1. Post #1201
    Please waste more of your money changing this title again.
    August 2005
    6,840 Posts
    I'm pretty sure Scott must be angry at the Fox marketing department. They like to spoil some pretty heavy stuff.
    Personally, I try to avoid trailers that are longer than 30-40 seconds, because trailers tend to universally give away entirely too much of the story if they're any longer than that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #1202
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,324 Posts
    All I've seen are the viral videos and the first teaser. Damn glad, too. Ruining any of the mystery to a film like this would just suck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

3. Post #1203
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,577 Posts
    I've been forcing myself not to watch trailers and read shit about this movie past the viral shit and even that I haven't been following closely
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #1204
    equalize, distort, equalize
    March 2007
    5,063 Posts
    I've watched all trailers/clips etc, but they seem to share like 90% of the same footage.

I don't even remember half of the stuff I've seen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #1205
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    15,935 Posts
    For UK people, there's a competition to win 2 tickets to the premiere in London.
    https://www.facebook.com/Playcom/app_215644831786852

6. Post #1206
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,678 Posts
    For UK people, there's a competition to win 2 tickets to the premiere in London.
    https://www.facebook.com/Playcom/app_215644831786852
    Ah yes I've already entered it twice haha. I don't think they give you any transport down if you do win it though so whoever wins might have to pay a lot of money to get to London.

7. Post #1207
    27X
    Rantasaurus Rex
    July 2010
    6,294 Posts
    I see where you're coming from, and honestly I expect the plot to be a little bit formulaic considering this movie looks, in a lot of ways, to be a "remixed" Alien, if you will. I'm sure Scott will manage to surprise us anyways.

Also, the more I think about it, the more I think I really didn't like Aliens all that much. It was enjoyable, sure, but it's riddled with inconsistencies and pointlessness. I adore Alien and think it's one of the greatest movies I've ever seen, so maybe I'm just holding Aliens to too high a standard... but there's just so many problems. (Ripley's daughter arbitrarily introduced in order to artificially add psychological depth, for example. Or how Hadley's Hope never once noticed the Alien ship in the SEVERAL DECADES they were on LV-426. Or how Ripley and Gorman make a big deal about not firing Pulse Rifles in the nest and then Vasquez proceeds to spray-fire with her smartgun with no noticeable consequences. And more.)
    James Cameron is Michael Bay with two more points put into actual technical competency. If you're watching a James Cameron movie for character or plot, you're doing it wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

8. Post #1208
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,309 Posts
    The newest poster shows a quite big spoiler.

Good job, Fox.

9. Post #1209
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,624 Posts
    If you're watching a James Cameron for movie for character or plot, you're doing it wrong.
    Terminator.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

10. Post #1210
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,874 Posts
    Terminator.
    Also tbh I liked all the characters in Aliens so I don't know what anyone's on about. They all felt pretty genuine, whether or not they really were able to develop before they started getting slaughtered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

11. Post #1211
    James Cameron is Michael Bay with two more points put into actual technical competency. If you're watching a James Cameron for movie for character or plot, you're doing it wrong.
    Heh, yeah, I noticed. It's just, I've heard a lot of people praising Aliens and after adoring Alien I figured even if it took an action perspective, it'd be pretty great.

I was wrong, but oh well. Maybe Prometheus will be the "spiritual" successor Alien never got.

12. Post #1212
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    11,586 Posts
    Link to the new, spoiler filled, poster.

http://media2.firstshowing.net/first...odefull01C.jpg

seriously fox, what the fuck are you doing.

13. Post #1213
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,577 Posts
    well that scene is in the trailers so i dont think it gives anything new away
    dont really see what the big issue is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #1214
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,911 Posts
    well that scene is in the trailers so i dont think it gives anything new away
    dont really see what the big issue is
    They don't show why the derelict ship is exploding and crashing unlike that poster does.

15. Post #1215
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    6,727 Posts
    They don't show why the derelict ship is exploding and crashing unlike that poster does.
    If you can't piece that together from the trailer alone there's something very, very wrong with your ability to logically deduce a conclusion from evidence.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #1216
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,182 Posts
    Careful, something might pop out from one of those things

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

17. Post #1217
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,120 Posts
    An interesting find.

Spoilers below:

Compare this:   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwdi3azic4g&

To this (25 seconds in):   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaT-JX5r8i8&
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

18. Post #1218
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
        Same theme, and the name is "Friends from the past" maybe ol' dickhead aliens are gonna be back after all   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #1219
    March 2007
    5,063 Posts
    That was my first thought as well.

Might be a bit too obvious though.

20. Post #1220
    Dennab
    February 2012
    2,299 Posts
    An interesting find.

Spoilers below:

Compare this:   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwdi3azic4g&

To this (25 seconds in):   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaT-JX5r8i8&
    I'm loving the throwback, it is a very nice take on the old soundtrack.

21. Post #1221
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
    Watch the first 20 seconds of this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl4aK...eature=related

The high pitched "BWAAA" sound/scream is the same as in the prometheus trailers.

This video was posted 2 years ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

22. Post #1222
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,911 Posts
    Watch the first 20 seconds of this video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cl4aK...eature=related

The high pitched "BWAAA" sound/scream is the same as in the prometheus trailers.

This video was posted 2 years ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 6 (list)

23. Post #1223
    Dennab
    May 2012
    1,765 Posts
    THAT video was posted 30 years ago.

ITS A CONSPIRACY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #1224
    May 2011
    6,652 Posts
    Here's my prediction (I believe everything's been leaked, check the "Parental Guidance" section on IMDB. As such, PLEASE, don't tell me if I'm right or wrong):
       The crew of the Prometheus finds some sort of complex on LV-426. The place is home to the Space Jockies, engineers of various species across the galaxy. One of the Space Jockies' experiments has gone rogue (that little manta ray facehugger snake thing) and wiped them all out. The crew stumbles upon this life form, which systematically infects and kills nearly every member of the crew. Shaw's love interest (described as being very ambitious and such) takes things too far with the Jockies' abandoned tech, eventually becoming that big hairless guy we saw in the trailer. He engineers the Xenomorphs, the ultimate life form, storing the eggs in the derelect ship, planning to take the eggs to Earth, so as to usher in a new age of ultimate life forms. In order to stop him, they crash the Prometheus into the ship, permanently grounding the derelect. I'm guessing that the transformed crazy guy is either dead, dying, or just trapped in the Space Jockey chair, where he remains for years. Shaw sends out a distress signal ("We were so wrong..."), and that's more or less how it ends. Scott said it would raise even more questions (which could be answered in a sequel), so I'm guessing the sequel would delve into the origins of the thing that killed off the Space Jockies in the first place.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #1225
    November 2010
    532 Posts
    Hope this wasn't too much of a spoiler. It was in the latest tv spot.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

26. Post #1226
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,842 Posts
    if you think and absolutely feel its a spoiler why bother [img] tagging that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #1227
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,294 Posts
    So is this a prequel to Alien or not?

28. Post #1228
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,842 Posts
    So is this a prequel to Alien or not?
    its a spinoff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #1229
    November 2009
    465 Posts
    The Prometheus site updated with some kind of game type thing.

http://www.projectprometheus.com/trainingcenter/

30. Post #1230
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    11,586 Posts
    The Prometheus site updated with some kind of game type thing.

http://www.projectprometheus.com/trainingcenter/
    It's real short, but interesting, really enjoyed it.

31. Post #1231
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    706 Posts
    It's basically some kind of IE ad.

While you can use any browser, Internet Explorer's speed and performance will give you a significant advantage over other applicants.
    Da fuk?

32. Post #1232
    May 2011
    6,652 Posts
    Uh, yeah, I'd say that's pretty damn spoiler-ey.

I just had an idea (I'm not trying to sound like a sarcastic douche here, so don't take it like that):
    If something is in the trailers/TV Spots, it's fair game.
    UNLESS the only way to get a pic of it is to preform a split-second freeze-frame, then it'd probably be best to provide a link instead of [img] tagging it.

Tbh, I'm suprisingly okay with this...
    It's not nearly as bad as    that bulging stomach gif from a few pages back, thanks again :eyeroll:   But it does make me wonder,    just what the fuck am I looking at?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #1233
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,678 Posts
    Some extra info was added to Prometheus's BBFC entry today. No real spoilers in it, at least there's nothing in it that we couldn't already guess.

34. Post #1234
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,309 Posts
    Sean Harris is going to rock as Fifield in this. Did a kick ass job in Harry Brown as well (1 min 40 seconds):

35. Post #1235
    King Shit of Turd Mountain
    July 2009
    8,929 Posts
    I'm getting ready, just got Alien and Aliens on blu-ray.

Also that spoiler filled gif.
        Looks like that big humanoid alien and the lead being attacked by a tentacle monster coming from a vent in the wall.    

36. Post #1236
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    Great. Should have stayed out of the thread. Time to avoid this stuff for the next few weeks!

37. Post #1237
    March 2011
    621 Posts
    Watching aliens right now

After i saw a few parts with bishop and actually noticing for the first time how good lance was at being androidy i really wanna see Prometheus, i bet michael will be just as good as the android for this movie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #1238
    May 2011
    6,652 Posts
    Watching aliens right now

After i saw a few parts with bishop and actually noticing for the first time how good lance was at being androidy i really wanna see Prometheus, i bet michael will be just as good as the android for this movie
    I liked that little smile he kept doing, almost like a mechanical tic (for instance, look right after he says "I may be synthetic, but I'm not stupid").

Also, time for the blackout (for realsies this time).
    Just went to IMDB (knowing to stay out of the "Parental Advisories" section after seeing that it was filled with what may be spoilers like *HONEST TO GO SPOILER*    one female character dying when exposed to some pathogen or something   ) and saw the trivia section.
    So I'm looking through the "Spoiler-Free section"...
    "Huh, so it was an Alien prequel. Then Scott decided he wanted to do something totally original. THen everyone stopped caring, so he made it an Alien prequel again that has slightly less to do with Alien than the first time..."
    *scroll down, still spoiler-free section*
    *DO NOT READ THE BELOW SPOILER IF YOU HAVE READ "IN THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS"*
     Guillermo del Toro has decided to hold off on his adaptation of "In the Mountains of Madness" because there are apparently multiple scenes that are nearly identical, not to mention the two films have the same twist at the end.   "

WELL THANKS GUILLERMO, YOU BIG FAT HISPANIC FUCKFACE.
       Kidding. Luckily I haven't read any Lovecraft, so I just need to avoid that aswell.   

39. Post #1239
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    12,074 Posts
    *DO NOT READ THE BELOW SPOILER IF YOU HAVE READ "IN THE MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS"*
     Guillermo del Toro has decided to hold off on his adaptation of "In the Mountains of Madness" because there are apparently multiple scenes that are nearly identical, not to mention the two films have the same twist at the end.   "

WELL THANKS GUILLERMO, YOU BIG FAT HISPANIC FUCKFACE.
       Kidding. Luckily I haven't read any Lovecraft, so I just need to avoid that aswell.   

Well, I read that spolier, and I just finished reading At the Mountains of Madness. Motherfuck....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #1240
    March 2007
    5,063 Posts
    I want to read those spoilers so bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)