View Poll Results: Your favorite gun? (Download first)

Voters
879. You may not vote on this poll
  • M4A1

221 25.14%
  • AK47

201 22.87%
  • HK416

172 19.57%
  • P90

170 19.34%
  • All

315 35.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. Post #401
    June 2010
    200 Posts
    perhaps you did not completely uninstall the older files. Do a complete re-set. And re-install. Should fix it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

2. Post #402
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    Blarg haven't commented for a few days. Anyway I made a shotgun base that can use several different types of rounds. So far I have Buckshot, Slugs, Breaching rounds, and FRAG-12 grenades.

Oh and I have grenades too. I'll add them to the SVN soon.

3. Post #403
    January 2010
    9,834 Posts
    perhaps you did not completely uninstall the older files. Do a complete re-set. And re-install. Should fix it.
    Didnt have the older ones to begin with.

4. Post #404
    June 2010
    200 Posts
    Didnt have the older ones to begin with.
    That is weird. Any more specifics. Or is the model missing, yet everything else is working perfectly. =.O?

Edited:

Blarg haven't commented for a few days. Anyway I made a shotgun base that can use several different types of rounds. So far I have Buckshot, Slugs, Breaching rounds, and FRAG-12 grenades.

Nice. Shotguns will be cool on this base cant wait.

5. Post #405
    June 2010
    596 Posts

Nice... =)
    Any chance of having guns with grenade launchers, since you have the FRAG-12? And can you add an MG36 to the machine guns pack?

6. Post #406
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    I really want both in my pack. If you can find me good models for grenade launchers and G36's from CSS I will put them in my pack. I've already tried the A35 but the animations suck.

7. Post #407
    June 2010
    596 Posts
    I really want both in my pack. If you can find me good models for grenade launchers and G36's from CSS I will put them in my pack. I've already tried the A35 but the animations suck.
    you can try shortez's G36c's, they're on the first page under "M4A1". You can material hack the aimable ones so that you get four different guns. However, you must use the unaimable ones to get the ironsight coords.

The MG36, I found one on CDG: http://www.cdg.net/forums/viewtopic....7050&view=next However, I couldn't download it. :(

G36E (the export version of the G36 with integrated sight)- http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/28619

G36K (shortened version of the G36e, integrated sight)- http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/28417

The G36E and G36K have working LAM's

I'm learning to use 3ds, so I might edit Strelok's G36e with m203 for ar2 to have CSS arms and anims. If I do, I'll post it here.

8. Post #408
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    I really like the MG36 but the download link isn't there, and it isn't on fpsbanana. If you can find a working link for it please tell me!

Oh and I just added the shotgun to the SVN along with a few other minor changes. It's not done so expect a few bugs.
    Known bugs;
    -Buckshot pellets sometimes hit each other in midair.
    -Reloading when you aren't out of shells will only show 1 shell get inserted.

Enjoy it and feedback please.

9. Post #409
    January 2010
    9,834 Posts
    That is weird. Any more specifics. Or is the model missing, yet everything else is working perfectly. =.O?

Edited:

Nice. Shotguns will be cool on this base cant wait.

I have the most up-to-date svn and hr m4a1 iron sight model is missing. Doesn't show an error, just invisible. I hear the sounds.

10. Post #410
    June 2010
    200 Posts
    I really like the MG36 but the download link isn't there, and it isn't on fpsbanana. If you can find a working link for it please tell me!

Oh and I just added the shotgun to the SVN along with a few other minor changes. It's not done so expect a few bugs.
    Known bugs;
    -Buckshot pellets sometimes hit each other in midair.
    -Reloading when you aren't out of shells will only show 1 shell get inserted.

Enjoy it and feedback please.
    Nice.. But one word... HITGROUPS. You have it on a few things i see. But It needs it to be on all. +Update Your Svn Version Name/+Credits and You = Win.

11. Post #411
    January 2008
    458 Posts
    I'm not sure if you're looking any model requests, but i've got a few shotguns and LMGs you may be interested in.

M1014: http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/14712

Mossberg 500: http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/48391

XM8 LMG: http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/56606

M60: http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/43006

Also about the A35, unfortunately thats probably the best grenade launcher skin for CS:S. CS:S wasn't made for grenade launchers, and most don't have reloading animations or proper firing animations. Your best bet for a grenade launcher is either finding an HL2 mod that has a decent one(Firearms: Source has an m79) or making your own.

12. Post #412
    June 2010
    200 Posts
    I'm not sure if you're looking any model requests, but i've got a few shotguns and LMGs you may be interested in.

Also about the A35, unfortunately thats probably the best grenade launcher skin for CS:S. CS:S wasn't made for grenade launchers, and most don't have reloading animations or proper firing animations. Your best bet for a grenade launcher is either finding an HL2 mod that has a decent one(Firearms: Source has an m79) or making your own.
    I second Those Skins..

We need some High Cal. Pistols, and revolvers. I can work on making them and then upload em to filefront for you to include in gdc if you want me too. And while I am at It make some new caliburs, + add hitgroups. No water effects yet, script still needs re-working.

Generic

Too Bad that there are not any grenade launchers.

13. Post #413
    January 2008
    458 Posts
    I just found out SMod: Tactical Delta 6 is supposed to have an M79, but it isn't supposed to be released for a while. Just a heads-up.

14. Post #414
    June 2010
    200 Posts
    I just found out SMod: Tactical Delta 6 is supposed to have an M79, but it isn't supposed to be released for a while. Just a heads-up.
    I love smod so much. Great weapons system.. We need them in gmod... We need all of them... But noone can seem to port em. Or get gmod into smod. Whatever..

15. Post #415
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,064 Posts
    I love smod so much. Great weapons system.. We need them in gmod... We need all of them... But noone can seem to port em. Or get gmod into smod. Whatever..
    Smod is pretty original.

If someone can pack me the models and mats, ill be sure to recreate all the fun weapons.

Ive got not much else to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

16. Post #416
    September 2009
    217 Posts

Hitgroups will be included in the next SVN update with credits.
    I'll check out the auto shotgun and M60, but no guarantees that I'll put them in the pack because they might have crappy animations or major flaws.
    I'll add the HL2 revolver, SMG, and pistol to the SVN, as well as an M9 and M1911 for pistols.

17. Post #417
    June 2010
    200 Posts
    Smod is pretty original.

If someone can pack me the models and mats, ill be sure to recreate all the fun weapons.

I do not think it is possible to even give it the right code. Smod had things that if you could add to gmod would make them great including.

- slow motion with bullets.

-realistic aiming.

-realistic ballistics.

-kickass gore

all of them are really hard to add- I am assuming. since noone has done them yet.

18. Post #418
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,064 Posts
    I do not think it is possible to even give it the right code. Smod had things that if you could add to gmod would make them great including.

- slow motion with bullets.

-realistic aiming.

-realistic ballistics.

-kickass gore

all of them are really hard to add- I am assuming. since noone has done them yet.
    Gore is a simple tradition of particles.

The aiming i care not for. I care for the originality of the weapons in the ORIGINAL Smod.

Slow motion bullets are easy if the swep is DESIGNED to do it.

19. Post #419
    June 2010
    200 Posts
    Gore is a simple tradition of particles.

The aiming i care not for. I care for the originality of the weapons in the ORIGINAL Smod.

Slow motion bullets are easy if the swep is DESIGNED to do it.
    I am talking about smod tactical. And if you can make them into there original state. Even without aiming. I would be very greatfull. But I think you are overestimating your own power. If all you want are the models and materials I can get them to you easily. And best of luck if you do accept this challenge.

I do not want the original smod weapons because they already exist on garrysmod.org downloads.

If you can make a fully functional weapons pack from smod, with full features from smod. Than your base will be better than all bases on gmod. Even mad cows.

20. Post #420
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,791 Posts
    You guys realize that all of the devs stopped working on SMod, right? At least, SMod Tactical, because someone took the leaked beta and bashed it for sucking.

21. Post #421
    June 2010
    200 Posts
    You guys realize that all of the devs stopped working on SMod, right? At least, SMod Tactical, because someone took the leaked beta and bashed it for sucking.
    That does not matter much. I still want him to make them, assuming it is possible.

22. Post #422
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,064 Posts
    I am talking about smod tactical. And if you can make them into there original state. Even without aiming. I would be very greatfull. But I think you are overestimating your own power. If all you want are the models and materials I can get them to you easily. And best of luck if you do accept this challenge.

I do not want the original smod weapons because they already exist on garrysmod.org downloads.

If you can make a fully functional weapons pack from smod, with full features from smod. Than your base will be better than all bases on gmod. Even mad cows.
    The scopes on smod tactical weapons use RT cams, Like in Insurgency. Wich i already did but i havnt fixed due to lack of time. It should be simple.

23. Post #423
    May 2005
    9 Posts
    I'm having a problem with enemies using the weapons. The combine move around and look like they are firing but nothing actually shoots and the metropolice often go to t-pose when using rifles but seem to be ok with the pistol and uzi but both they and allies have problems with reloading.

Any idea what could be causing this? It doesn't seem to be a problem for other people so I'm assuming its some sort of conflict. Also quite oddly though, all of Dan's SNPCs use them perfectly - enemy and ally.

Edit: Doing a fresh install to see, had a lot of junk floating around now that I looked.

Edit: Seems to have fixed the reload problem but the only weapon that gets used properly is the UZI. So my official request is the ability for combine to use weapons as well as the rebels. Very weird how they don't just work the same way, does that mean rebel ai and combine ai were built differently from the ground up?

24. Post #424
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,443 Posts
    It sucked more than the full version? How the hell does that happen? SMOD Tactical is pretty terrible overall.

Also Generic, have you any intention to put some kind of sensitivity adjustment on the sniper rifles/ other scoped guns? They are extremely twitchy even on my mouse's lowest sensitivity.

Oh and why do the un-scoped rifles still zoom?

25. Post #425
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    It sucked more than the full version? How the hell does that happen? SMOD Tactical is pretty terrible overall.

Also Generic, have you any intention to put some kind of sensitivity adjustment on the sniper rifles/ other scoped guns? They are extremely twitchy even on my mouse's lowest sensitivity.

Oh and why do the un-scoped rifles still zoom?
    I'd like to add mouse sensitivity to all of the guns but I don't know how this works. Tell me and it will be an easy fix!
    http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=SWE...useSensitivity

And no, I won't be making SMOD sweps because I don't own the game and I haven't been able to afford a game since 2007 (10$ for Gmod).

All of my guns zoom, but the unscoped rifles zoom more because they're meant for long range.

And Dans SNPCs can use sweps perfectly because they aren't limited to using only a few guns like the HL2 NPCs.

26. Post #426
    September 2009
    7,231 Posts
    I'd like to add mouse sensitivity to all of the guns but I don't know how this works. Tell me and it will be an easy fix!
    http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=SWE...useSensitivity

And no, I won't be making SMOD sweps because I don't own the game and I haven't been able to afford a game since 2007 (10$ for Gmod).

All of my guns zoom, but the unscoped rifles zoom more because they're meant for long range.

And Dans SNPCs can use sweps perfectly because they aren't limited to using only a few guns like the HL2 NPCs.
    Technically SMOD is unplayable now - the engine update to Orange Box messed up the mod. There are some fixes and people working on making it function properly though. And to play SMOD or any of its variants, you just need Half-Life 2, since, well, it's just a mod.

27. Post #427
    January 2008
    458 Posts
    Smod is pretty original.

I could pack all the weapon models, materials, and sounds into a .rar if you want. PM me on which SMods you'd like the content from.

28. Post #428
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    I hope the scopes will be updated to rt cameras some day, so there may be firing animations while scoped in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Qatar Show Events

29. Post #429
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    2,791 Posts
    It was an early version for Delta 6, kind of like how everyone thought that HL2 would be crap after they saw the leaked version.

I stuck to Smod Redux, you had to install the maps from the GCF and install a patch, to restore your maps and the playability to that of before the update. After that, I just got tired of playing it over and over, especially when I found out that there wouldn't be any forthcoming changes.

Also, Smod Tactical's weapons often come from CSS skins.

30. Post #430
    June 2010
    200 Posts
    Updates Plz

31. Post #431
    January 2010
    2,745 Posts
    But other than that, I think its just another pack that shoots bullets...
    Why do you always say this? How about your insurgency weapons? Your MW2 weapons? Or how about your FOF weapons? You criticize people when you have made like, 5 weapon packs.

Edited:

Technically SMOD is unplayable now - the engine update to Orange Box messed up the mod. There are some fixes and people working on making it function properly though. And to play SMOD or any of its variants, you just need Half-Life 2, since, well, it's just a mod.
    Smod tactical lives!!!! http://www.moddb.com/mods/smod-dt-project-life

32. Post #432
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    Updates Plz
    No ask, Plz.

33. Post #433
    January 2010
    2,745 Posts
    All of these weapons have absolutely no sound for me. I looked through the SVN folder and found the weapon sounds, so what is wrong? I don't have counter strike. Is that it?

34. Post #434
    September 2009
    7,231 Posts
    All of these weapons have absolutely no sound for me. I looked through the SVN folder and found the weapon sounds, so what is wrong? I don't have counter strike. Is that it?
    Probably. Counter-Strike: Source is rather essential to a lot of stuff with Garry's Mod. If you see a hand with a fingerless glove for a weapon set or such, don't expect it to work without CS:S, at least not well.

35. Post #435
    January 2010
    2,745 Posts
    Probably. Counter-Strike: Source is rather essential to a lot of stuff with Garry's Mod. If you see a hand with a fingerless glove for a weapon set or such, don't expect it to work without CS:S, at least not well.
    Really getting sick of this CSS bulllshit. Practically everything requires it. I don't get it, can't the makers of the mod just include the crap?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #436
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    629 Posts
    Really getting sick of this CSS bulllshit. Practically everything requires it. I don't get it, can't the makers of the mod just include the crap?
    If they did they would be banned for warez.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #437
    January 2008
    458 Posts
    I had the same problem a while back, when I pointed it out a page or two back I was ignored. So I fixed it myself by clean-sweeping my Garrysmod. I think it was an addon I had, not sure which one though.

EDIT:

Hey Generic Default, what's this?

38. Post #438
    June 2010
    200 Posts
    I had the same problem a while back, when I pointed it out a page or two back I was ignored. So I fixed it myself by clean-sweeping my Garrysmod. I think it was an addon I had, not sure which one though.

EDIT:

Hey Generic Default, what's this?
    That would be a piece of crap. I am JJSteel on there. I hate it when people do this...

Oh and I could make a Patch/Weapons Pack with working sounds, w_models, spawnicons,ironsights, and if you let me I will also add hitgroups, which you could then incorporate all of those into GDCW and save you the work of it.

All assuming that you would allow me to.

39. Post #439
    September 2009
    217 Posts
    I have hitgroups added for the next SVN update, along with a few other fixes and new guns and minor changes. Sorry I'm not updating the SVN every day, it's just slow and glitchy so I try to lump in more content to each update. Also keep in mind that I have to balance gmod time between managing GDCW, GDC, and building.

And I really don't care if people use the GDCW base as long as they don't claim credit or call it official or do anything to ruin it somehow. Remember that GDC is meant for epicness rather than realism, and it was originally intended for cinematic purposes.

40. Post #440
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    The shotgun works great. The only thing I have to say is to make there less spread.