1. Post #1361
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Turkey Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #1362
    werewolf and flames are cool guys
    December 2011
    5,459 Posts
    CS:CZ Deleted Scenes:
    The 1st mission:
    1st killed the sniper
    2nd the sniper gets killed.

Im not having any luck in that game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

3. Post #1363
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,319 Posts
    The fuck are you talking about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #1364
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,454 Posts
    The stalker scream startles me and makes my ears bleed.

The Radio is just goddamned creepy.
    I once made a scary map (or tried to) and had a stalker scream set to play when the player passed a trigger. Testing the map a little later, I had completely forgotten about the trigger. Man did I almost shit my pants there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 36Winner Winner x 4 (list)

5. Post #1365
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,895 Posts
    I wonder why in EP1/2, G-Man doesn't carry his iconic briefcase?
    He forgot it on the train...

Hopefully it's in the lost and found..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #1366
    Fire Fucker
    March 2011
    2,501 Posts
    I didn't catch the symbolism of the empty playground in the beginning of HL2 with the faint kid's voices until my most recent playthrough.

I guess I just assumed the game had no kids because most shooters don't have kids, but it's explained canonically because of the supression field.
    I always assumed that the reason there are no children or elderly people shown is because the early overwatch or soldiers swept and killed them all and only kept people who would be useful on labor lines alive. Pretty much like a concentration camp, except the camp is the whole planet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #1367
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,865 Posts
    I always assumed that the reason there are no children or elderly people shown is because the early overwatch or soldiers swept and killed them all and only kept people who would be useful on labor lines alive. Pretty much like a concentration camp, except the camp is the whole planet.
    But then all the adults die out and there wouldn't be anyone left because they killed the children.

8. Post #1368
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    6,122 Posts
    But then all the adults die out and there wouldn't be anyone left because they killed the children.
    They would turn everyone into stalkers and soldiers before that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #1369
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,319 Posts
    HL2 has a lot of Holocaust elements.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 22 (list)

10. Post #1370
    Ynop sdrawkcab
    March 2009
    1,078 Posts
    HL2 has a lot of Holocaust elements.
    What
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13 (list)

11. Post #1371
    :)
    December 2011
    704 Posts
    Systematic murdering. Tons of it in the Half-Life universe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

12. Post #1372
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,454 Posts
    Really? The whole deporting people by train to a place where they will be mutilated, turned into stalkers (humans that are practically skin and bone) and work under slave conditions? And systematically raiding entire building blocks, beating up suspects, detaining people. There are plenty of holocaust/nazi Germany allegories. It was a lot more obvious in much of the scrapped material, where the Overwatch forces practically wore nazi uniforms, but it's still there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

13. Post #1373
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,648 Posts
    Whenever I first played the raid on the citizen block reminded me of razzias so much
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #1374
    April 2009
    2,823 Posts
    It was a lot more obvious in much of the scrapped material, where the Overwatch forces practically wore nazi uniforms, but it's still there.
    I don't recall the combine wearing Nazi uniforms in the scrapped material at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Informative Informative x 2 (list)

15. Post #1375
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,677 Posts
    I don't recall the combine wearing Nazi uniforms in the scrapped material at all.
    Not exactly like Nazi uniforms, but they initially had long trenchcoats and generally looked quite evil.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #1376
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,454 Posts
    And it says in RtB that it's inspired by SS-uniforms, so there we have it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #1377
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,648 Posts
    Not exactly like Nazi uniforms, but they initially had long trenchcoats and generally looked quite evil.

I hope we're going to get more trenchcoat assholes in Ep3 rather than pillow soldiers / michelin men. This dude just has a flair of badassery all around him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 39Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1378
    October 2010
    751 Posts

I can't for the life of me understand why they didn't just stick with this design?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 24Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1379
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,677 Posts
    I can't for the life of me understand why they didn't just stick with this design?
    The game as a whole is a lot less dark and has quite a different feel compared to how it originally was going to be, I suppose they just wanted the enemies to fit with the newer look.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

20. Post #1380
    March 2011
    106 Posts
    Beta ravenholm creeps me out
    Specially G-man Sighting
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je2vyPrCgm8
    oh wait
    *fapping* oh Gordon your so sexy,OH SHIT HE SPOTED ME :V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Turkey Show Events Funny Funny x 9Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #1381
    TCB
    I AM A FIRE LORD
    December 2009
    9,319 Posts
    what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #1382
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    912 Posts
    I hope we're going to get more trenchcoat assholes in Ep3 rather than pillow soldiers / michelin men. This dude just has a flair of badassery all around him.
    Now that Valve's Source engine supports cloth physics (Dota 2), we can hope for this in the future.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 8 (list)

23. Post #1383
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,158 Posts
    probably the fact that a trenchcoat would be really impractical for chasing Gordon though City 17, I mean you'd be trippin all over the place in a city featuring giant mouths that pick you up whilst simultaneously strangling you before eating your fucking face, I'd imagine you'd want tighter clothing so you wouldn't land face-first into a barnacle's tongue
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 13Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #1384
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,454 Posts
    probably the fact that a trenchcoat would be really impractical for chasing Gordon though City 17, I mean you'd be trippin all over the place in a city featuring giant mouths that pick you up whilst simultaneously strangling you before eating your fucking face, I'd imagine you'd want tighter clothing so you wouldn't land face-first into a barnacle's tongue
    Not to mention they scrapped the overtly evil looking enemies in favor of more realistic looking ones. They go into detail in RtB on how they tried to imagine what future protective armor would actually look like instead of what would look cool or cliche.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #1385
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    1,798 Posts
    I always thought that the Combine from the Beta looked like Space Nazis.

I really hate how the Overewatch soliders have ABSOLUTELY no ammo storage on them at all. Not even a vest or an explanation on how they asspull ammo from their sewn up assholes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

26. Post #1386
    November 2010
    5,337 Posts
    This dude is still my favorite concept combine

Edited:

I always thought that the Combine from the Beta looked like Space Nazis.

I really hate how the Overewatch soliders have ABSOLUTELY no ammo storage on them at all. Not even a vest or an explanation on how they asspull ammo from their sewn up assholes.
    They have a little fanny pack of evil on their backside or something.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 23 (list)

27. Post #1387
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,865 Posts
    This dude is still my favorite concept combine

"fuck I wish I knew how to hold my gun"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Funny Funny x 3 (list)

28. Post #1388
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    7,984 Posts
    Trenchcoats are pretty overused IMO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 13 (list)

29. Post #1389
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    1,423 Posts
    I always thought the Combine soldiers looked like gay stormtroopers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 18Agree Agree x 3Zing Zing x 1 (list)

30. Post #1390
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,648 Posts

One could easily be an asshole and say they look like nazis too much.
    Personally, I hope the Combine in Ep3 is going to get some trenchcoats / better AI (interaction with the environment, seeking cover, flanking) and just MORE of them. Whenever there was a battle between you and the soldiers in all HL2 installments, I just felt like there was a significant lack of... tension, suspense and the feeling of being bumrushed. They're supposed to be frightning, let the player feel fright then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

31. Post #1391

March 2010
    33 Posts

I wish someone made a skin of this.
    I love that design
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

32. Post #1392
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,842 Posts
    I wish someone made a skin of this.
    I love that design
    some guy on fp named snood did it once
    release is hard to find, but its around the internet somewhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1393

March 2010
    33 Posts
    some guy on fp named snood did it once
    release is hard to find, but its around the internet somewhere
    You mean this one? http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=65690
    or this? http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=62318

They look a bit ugly IMO I expected something like the beta design

34. Post #1394
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,842 Posts
    huh i couldve sworn i saw a version with the cps head instead of combine soldier head
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #1395
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,704 Posts
    1:30
    I don't know how to get it to start at a specific time with media tags.
    Seven pages late, but I completely lost it when he fell down the pit, randomly firing the shotgun.

I hurt my ribs on a doorknob and know I'm writhing in agony because I can't stop laughing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 9Informative Informative x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

36. Post #1396
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    1,423 Posts
    First time I ever played that level I immediately threw myself off the ladder and died.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #1397
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    1,423 Posts

The beta has a lot of weird shit in it, but Father Grigori sounded like Nikolai Belinski with a blender for a larynx back then.

He also says a lot of quotes that made it into the retail (although slightly altered).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

38. Post #1398
    April 2009
    2,823 Posts
    2:01 My beloved jack off?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1399
    Groovy Member
    January 2005
    2,884 Posts
    The fast zombie frenzy screams are actually 3 poison zombie sounds sped up

I shat bricks when I discovered this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #1400
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,985 Posts
    The Cremator always was pretty unsettling to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)