P.S: Garry on the picture above is not "THE" Garry, it's Garry from the Neon clan. Hes hosting with Stuky, who is also a member of the Neon clan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Lua King Lua King x 5Artistic Artistic x 2Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,635 Posts
    Looking awesome maw. :) I'll go work on those icons when I can
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Iceland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    August 2010
    796 Posts
    Looks really good Maw =D, did you get your idea from Orion's Edge? Salvation's G-Billy's Gamemode? Looks similiar, with the ships and stuff, I think there's is a combination of Spacebuild and something like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    March 2008
    1,321 Posts
    Looks really good Maw =D, did you get your idea from Orion's Edge? Salvation's G-Billy's Gamemode? Looks similiar, with the ships and stuff, I think there's is a combination of Spacebuild and something like this.
    I never even heard of it, sorry. Am building this opun Devinity and Sunrise, which was developed back about 1 or 2 years ago.

11. Post #11
    August 2010
    796 Posts
    I never even heard of it, sorry. Am building this opun Devinity and Sunrise, which was developed back about 1 or 2 years ago.
    Oh my bad, Looks good, hope this will not be a community gamemode...

12. Post #12
    March 2008
    1,321 Posts
    Aight, Almost finished with the planet builder panel :D

...Along with parts of the already made HUD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Pez
    September 2010
    5 Posts
    While hosting Devinity 2, I had some real fun with it. Definitely one of my favourite Gamemodes so far :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    May 2009
    15 Posts
    It feels nice to be thanked :D Anyway yeh, can't wait to see how this develops :)
    Good look with the dev, just ask if you want it hosting anymore, not a problem ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,331 Posts
    This look awesome, TheMaw.

Although I still hate you for never finishing any of your projects, they all look so good :(

16. Post #16
    March 2008
    1,321 Posts
    Added a cool planet, that fits the rings :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Artistic Artistic x 4Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    121 Posts
    It looks fucking beautiful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    October 2008
    499 Posts
    Thats wassup! Keep up up homie!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,895 Posts
    That looks great.

One question, are you still looking for extra ship models or at least one? I still have the Terran BattleCruiser model file (.blend) I made awhile back for Sunrise. I kept it because it was the most advanced model I made to date.

I can give you the .blend file for you to import and tweak to work with Devinity 2 if you want.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 3Friendly Friendly x 2Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    I can resist everything except temptation
    January 2008
    3,665 Posts
    Looks totally fucking epic..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    March 2008
    1,321 Posts
    Thanks everyone for the cool support. :D

That looks great.

One question, are you still looking for extra ship models or at least one? I still have the Terran BattleCruiser model file (.blend) I made awhile back for Sunrise. I kept it because it was the most advanced model I made to date.

I can give you the .blend file for you to import and tweak to work with Devinity 2 if you want.

Sure, however I don't use blender. :(

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,153 Posts
    Keep up the AWESOME work.

Notice how many people here are former LiquidGame's members.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,895 Posts
    Thanks everyone for the cool support. :D
    Sure, however I don't use blender. :(
    I can export the file into different formats like .3ds and such. Would that work? I could probably work on this myself during my free time (it will take awhile). I would just need some specifics on size, textures, etc. Are you using things like $attachment (when compiling) or something else?

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,440 Posts
    This is what Sunrise/Devinity should have been from the beginning, planets 'n shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    September 2009
    541 Posts
    No, if somebody is too good from the start, you get bored of it too quick.

26. Post #26
    March 2008
    1,321 Posts
    More planets :D I looove the saturn one :)
    EDIT: Reuploaded the picture. It seemed to be broken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Lua King Lua King x 9Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    November 2009
    153 Posts
    Kewl that realy looks more better than non planet space :P Dump fuck devinity developers didnt listen to you to make the gamemode better xD
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

28. Post #28
    September 2009
    541 Posts
    Dang... That's incredible!

29. Post #29
    December 2009
    516 Posts
    Datsun, could you compile that into an MDL for us?

Edited:

I think that
    I'm very sure everyone is kinda thinking "This is another sunrise edit" however this is MY PERSONAL gamemode just like Old Age so don't expect to be exackly the same.
    should be elaborated on;

This isn't an edit of sunrise, OR devinity (which is a sunrise edit itself,) this is a gamemode coded from the ground up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    March 2008
    1,321 Posts

Edited:

I think that

should be elaborated on;

This isn't an edit of sunrise, OR devinity (which is a sunrise edit itself,) this is a gamemode coded from the ground up.
    I was refering to Devinity and Sunrise, the original ones. Both were made from scratch. The editors decided to use their own script, which was based on the Sunrise script.

Neither way, as long as you understand the sentence, there is no need to change it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,963 Posts
    Finally, a space gamemode that looks promising. Hopefully it won't suffer the same fate as the other 20 ones. Those planets look pretty amazing.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,895 Posts

Edited:

I think that

should be elaborated on;

I can compile it, but without a size reference, it would be a tad cumbersome going back and forth with resizing. You have a ship model I could use? Like "as big/a little bigger/smaller/etc."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    July 2009
    24 Posts
    This looks even better the the other ones! I cant wait to see more. Great job Maw.

34. Post #34

August 2009
    27 Posts
    FUCK YES!

Thank you maw, for saving us from the shitstorm the first devinity has turned into! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    1,362 Posts
    It seems like so few weeks after Devinity was announced. I like the particle effects in this though, I forget the modeller who did the Sunrise models though (geh, I should know it though, he works on Tiberium a bit I think...)

well, godspeed to you, Maw, I assume this will be a private script?

36. Post #36
    March 2008
    1,321 Posts
    It seems like so few weeks after Devinity was announced. I like the particle effects in this though, I forget the modeller who did the Sunrise models though (geh, I should know it though, he works on Tiberium a bit I think...)

well, godspeed to you, Maw, I assume this will be a private script?
    Yup.

The first modeller for Sunrise was me. I did the first few models on the original Sunrise, made a long time ago. Then Hoizon decided to join and do a few extra models for the gamemode. I don't know that much about the other developers of Sunrise. Only abit on the new Devinity team (Killers2 and other people).

37. Post #37
    July 2010
    101 Posts
    can't wait for another maw!

38. Post #38
    April 2008
    293 Posts
    I always liked your work, Maw, looking good. However, one tiny complaint, I don't like the look of the Nebulas . . .they're too . . . bright, maybe the word I'm looking for? vivid, pastel-ish, I dunno. THey just look out of place to me.

39. Post #39
    RESIDENT ASBESTOS OBSESSIVE
    July 2008
    5,507 Posts
    The gamemode is good but the community has lots of 12 year old admins, including one of the server hosters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    March 2008
    1,321 Posts
    The gamemode is good but the community has lots of 12 year old admins, including one of the server hosters.
    Hmm. But those aren't owned by any of my development teams.

I always liked your work, Maw, looking good. However, one tiny complaint, I don't like the look of the Nebulas . . .they're too . . . bright, maybe the word I'm looking for? vivid, pastel-ish, I dunno. THey just look out of place to me.
    That was already in discussion. I believe, the reason is because of the randomized colors.

Off-topic:
    Boxmen Addon released ;P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)