1. Post #1001
    March 2012
    1,701 Posts
    Damon fucking Lindelof
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #1002
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,316 Posts
    Dunno how long this has been up, but a time-line for Weyland Industries can now be read here: https://www.weylandindustries.com/#/timeline
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #1003
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,729 Posts
    Some of these are pretty cool

Weyland Timeline posted:
    Weyland manufactures the first advanced android prototype model of its kind. He is affectionately called David, a name Sir Peter Weyland had initially reserved for his own human son.
    JANUARY 7, 2025

Weyland makes significant adjustments to the David android prototype, facilitating David’s first interaction with humans. This initial meeting is very promising.
    JANUARY 1, 2028

After years of litigation, Weyland wins the David patent lawsuit against the Japanese start-up Yutani Corporation, effectively protecting the investments of both Weyland Industries and its shareholders.
    DECEMBER 12, 2029

After android regulations are lifted, the third generation David is deployed internally in order to test human acceptance of cybernetics individuals. Results are encouraging.
    JUNE 30, 2035

David 4 becomes the first commercially available model of the David series. He is eventually expected to improve work-flow and efficiency at offices and homes across the world.
    APRIL 1, 2042

Weyland makes significant intellectual and emotional updates to the David android, further increasing human acceptance.
    JULY 7, 2052

Only 7% of humans can recognize the sixth generation of David as a cybernetic individual.
    FEBRUARY 26, 2062

As production costs for the David series decreases, Weyland Industries is increasingly able to extend those savings to everyday consumers, leading to remarkable proliferation of the product.
    APRIL 7, 2066

Weyland builds and successfully deploys thousands of Seventh Generation Davids into workplaces across the universe. Human acceptance of David 7 reaches an all-time high thanks to Weyland’s highly classified emotional encoding technology, David 7 can accurately replicate most human emotions down to the tiniest nuance while consistently achieving all mission objectives.
    JULY 6, 2068
    There's also loads of other stuff I just singled out the stuff about Fassbender's character. He hasn't been featured too much in the trailers but I think it's pretty obvious by now that he's going to be a key player. Also apparently Fassbender said he based his characterization off of David Bowie to an extent, which is always cool

4. Post #1004
    May 2011
    6,636 Posts
    Also apparently Fassbender said he based his characterization off of David Bowie to an extent, which is always cool
    "WE'VE GOT TO STOP THIS F-REAK-Y F-REAK-Y XENOMORPH FROM OUTER SPAAAAAAACE!!!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

5. Post #1005
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,316 Posts
    For those of you that just can't get enough of spoiling anything in the movie there's 12 new stills here: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=88832

6. Post #1006
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,086 Posts
    IGN did an Analysis video for Trailer 2

http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/03/21...etheus-trailer

Very informative.

Apologies if this was already posted, I went back 2 pages didn't see anything.
    Empire Magazine's breakdowns are a little bit more detailed: Trailer #1 Breakdown, Trailer #2 Breakdown. Of course, don't click the links if you don't want spoilers.

7. Post #1007
    March 2010
    3,173 Posts
    So is it just AVP being considered non-canon or is all of the expanded universe being considered non-canon?

8. Post #1008
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,614 Posts
    AVP is heretically non-canon IMO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

9. Post #1009
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    So is it just AVP being considered non-canon or is all of the expanded universe being considered non-canon?
    Nothing is canon except Alien and Aliens ok
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #1010
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,614 Posts
    Some might even argue that Aliens is just a spin-off and therefore not a part of the canon.

11. Post #1011
    Judge, Jury, & Executioner
    September 2005
    63,901 Posts
    Some might even argue that Aliens is just a spin-off and therefore not a part of the canon.
    uh no because it was made first

Edited:

thats retarded
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #1012
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    uh no because it was made first

Edited:

thats retarded
    So you're saying the sequel to Alien was made first. What.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

13. Post #1013
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    5,132 Posts
    Unfortunately what ever Fox says is canon is canon.

14. Post #1014
    September 2005
    63,901 Posts
    So you're saying the sequel to Alien was made first. What.
    oh
    no i read his post wrong is all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 7Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

15. Post #1015
    equalize, distort, equalize
    March 2007
    5,063 Posts
    Oh rusty.

16. Post #1016
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    12,059 Posts
    oh
    no i read his post wrong is all
    Damn, Rusty, you had us worried there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #1017
    Positive energy is space expanding, negative energy is space contracting. Or reverse?
    July 2005
    6,545 Posts
    Everything about this is just so god damn awesome
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #1018
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,309 Posts
    My favorite character:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

19. Post #1019
    Annotated Reader Lapsed Pacifist
    December 2008
    12,059 Posts
    My favorite character:

A broken image?

:saddowns:

20. Post #1020
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,309 Posts
    There we go.

21. Post #1021
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    My favorite character:

It's a weird combination of nerdy scientist meets marauder kinda guy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #1022
    November 2010
    532 Posts
    My favorite character:

To bad he's probably gonna die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #1023
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    4,040 Posts
    To bad he's probably gonna die.
    I'll bet you an Optimistic rating 95% of the characters in the movie are going to die.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

24. Post #1024
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,574 Posts
    Unfortunately what ever Fox says is canon is canon.
    i dont buy into this idea and i dont see why anyone would

fox didn't make alien, ridley scott and giger did. its not really theirs, even though they own the rights.

plus the avp movies don't make any fuckin sense and seem to go against a lot of what the original movies set up about the creatures and how they operate, not to mention the timelines of the alien and predator standalone series

to use an example it'd be like if they tried to explain fox and the hound 2 after the events of the first movie

you just can't, it has no place in the established timeline
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

25. Post #1025
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    My favorite character:

I want his shirt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1026
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    8,309 Posts
    It's the same guy who plays the drug dealer in Harry Brown. Best part of the movie.

27. Post #1027
    equalize, distort, equalize
    March 2007
    5,063 Posts
    It's the same guy who plays the drug dealer in Harry Brown. Best part of the movie.
    "You failed to maintain your spaceship, son"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

28. Post #1028
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,962 Posts
    My favorite character:

He's like a serious version of Wash from Firefly...

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

29. Post #1029
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,176 Posts
    David, hello

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Winner Winner x 12 (list)

30. Post #1030
    September 2005
    63,901 Posts
    i like how they make him look shiny and rubbery. a nice touch

Edited:

i think we can guarantee that he goes berserk and tries to kill or sabotage everyone though. i mean it is before alien and the older models were infamous for fucking up!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

31. Post #1031
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,614 Posts
    Damn, he looks so... lifeless in that preview image. Awesome.

32. Post #1032
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,316 Posts
    That was awesome.

Edited:

I remember back when word first got out he was playing an android. I thought it was a spoiler since i assumed they'd be going the Alien 1 route. I think it's safe to say that's not the case.

33. Post #1033
    September 2005
    63,901 Posts
    Damn, he looks so... lifeless in that preview image.
    i think that's the idea
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Late Late x 4 (list)

34. Post #1034
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,614 Posts
    Oh and he looks like Lance Henriksen in that lighting. That's gotta be intentional too.

35. Post #1035
    February 2012
    2,843 Posts
    i like how they make him look shiny and rubbery. a nice touch

Edited:

i think we can guarantee that he goes berserk and tries to kill or sabotage everyone though. i mean it is before alien and the older models were infamous for fucking up!
    I was always under the impression he decided to kill them off because his mission was to find sample/creature and bring it back and they were off to screw up that plan via jumping onto a life boat and turning on the auto destruct

Everything else was expendable
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #1036
    Joz
    September 2009
    2,367 Posts
    Did you noticed paint brush from Photoshop when there's his name writing on?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #1037
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,760 Posts
    David, hello

oh shit now I'm really pumped

I think I'm just in manlove with Fassbender

38. Post #1038
    Stay Rusty
    April 2005
    12,316 Posts
    https://www.weylandindustries.com/site/david

more david viral.

Edited:

So much RESTRICTED shit on that navigation bar at the top. Hell of a viral campaign.

Edited:

Dunno if i posted it yet but here's the 2nd viral site: http://www.projectprometheus.com/

39. Post #1039
    September 2005
    63,901 Posts
    theyre doing soo much viral shit for this movie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

40. Post #1040
    March 2011
    621 Posts
    I was always under the impression he decided to kill them off because his mission was to find sample/creature and bring it back and they were off to screw up that plan via jumping onto a life boat and turning on the auto destruct

Everything else was expendable
    actually i think he fucked up because he got addicted to the alien for some creepy reason
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)