1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,913 Posts
    It's the Imperium of man Vs Everyone else. The Imperium was led by the Emperor who was nearly killed by Horus when he fell to Chaos, and he took several Space Marine Primarchs and Chapters with him - that's what the Chaos Marines are, the Traitor Legions.

Here is a picture of the Emperor Vs Horus, with the Blood Angels Primarch Sanguinius on the floor dead.
    If only that Custodes had entered the room earlier, the Imperium would be infinitely better off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    8,944 Posts
    I love the amount of Warhammer discussion that goes on here. :3: Think im going to go drown myself in the Lexicanum and read up all about everything.

3. Post #243
    I love the amount of Warhammer discussion that goes on here. :3: Think im going to go drown myself in the Lexicanum and read up all about everything.
    Fuckin lexicanum is like tvtropes. Look up one thing and I end up on it for hours with like 30 tabs open.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

4. Post #244
    June 2008
    801 Posts
    I'm still confused :(

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,751 Posts
    Fuckin lexicanum is like tvtropes. Look up one thing and I end up on it for hours with like 30 tabs open.
    I've done this at least a dozen times before.

6. Post #246
    August 2010
    2,500 Posts

much more badass than anything the necrons would do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #247
    Jherkin Gherkin
    Dennab
    October 2010
    12,198 Posts
    imperium rolls w/ style

8. Post #248
    November 2008
    1,450 Posts
    Wow, this thread has inspired me to actually put an army together to play some games.
    Always just had my models for display.
    Now to find somewhere to buy stuff in the middle of the desert (Literally).

Ah screw it, back to Dawn of War.

9. Post #249
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    8,944 Posts
    just looking at the Horus Heresy i could easilly open a good 40 tabs, your right.

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,291 Posts
    All this talking about W40K makes me want to start again, i gave up because i had no one to play with, couldn't decide on a paint scheme and didn't make alot of stuff because i was worried that at some point i would be like "i should have used that to make this thing instead".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    8,944 Posts
    All this talking about W40K makes me want to start again, i gave up because i had no one to play with, couldn't decide on a paint scheme and didn't make alot of stuff because i was worried that at some point i would be like "i should have used that to make this thing instead".
    Im thinking i might paint mine again, likewise i dont have anyone to play tabletop with, and my paint scheme sucks ass, but still, its an enjoyable hobby, think i have a picture of my eldar somewhere.

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,291 Posts
    Despite the Warhammer World being about 15min away from my house, i never played. I was fine with playing with random people, it was just going up to random people and asking them to play that i didn't like.

13. Post #253
    August 2010
    2,500 Posts
    wow

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2009/9/7/52113_md-Chaos%2C%20Chaos%20Daemons%2C%20Daemons%2C%20Forge%20World%2C%20Keeper%20Of%20Secrets%2C%20Slaanesh.jpg
    warning: eye boobs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

14. Post #254
    your all nerdes
    November 2007
    13,826 Posts
    I remember there was something about a Imperial Guardsman who tried to stop Horus by standing in his way, I heard they retconned him into a Custodian.
    Ollanus Pius, the most badass guardsman that never was.

never forget :patriot:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

15. Post #255

sweet baby jesus that is badass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    5,953 Posts
    I was under the impression that they want to tie off the warp from the materium and then feast on souls here and there.

I have my doubts they want to cleanse the universe off life, since that would kinda leave the C'tan without food.
    That's kinda what I meant. The Necrons want to murder everything to feed their gods. It used to be souls the C'tan fed off of, but they eventually retconned it into "life force", which I was assuming the Tyranids had to some degree. Either way, the Tyranids pose a great threat to the C'tan, because if they consume the galaxy, its like the Enslaver invasion all over again.

My personal theory is that it was a last ditch weapon made by the Old Ones, outside of our galaxy for secrecy, as a sort of Mutually Assured Destruction weapon in their war against the C'tan.
    That...actually makes a lot of sense. The Old Ones made the Eldar and Orks to combat the Necrons and the C'tan, making them very warp-powerful. The Tyranids, while not expressly using the Warp, still use psychic energy quite a bit (Synapse and so forth), so it kinda fits the bill for what the Old Ones would make. And the fact that they are driven to hunger no matter what is, I guess, a way to strip the galaxy of the C'tan's food and let them starve.

17. Post #257
    August 2010
    2,500 Posts
    sweet baby jesus that is badass
    space wolves own. my favorite chapter along with the iron hands

18. Post #258
    Thaddeus is my bro

Terminator Armor + Chapter's Fury + Merciless Assault spam

BLOCK! BUILDING KICK! EXPLOSIOOOOOONNNNNNNN

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,576 Posts

Was starting to be impressed, then realized it was space wolfs and lost all interest.

Also just bought the collectors edition :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #260
    August 2010
    2,500 Posts
    Was starting to be impressed, then realized it was space wolfs and lost all interest.

Also just bought the collectors edition :buddy:
    screw youuuuuuuu

21. Post #261
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    7,291 Posts
    Wondering are the wargear packs for singleplayer or multiplayer?

Am still going to get the collectors edition either way, it's not that much more expensive and comes with some nice stuff.

22. Post #262
    Fabulous!
    April 2010
    6,483 Posts
    screw youuuuuuuu
    No screeew youuu, C'Tan will nom you all.
    Omnomnomnomnomnomnom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    8,944 Posts
    So, i thought i'd re-install DoW2, to get some practice before retribution.

This is why i stop buying games on media. :sigh:

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    Download from Steam?

Edited:

Also is it wrong that I clicked the OK button on reflex?

25. Post #265
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    8,944 Posts
    Download from Steam?

Edited:

Also is it wrong that I clicked the OK button on reflex?
    Yeah, its registered on my brothers steam, last 6 months we stopped joint-sharing a single account, might have to re-buy it and buy CR too now, aaaany excuse to treat myself to a game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #266
    August 2010
    2,500 Posts
    my GFWL doesn't work

its so fucking annoying. can't play gtaiv multi, rfg multi, dow2 multi.

such an awful fucking system.

it thinks my internet isn't working, even though i can connect to the internet fine and play steam multiplayer fine etc etc. etc.

its just the retarded gfwl system that is unnecessary since i bought those three games on steam anyways

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    645 Posts
    If the Tyranids ever fought the Necrons, even if they won it'd be a pyyrhic victory because they'd be unable to replenish their losses with biomass.

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    10,925 Posts
    my GFWL doesn't work

its so fucking annoying. can't play gtaiv multi, rfg multi, dow2 multi.

such an awful fucking system.

it thinks my internet isn't working, even though i can connect to the internet fine and play steam multiplayer fine etc etc. etc.

its just the retarded gfwl system that is unnecessary since i bought those three games on steam anyways
    Open ports, forgot what, but GFWL wants a few open to even work....

29. Post #269
    August 2010
    2,500 Posts
    Open ports, forgot what, but GFWL wants a few open to even work....
    i dont have a router i only have a modem

i have disabled my firewall and everything like that, it still doesn't work.

Edited:

30. Post #270
    Ricochet is awesome!
    May 2006
    1,687 Posts

Edited:

Are you running any other adapters that might interfere with GFWL? Examples are Tunngle and Hamachi.

31. Post #271
    December 2010
    2,058 Posts
    What?! How can this do that...

I must be confused but i do know there is a seductive chaos type creature that seduces Anything to come to support Slannesh,

32. Post #272
    August 2010
    2,500 Posts
    Are you running any other adapters that might interfere with GFWL? Examples are Tunngle and Hamachi.
    I thought this was messing me up, cause I always had Hamachi on. So I uninstalled it and it didn't fix it.

I do have a 1394 adapter which i think is firewire and thats running but i'm not using it.

33. Post #273
    Ricochet is awesome!
    May 2006
    1,687 Posts
    I thought this was messing me up, cause I always had Hamachi on. So I uninstalled it and it didn't fix it.

I do have a 1394 adapter which i think is firewire and thats running but i'm not using it.
    Then I really have no idea. But also, when Tunngle used to mess with my GFWL before I wasn't using it either, however the adapter was running.

So even if you're not using them, they might still be working behind the scenes. (Just need to disable the adapter when you don't want it running, so there's no point in uninstalling it like Hamachi)

34. Post #274
    February 2008
    402 Posts
    I personally like the souldrinkers, only people in the world that makes me think purple is cool.

Edited:

Also, couldn't tyranids eventually run into the necrons and just think, oh hey that metal would look nice on them? It is a LIVING metal, that means it would have the ability to be placed on organic creatures.(or a worse though, orks smash the metal and make weapons out of it, regening orky armour?)

35. Post #275
    I personally like the souldrinkers, only people in the world that makes me think purple is cool.

Edited:

Also, couldn't tyranids eventually run into the necrons and just think, oh hey that metal would look nice on them? It is a LIVING metal, that means it would have the ability to be placed on organic creatures.(or a worse though, orks smash the metal and make weapons out of it, regening orky armour?)
    The soul drinkers may be my favorite chapter

36. Post #276
    February 2008
    402 Posts
    The soul drinkers may be my favorite chapter
    In the one book where they boarded the large necron "machine" I assume that was a monolith? they describe it as a tank almost.

37. Post #277
    December 2010
    2,058 Posts
    Necrons and Tyranids fusing would be the death of us.

38. Post #278
    Dennab
    March 2008
    734 Posts

Edited:

Try to change the country your account is set up, try the US that worked for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,371 Posts

Thats really interesting, from reading several books i always got the idea that his body was still preserved and he still looked like the moment he died. Instead, he's a creepy rotting corpse.

And then there's this:
    My personal favourite is ths bit of fan art

I remember there was something about a Imperial Guardsman who tried to stop Horus by standing in his way, I heard they retconned him into a Custodian.
    It's been everything fron a Guardsman, to a Custodes to an Imperial Fist Terminator, The story about it being a guardsman mostly comes from the Necromundan regiment that veiws him as a saint (Necromundan 8th iirc)

Edited:

It's living metal only as in it acts as if it is alive (think self repairing nanites) it entirely lacks the biological components the Tyranids require to reproduce, plus even if it did happen, as soon as those nids went to engage the Necrons in close combat, the living metal would be sucked right off them, as what happened to an Imperial assassin trying to assasinate a (disguised) C'tan with a Phase weapon (aka living metal weapon) it stabbed the C'tan and got absorbed right into him.

40. Post #280
    June 2010
    1,075 Posts
    After playing the chaos expansion to dow2 its really weird to have chaos cultists be moderatly serious.

Instead of dow1's which were all OOF MY SPLEEN.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)