1. Post #3801
    August 2008
    1,542 Posts
    Since I kinda got ignored in the musicians off-topic thread, I'll try here:

I'm working on an EP and it would be fun to make one song on it a collaboration with someone (and collabs are a fun thing to do anyway). Anybody up for it? I'm using FL Studio 10.0.9.

Here are some examples of what I have so far:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

2. Post #3802
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    i could put some guitar on that first track. i'm getting a motorik vibe from it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #3803
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    2,187 Posts
    Been playing with massive as usual.. It's a dubstep synth but I'm feeling it could be good for some DnB, thoughts?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #3804
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,703 Posts
    -removed-

Experimenting with tempo automation, however the song actually came out sounding pretty cool, anyone think I should continue it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #3805
    August 2008
    1,542 Posts
    i could put some guitar on that first track. i'm getting a motorik vibe from it
    The chiptuneish one? It's kinda unfinished yet, but it could be cool to get some guitars on it! I'll get back to you once I've got the compositon sorted out if thats okay
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

6. Post #3806
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    Since I kinda got ignored in the musicians off-topic thread, I'll try here:
    The midnight cruise one's pretty cool

Edited:

I know now why resampling is incredibly useful!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #3807
    November 2005
    97 Posts
    something I came up with last night, not sure if I'll do much more to it. I usually lose the inspiration to finish anything after I leave it for a little while.

didnt really do much in the way of mixing it, i just exported the midi and converted it to mp3.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #3808
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    The chiptuneish one? It's kinda unfinished yet, but it could be cool to get some guitars on it! I'll get back to you once I've got the compositon sorted out if thats okay
    of course

9. Post #3809
    January 2009
    1,252 Posts
    A prog trance WIP, I'm liking how it's coming along so far. Should be done fairly soon.

You may notice some white noise coming in for like 1/10th of a second sometimes at strange places, this is just a minor error and wasn't intended.

------------------------

Edited:

I think the composition is decent but I think a few of the synths sound much better than others, the synth that is at 0:44, the one that sounds like the alarm, IMO sounds a bit ameteur compared to some of the other synths. Other than that I think the other synths sound pretty good, the drums seem good but the kick seems to be a bit lost in the mix when the bass comes in.

Experimenting with tempo automation, however the song actually came out sounding pretty cool, anyone think I should continue it?
    I think it sounds pretty good though I think the reverb could be lowered a tiny bit on the main synth. I like it when the kicks come in, though I think you should bring down the really high frequencies a bit on the lead synth as it seems to be a bit screechy at times.

something I came up with last night, not sure if I'll do much more to it. I usually lose the inspiration to finish anything after I leave it for a little while.

didnt really do much in the way of mixing it, i just exported the midi and converted it to mp3.

Sounds good, it reminds me of Guile's theme. I really like the drums.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #3810
    December 2008
    5,703 Posts

Been expanding on the one I posted before, IMO it's sounding really cool, just think I should add some orchestral-sounding instruments, what do you guys think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #3811
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    976 Posts
    Welp, started recording my first serious-ish metal piece.
    No bass and producing yet applied, and that's about a half song now. I'd really appreciate the feedback. :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #3812
    Dennab
    March 2010
    2,002 Posts
    Could anyone with decent knowledge of music theory (i.e. just familiar with chords, notes, etc) tell me if this melody is "in key?" It sounds like the progression is fluent enough, but I'm not too sure.

Not even a reply, maybe just rate agree if it's in key, disagree, if the notes sound off?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #3813
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,740 Posts

Been expanding on the one I posted before, IMO it's sounding really cool, just think I should add some orchestral-sounding instruments, what do you guys think?
    Someones been listening to a whole lot of deadmau5

I tried to recreate the synth from that song too but it's fucking impossible i swear
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #3814
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,505 Posts
    Could anyone with decent knowledge of music theory (i.e. just familiar with chords, notes, etc) tell me if this melody is "in key?" It sounds like the progression is fluent enough, but I'm not too sure.

Not even a reply, maybe just rate agree if it's in key, disagree, if the notes sound off?
    are the notes in the melody part of their respective chords in the progression?

i mean the notes in the melody are being played on the same beat as the chords, so it seems like the melody is in key and just expanding on the chords in the progression.

house and electronica arent really my bag but everything sounds okay. just take my stoned-off-my-ass opinion with a flat of salt

15. Post #3815
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    I started another electro house

Edited:

Someones been listening to a whole lot of deadmau5

I tried to recreate the synth from that song too but it's fucking impossible i swear
    Which one? I'm curious

16. Post #3816
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,740 Posts
    I started another electro house

Edited:

I knew someone would ask.

It's Get in the cart, pig

Which one? I'm curious
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #3817
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts

sounds fine, i don't hear anything particularly "wrong"

18. Post #3818
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,262 Posts

your mixdowns are improving alot sixpence, good work on the 1:34 ish area, which sounds pretty clean there

also further work on the tune. cnc please
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

19. Post #3819
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #3820
    October 2009
    1,732 Posts
    Anyone know how to export Musescore files to an image file as opposed to an XPS file?

21. Post #3821
    December 2008
    5,703 Posts
    -snip-

22. Post #3822
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,594 Posts

your mixdowns are improving alot sixpence, good work on the 1:34 ish area, which sounds pretty clean there

also further work on the tune. cnc please
    This is music for How It's Built stuff.

Edited:

Try switching the 2nd with the 3rd chord, see if that works.

Also, I expected something else. Your thing goes 4 3 1 2, 4 5 6 7 (in terms of chord progression, can't name them, just ordered them from 1 to 7 by pitch). I expected something along the lines of 4 3 3.5 2.

I'm terrible at explaining this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

23. Post #3823
    July 2010
    306 Posts
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12234439/music/explore.mp3

i realize the intro is a tad confusing atm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

24. Post #3824
    December 2008
    5,703 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

25. Post #3825
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,505 Posts
    isnt that a mix of a hardstyle track?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #3826
    December 2008
    5,703 Posts
    isnt that a mix of a hardstyle track?
    Yeah, we sampled from Technoboy's song.

But who cares? Avicii is very well-known for resampling vocals, and he still tops the dance charts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #3827
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

28. Post #3828
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #3829
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    I'm really proud of this one

Edited:

still wip btw

30. Post #3830
    February 2011
    247 Posts
    I'm really proud of this one

Edited:

still wip btw
    Ya need em fx on dat drop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #3831
    March 2010
    1,125 Posts
    Rasclart ting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Russian Federation Show Events

32. Post #3832
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,505 Posts

33. Post #3833
    December 2008
    5,703 Posts
    damn this reminds me of ratchet and clank
    You were saying?

see avatar   

34. Post #3834
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

35. Post #3835

December 2011
    753 Posts

Edited:

if intro had good wobbly bass it would sound really cool after intro the wobble is just too glitchy in sound and i think that the kick could go much faster when it starts glitching, sort of like metal drums you know where you just pound it fast at 16thnotes.

i think that break is completely unnecessary just have wobble change up or atleast switch it up in melody because right now it sounds not inspired you know? i think giving more warmth to song with a boomy bass can make much good!

Edited:

that synth is lovely and i think wih proper mastering this can be a good thing hell i think that even in current position with being only one minute you have a really nice song and i keep hitting play over and over so you have succeeded in making something really good with just one minute of music!

keep it this way and just master it so that all instruments glue together and you have a hit on your hand.

Edited:

A prog trance WIP, I'm liking how it's coming along so far. Should be done fairly soon.

You may notice some white noise coming in for like 1/10th of a second sometimes at strange places, this is just a minor error and wasn't intended.
    i think if you make drums sound just a bit like real drums with a bit of i think it is called reverb to give roomy feel then drums will sound kickass i think also having claps sound more real with perhaps a delay to give feel of many people clapping but at lower volume it can make great sounding for song!

i think biggest problem is that middle thing is too long when first part is making happy melodies like you want to stand on a big field with all your friends and dance because it is summer and you have fun and dance with beatiful girl who seems interested in you too if you make first part longer and have break shorter and also second part longer then this song is a hit i think!

Edited:

Welp, started recording my first serious-ish metal piece.
    No bass and producing yet applied, and that's about a half song now. I'd really appreciate the feedback. :)
    i think guitar that comes when drums come should be much beefier like a fat steak on the grill because now it is like a piece of vegetable it tastes good, only problem is when you have it on grill it loses taste and substance which is sort of what i feel the guitar sounds like currently, it has good tone that just needs to be fatter and also drums i think having kick be more punchy and snare i think should have more hit in it and also toms i think sounds a bit weak, i think if you make them have good tone with change of frequencies so they have more congo like sound it can be awesome!

Edited:

wow all i can say is that this sounds really bad and noisy because the volume seems to be going through the roof so everything clips and makes it sound like white noise so i guess if that is speedcore then you have accomplished what you have went out for but if not then i think you should just skip this and start all over or atleast lower volume on all instruments by a big step so not everything cuts into eachother.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

36. Post #3836
    August 2009
    950 Posts
    Electro House

btw

Is really good, reminds me of Burial sort of (sort of)

My friends new track. He based it off Burial. It's still in the works, but it's mostly live instrument samples.

37. Post #3837
    March 2012
    1,368 Posts
    I've decided I'm going to do an EP. Here's the second song from it.

38. Post #3838
    December 2008
    5,703 Posts

39. Post #3839
    August 2008
    261 Posts

A little something that i've been working on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

40. Post #3840

December 2011
    753 Posts
    hello im going to be abit selfish now and just post this so i can hear what you guys think
    constructive criticism is much appreciated right now im not sure what to add to make it more interesting really i was thinking that my singer friend can perhaps make vocals, but if this doesnt happen id like to know how to make good melody for it or if i just have this as a jam track for people?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events