1. Post #6241
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    815 Posts
    Recorded my old Nintendo DS with it's Korg ds-10.

Track is free to download if you want to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

2. Post #6242
    May 2011
    203 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #6243
    HAIL THE BONER KING
    January 2013
    11 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #6244
    December 2012
    147 Posts
    i got you guys another one. posted it just about everywhere but here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

5. Post #6245
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,937 Posts

What's up, got a new track finished, have a preview:

EP's almost finished!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

6. Post #6246
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,457 Posts
    Been having writers block so I've spent the last 45 minutes trying to combat that. Feedback?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #6247
    I Got That Swollen Hand Blues
    March 2009
    2,489 Posts
    Been having writers block so I've spent the last 45 minutes trying to combat that. Feedback?

I really like this, it's really nice and relaxing. The synth at 0:45 is really cool, the vibrato effect is a nice touch.

I started to experiment with... well. Experimental music. I know this shit is really weird and abrasive, and most of you won't like it. If you could give it a listen and tell me what to work on, that would phenomenal.

8. Post #6248
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,672 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

9. Post #6249
    May 2010
    742 Posts
    I want to see how my mixing skills are at the moment, and how they've improved. Ignore the disorder on the first song, it's just pracctice giggles. The second one is from 5 months ago. Any advices on the first pieces regarding mixing would be more than rewarding.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events

10. Post #6250

December 2011
    716 Posts
    i like this alot, the melody is pretty awesome and you've improved your drums a huge amount since you've been posting here. not sure the singing is my kinda thing, but that's just a personal preference of mine, though i think im warming to it a little bit. try bringing the highs out in the voice a bit and boosting the volume in them, and bringing out the snare a little bit more somehow.

it has a really warm, natural feel which i think is perfect for a track like this. nice job.
    Thanks man! It is nice to hear other the improvements I've made in that department I tried bringing up the highs in the voice and boosting the overall volume of both snare and vocals up, and it made a huge difference, thanks for the input and thoughts mate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #6251
    May 2011
    203 Posts

I worked on this for a while, any feedback?

12. Post #6252
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    7,226 Posts
    to me it just sounds like a bunch of sounds struggling for attention

maybe work on your mix a lil bit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

13. Post #6253
    December 2008
    5,672 Posts
    Spent 2 weeks working flat out on this song that I'm really proud of

Thoughts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

14. Post #6254
    December 2012
    147 Posts
    a video that was set to private
    well ol' fuckwit me forgot to change the vid from private to public.
    please have a listen, i spent all month writing this track

15. Post #6255
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,457 Posts
    Spent 2 weeks working flat out on this song that I'm really proud of

Thoughts?
    Your songs are starting to get a more "French" feel which I think is great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #6256
    December 2008
    5,672 Posts
    Your songs are starting to get a more "French" feel which I think is great.
    FUCK YES EXTREME SUPER HAPPY MODE ACTIVATED

man I've wanted my music to capture that french sound for so long, and for someone to say something like that seriously touches me.

I highly appreciate that Byte, cheers man

17. Post #6257
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    466 Posts
    Yay for first electronic song (using close to zero actual electronics). Made using my modular and Rhodes:

Critique with that in mind, but don't sugar coat it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #6258
    December 2012
    147 Posts
    this thread is like... dead now. there is a new post maybe once every two days and nobody bothers to look at them. shal i create a new one?

19. Post #6259
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,228 Posts
    this thread is like... dead now. there is a new post maybe once every two days and nobody bothers to look at them. shal i create a new one?
    no

maybe the problem is every jerkoff that visits CMIP doesnt care about giving anyone else crit other than "Wow, Nice Job! Check Out My Track!" (bar the few people who know they dont give shit crit)

man the fuck up and give crit, if you dont recieve any you're not giving enough

20. Post #6260
    December 2008
    5,672 Posts
    Yay for first electronic song (using close to zero actual electronics). Made using my modular and Rhodes:

I imagine with some smooth drums over the top this has the potential to be the introduction of an album

(by the way i think you should do an album i'd totally buy it bro)

21. Post #6261
    December 2008
    5,672 Posts
    we're going back to the fyoocha in this nig

Kontakt <3

if you don't get the joke i spent 3 hours recreating a small section of the back to the future theme song   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #6262
    March 2009
    2,489 Posts
    Working on an ambient/folk song for an album I'm working on.

My voice was shot when I recorded the vocals, I'll record them again tomorrow.

(in case you haven't noticed, this song has a huge Feels influence)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

23. Post #6263
    Dennab
    January 2012
    270 Posts
    mixing psytrance and some kind of electro house shit

24. Post #6264
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,959 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #6265
    "people give NTS shit all the time but he's really a good guy and i'm glad he's my friend" -zombojoe
    February 2013
    352 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

26. Post #6266
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,305 Posts

A small preview for everyone. It's a track on my upcoming 6 track EP.

27. Post #6267
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,305 Posts

Made kind of a classical piano track last night
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #6268

December 2011
    716 Posts

I think having the vocals being more distinct and less soaked in reverb (while still keeping them low in the mix) would add a lot to the overall feel of this song, right now too mcuh is reverb'd which makes it all sound too distant, I think the kick sounds mighty fine with the reverb and should be a tad louder though.

I think the erratic guitar could take a step back in the mix

Here's an instrumental cover (vocals will be added) of Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley, thoughts and ideas are much appreciated
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #6269
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,149 Posts
    Update on my piece for the FP album collaborative:
    It's more or less done now, only needs a bit of EQ'ing.

30. Post #6270
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,175 Posts

Made kind of a classical piano track last night
    Classical piano?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #6271
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    2,305 Posts
    Classical piano?
    Classical/piano I should say
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events

32. Post #6272
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,757 Posts

Listen to Soundcloud recording

http://soundcloud.com/eyefunk/isla-and-the-tusk

I think this is the second time i've noticed this problem with your vocal mixing. It's too indistinct and washy, too much reverb involved and not defined enough. That said I totally understand the idea behind it, which is to keep the vocals more as an instrument then as a leading mechanism, similar to how latter day Talk Talk did it or some other post rock outfits that I know of.

If I were you I'd push the reverb back a bit, and lower its volume instead. Maybe experiment with delays if you want that "other end of a cathedral" feel. As for the guitars, push them back a little too to make it more even.

I really like this though. Has a lot of potential and if this is what your album will be I'll definitely download it

Edited:

Update on my piece for the FP album collaborative:
    Listen to Soundcloud recording

http://soundcloud.com/trlechippers/underground

It's more or less done now, only needs a bit of EQ'ing.
    This one is really nice too, nice strings but maybe the low end is a bit iffy at the start

Edited:

Nice composition but if the acoustic is the only or at least the main instrument in the track then I think it needs more stereo width, a bit more reverb (but not much at ALL, just enough to lend it a bit more character), the low end needs to be brought up - generally that's a big no with acoustic guitars when they sit with other things in a mix but as it's running solo you can afford to bring it up a bit. At the moment its quite a sharp edgy sound I think, which could do with a bit of curbing. The first track suffers from this a lot more than the second though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #6273
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    oh right the album collab
    still havent finished that
    should prob finish it

34. Post #6274
    March 2009
    2,489 Posts
    I think having the vocals being more distinct and less soaked in reverb (while still keeping them low in the mix) would add a lot to the overall feel of this song, right now too mcuh is reverb'd which makes it all sound too distant, I think the kick sounds mighty fine with the reverb and should be a tad louder though.
    I think this is the second time i've noticed this problem with your vocal mixing. It's too indistinct and washy, too much reverb involved and not defined enough. That said I totally understand the idea behind it, which is to keep the vocals more as an instrument then as a leading mechanism, similar to how latter day Talk Talk did it or some other post rock outfits that I know of.

If I were you I'd push the reverb back a bit, and lower its volume instead. Maybe experiment with delays if you want that "other end of a cathedral" feel. As for the guitars, push them back a little too to make it more even.
    Thank you both for the suggestions! Unfortunately, I recorded those vocals with reverb, meaning I can't remove it. Right now, I'm pretty sick and tired so I won't be able to change them just yet, but I can definitely see the problems you are pointing out. I've already fixed the mixing with the guitar and the viola plucks, now all I have to do is to "not be sick".

35. Post #6275
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

36. Post #6276
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    2,828 Posts
    still working on the verses
    i have them written but i hate them
    wish i was a better lyricist

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kohq021qyz...winmoonsky.mp3

Edited:

really liked this, very dreamy
    reminded me of Active Child
    I disagree with the note about reverb on the voice, I like it
    but i know nothing about mixing so don't listen to me

Edited:

I really liked this one, but I kept hoping a beat would come in
    Very calming though, should probably try it with that rainymood site
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

37. Post #6277
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    399 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)