1. Post #3601
    January 2012
    480 Posts

Some light progressive house song I'm making, I know it's basic as fuck, but I really want it to be kind of chill.

I should probably lower the tempo to about 120-
    I thought it was pretty good but it wasn't very chill. Baths http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wheLGRop_8Y http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY5dVMZcHNI
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #3602
    November 2008
    1,266 Posts
    Got bored so I tried to recreate a sound scene of an inside of a spaceship with an alien as a pilot.

3. Post #3603

December 2011
    782 Posts
    Got bored so I tried to recreate a sound scene of an inside of a spaceship with an alien as a pilot.

I just have to ask what is point with everyone saying "oh I was bored so i made this", it is like people try to defend themself from something by putting up layer of defense so they can just say "oh it was just because i was bored" when people say they dont like thing?

I think you did well in making sound scene but I am confused by whirling wind I mean if he is in space then why is it sounding like he is flying through clouds? Other then that i think you made good sound that i enjoy listen to i think you should make this longer and also song on top

I found guy who wants to collaborate in making music through internet, it is song he made but i play it both guitar and bass and drums

What do you guys think?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

4. Post #3604
    August 2009
    3,883 Posts
    I just have to ask what is point with everyone saying "oh I was bored so i made this", it is like people try to defend themself from something by putting up layer of defense so they can just say "oh it was just because i was bored" when people say they dont like thing?
    This! Also people who post stuff that's "very WIP". And I don't mean like 90 % finished tracks with people asking for some tips on a specific part or mixing, but when people post songs that aren't even half done. Like what the hell get your shit together. No listener cares what the reasoning behind the production was or what mood the producer was in. You are only fooling yourselves because it's a win-win situation for you. Seriously, if you can't even stand up for your own work, how are we supposed to take it seriously? Put some effort into it.

:S
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #3605
    I once watched a girl get eaten by a horse and it was bad
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #3606
    January 2010
    1,131 Posts
    Been signin' meself an acapella with audacity.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55034583/Acapella.wav

'Tis work in progress, will update with changes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #3607
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,287 Posts
    i like this, it really stretches further out of the box than any of your other work; but one criticism would be that it stays a little static throughout. there's no variation, and with a song like that the same synth can become boring all to quickly

try building the track up over time by making the synth slowly get heavier and heavier, or more epic or whatever
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #3608
    January 2012
    480 Posts

9. Post #3609
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts

I'm working my ass off on this project, I'm kind of proud of it in my opinion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #3610

December 2011
    782 Posts
    I thought it was really fun. The drums were pretty cool.

Any c&c?
    I like this song only thing I think is not good really is midpart it comes suddenly and sounds like you just said oh no I need section in middle to make break, I think that section can be removed from song and still have it sound good

I think collab song is getting closer to sounding finished i put my guitaring in left and hes playing in right and also mastering is alot of fun i hope it sounds good to you guys
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

11. Post #3611
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    3,884 Posts
    I thought it was really fun. The drums were pretty cool.

Any c&c?
    command and conquer? yeah i do , right here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #3612
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    When I first lurked here, I thought people were talking about choices and consequences from crpgs.

13. Post #3613
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,287 Posts
    I like this song only thing I think is not good really is midpart it comes suddenly and sounds like you just said oh no I need section in middle to make break, I think that section can be removed from song and still have it sound good

I think collab song is getting closer to sounding finished i put my guitaring in left and hes playing in right and also mastering is alot of fun i hope it sounds good to you guys
    your kicks are sounding alot better. perhaps compress it a tiny bit more, and bring the snare out quite a bit more. then get some awesome vocals over the top and you have yourself a hit!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #3614
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    Too much nostalgia.

15. Post #3615

December 2011
    782 Posts
    your kicks are sounding alot better. perhaps compress it a tiny bit more, and bring the snare out quite a bit more. then get some awesome vocals over the top and you have yourself a hit!
    Thank you! I have now made compression on kick and brought up snare a bit too, There will be good vocals on top of this my friend who made riff will do both vocals and also solo in part where i play with cymbals like they are meant to be beaten to death
    i also made new recording of drums, it is pretty much same as old but now i tried with more dynamics in how i hit.

16. Post #3616
    January 2010
    1,131 Posts
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55034583/BowWow.wav

Also here's a short musical loop I made.

Edited:

Just as I was going to export the song into wav for a second time at a lower volume (because I noticed some slight distortion in the track) I went back to my save and it was from hours earlier. The old version doesn't sound nearly as good.

What I'm getting at is if someone could be so good as to fix the minor amounts of distortion in this wav, I would appreciate it, as audio editing is not necessarily my strong point.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #3617
    January 2012
    480 Posts
    I'm trying to make a dubstep type thing. Is it any good? What can I do to ameliorate it?

Edit: Oh why not: this too

18. Post #3618
    November 2008
    1,266 Posts
    I've been really wanting to get into soundtrack/percussion music.

19. Post #3619
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,602 Posts

Based on generic dirty dutch. Plan to make it a banger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Winner Winner x 3Artistic Artistic x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #3620
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts

21. Post #3621
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts

new song ive been working on. lemme know if the very last part (different rendition of the chorus) seems a little contrived, aside from the fact that i kinda fucked it up. also don't worry, ill start recording good-sounding music as soon as i figure out how to work my recently-discovered 8-track recorder. in the meantime, chill out and listen to some music

22. Post #3622
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts

Based on generic dirty dutch. Plan to make it a banger.
    Great work as always, Blah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #3623
    November 2007
    7,287 Posts

new song ive been working on. lemme know if the very last part (different rendition of the chorus) seems a little contrived, aside from the fact that i kinda fucked it up. also don't worry, ill start recording good-sounding music as soon as i figure out how to work my recently-discovered 8-track recorder. in the meantime, chill out and listen to some music
    i like this, but you and i know that the recording isnt exactly super high quality. it's difficult to kinda give any advice since the only thing i can think of is to just simply record it with something better, soundproof or just get rid of the white noise in the background

and @ dead madman, very high quality. reminds me alot of zedd though it is a bit slow getting there

now for my track. whey hey
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #3624

December 2011
    391 Posts

any c&c? it's just a little preview

25. Post #3625
    November 2007
    7,287 Posts

any c&c? it's just a little preview
    this is nice (and i can tell you're probably starting out), but try keeping the notes in similar and harmonizing keys, and make sure that the levels dont overpower eachother out (so play around with the volumes a bit)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #3626
    Dennab
    March 2010
    2,002 Posts
    Electro House drops pissing me off, had to whip up some quick house:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

27. Post #3627

December 2011
    391 Posts
    this is nice (and i can tell you're probably starting out), but try keeping the notes in similar and harmonizing keys, and make sure that the levels dont overpower eachother out (so play around with the volumes a bit)
    thanks! yeah i was wondering about the volumes, i'll try to fix that. what part of the melody was off?

28. Post #3628
    November 2007
    7,287 Posts
    thanks! yeah i was wondering about the volumes, i'll try to fix that. what part of the melody was off?
    i dunno, the second note of the melody sounds off. or maybe its that synth thats out of tune with the others, i really dont know but it just sounds off to me :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #3629

December 2011
    782 Posts

there is not alot i can say about this except this makes me happy and i know this is just sort of preview or wip but i think you should continue on this, if you want constructive critism i say continue with what you have done here because it works alot.

today i listened to napalm death and this is my rendition of black metal sort of i think maybe have one more chorus at end (it is riff at end that is chorus) and then fade out like i do now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #3630

December 2011
    391 Posts

worked on it a little. tried to mess with the volumes a bit, hopefully it's a little better

31. Post #3631
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts

I would do anything to hear a full version of that

Edited:

^Hurr look at me being all Cruma teasing you by fading out the good bit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #3632
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

33. Post #3633
    December 2008
    5,708 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #3634
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    7,851 Posts
    Enough electro have some Neu!

Basically I was listening to the first Neu CD today and thought hey I might try doing a Hallogallo inspired song like Porcupine Tree did

it ended up pretty much a carbon copy of Hallogallo and I haven't finished but for a rush job I think it's pri cool, have to turn it up though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events

35. Post #3635
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    6,509 Posts
    i like this, but you and i know that the recording isnt exactly super high quality. it's difficult to kinda give any advice since the only thing i can think of is to just simply record it with something better, soundproof or just get rid of the white noise in the background
    thanks, and once again, im gonna be using an 8-track recorder for any future recordings. the audio isn't the greatest quality but you should still be well able to give me some criticism based on the song itself.

36. Post #3636
    April 2010
    7,682 Posts

Even though I really like this song, I'm not going to bother with a thread. How did I do with thins one?

37. Post #3637
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #3638
    May 2010
    758 Posts
    The drums are really, really off time.

Edited:

Every day is a nice day to hear some good house.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #3639

December 2011
    782 Posts

Even though I really like this song, I'm not going to bother with a thread. How did I do with thins one?
    I think buildup or intro is much too long i felt need to do something else after one minute so maybe cut out intro so main song comes in at say 40 seconds and have intro come back later in latter part of song almost like you do now but as way of building up last part?

I worked more on song today mostly with intro and outro, now buildup in intro and breakdown in outro and also new solo at end that is not really audible. What do you people think?

40. Post #3640

December 2011
    391 Posts
    worked on a lead melody, any c&c?

not sure how to approach the intro, advice on that would be appreciated

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)