1. Post #1
    I'm friendly!
    June 2007
    3,604 Posts

How would anyone make money off of this?
    Why would anyone do this!?

Yay, it's Kid's Bop! I'm sure you've seen their ad. "Have your favorite songs ruined by children!"
    HOW IN HELL DOES THIS WORK IN ECONOMICS. HOW DID THEY GET TO 17 ALBUMS? THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 59Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    October 2009
    3,454 Posts
    This belongs in fast threads.

Also, I remember the first Kid's Bop. :gizz:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    I'm friendly!
    June 2007
    3,604 Posts
    I remember it, too. Back in the day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2007
    611 Posts
    Kidz Bop 666 DEATH METAL EDITION
    Sung by kids for SATAN

Song list
    All nightmare long
    ALL of Ozzy
    and others

And the New Kidz Bop Revolution Edition
    Sung by Octoberists for LENIN
    Song Like
    My Country
    Oh Fields, My Fields
    and Smugilanka
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 42Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,671 Posts
    I have a copy of the McDonalds Kidz Bop happy meal CD where they forgot to censor the "Fuckin'" from "I Don't Wanna Be"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 53Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    I'm friendly!
    June 2007
    3,604 Posts
    Did soccer moms sue them?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    hyper-articulate
    October 2007
    12,210 Posts
    There are a lot of songs sung by kids in these albums about fucking in the club.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,671 Posts
    Did soccer moms sue them?
    I never heard the whole story, but we had to recall all the CD's. I'm still working there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Wingless is awesome. Also, View my site
    February 2010
    5,836 Posts
    I fucking hate the commercials "SUNG BY KIDS FOR KIDS!"
    I'm pretty sure that Kevin Jonas is not a kid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling x 13Agree x 1Dumb x 1Friendly x 1Bad Reading x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    14,950 Posts
    I remember the first few Kidz Bop's. They were okay.

Now they do shit like raps meant for adults and things with curse words in them and all I can do is laugh.

Edited:

Fucking kids these days man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    6,703 Posts
    I never heard the whole story, but we had to recall all the CD's. I'm still working there.
    you must have been working there for awhile
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,671 Posts
    you must have been working there for awhile
    One year anniversary is in two days, come to think of it.

Have to pay for my car somehow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,478 Posts
    Sung by kids for SATAN

Song list
    All nightmare long
    ALL of Ozzy
    and others
    That's not death metal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,457 Posts
    I died a little inside when I saw this:

:smithicide:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 79Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    March 2010
    124 Posts
    kids bop owns
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 26Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,895 Posts
    Sung by kids for SATAN

Song list
    All of Deicide
    All of Unleashed
    All of Suffocation
    Fixed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,622 Posts
    Ugh, this shit was so annoying. The commercials are the worst part though. Seeing a bunch of little pricks singing and dancing like that just makes me die on the inside.

EDIT: Goddamn, it's already to 17? I really thought they stopped at 12.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    14,593 Posts
    There are a lot of songs sung by kids in these albums about fucking in the club.
    Kids these days :cop:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    July 2007
    611 Posts

Indeed did it off the top of my head. I at least got the Red Army songs correct.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,478 Posts
    If they ever cover Maiden or Priest, I'll fucking shoot myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

21. Post #21
    September 2009
    2,474 Posts
    ruined too many good songs....worst is when they try to cover Justin Bieber's songs. its like putting glitter and sprinkles on a pile of shit...no matter what and how you cover it up, in the end its still SHIT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Dennab
    February 2009
    2,898 Posts
    worst is when they try to cover Justin Bieber's songs. its like putting more shit on a pile of shit
    Fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Dennab
    June 2008
    1,261 Posts
    If they ever cover Maiden or Priest, I'll fucking shoot myself.
    you wont do it
    why would you shoot yourself over something so trivial
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,478 Posts
    you wont do it
    why would you shoot yourself over something so trivial
    Why would you take my comment so seriously.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    August 2009
    2,068 Posts
    I remember wanting to fucking shoot the producers of this thing by the 3rd album.
    I was probably too young to be thinking about that :|
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    November 2009
    821 Posts
    I died a little inside when I saw this:

:smithicide:
    this is my favorite version of kids bop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Dennab
    June 2008
    1,261 Posts
    this is my favorite version of kids bop
    me too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,187 Posts
    I remember kidz bop.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #29

February 2010
    2,705 Posts
    This is the music that soccer moms blare in their van to make it look like that they care more for their children more so than other soccer moms by playing popular songs covered by children so that they can somehow relate to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    1,910 Posts
    Preparation of the cacao in the cream of the French of vaniglia of the ice cream

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    November 2008
    2,007 Posts
    Never head of it, I have the damn mini pop kids where I am http://www.google.ca/m/search?site=i...i%20pop%20kids
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,715 Posts
    Uh, i have no idea what i'm looking at?

Explain to me what this thing is.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    875 Posts
    I think that they have creative rights to cover the songs. Using a recording studio to record songs already written with a chorus of children doesn't take much time or effort, I'm thinking that it's incredibly cheap to produce the music. Producing CDs isn't really expensive either.

The $15 CD cost covers a shitload of CDs while still maintaining profit, so the few people that buy it, either retarded grandparents or really weird families, are keeping it aloft.

Edited:

Uh, i have no idea what i'm looking at?

Explain to me what this thing is.
    A chorus of children covers top 20 hits. Release on CD. Profit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    5,073 Posts
    Luckily for me, my music is TOO OBSCURE :c00lbert: to be ruined by children.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    August 2009
    585 Posts
    I could never understand why anybody would want to pay for what basically amounts to karaoke.

36. Post #36
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,352 Posts
    aphex twin by Kid's Bop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,424 Posts
    I used to love this shit when I was young, thinking about it, I have no idea how I liked it so much. Its complete shit.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    523 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    November 2009
    665 Posts
    Should I feel that I'm missing out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    17,102 Posts
    zeebiedeebie posted:
    HOW IN HELL DOES THIS WORK IN ECONOMICS. HOW DID THEY GET TO 17 ALBUMS? THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN.
    a perpetuating market with a constant supply of new hits and extremely low costs (considering you can pay children next to nothing to sing, and a cd costs about 26 cents to manufacture)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)