1. Post #2201
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    5,862 Posts
    Welp, I just got ending 2 and oh boy. Truly amazing mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2202
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,651 Posts
    HAha, I'm a moron. I dropped the key.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #2203
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    I'm currently stuck at the    boss fight on the roofs after the park. What happens if you kill it? I could never do it so I ended up just clicking escape, but I'm so wounded at that point that I just die outside.   
       Killing it is part of the requirements for the good endings.   

Edited:

Alright, I've finished all four main endings. How do you get    the joke ending   ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #2204
    January 2010
    949 Posts
    also simon

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 20Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #2205
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,899 Posts
    Alright, I've finished all four main endings. How do you get    the joke ending   ?
    Someone posted all the unlockables a few pages back, let me see if I can find it.

edit:

I think that you have to    put the secret package you get into a certain bright yellow deliver box towards the end of the game. I'll see if I can find the post that was more specific.   

edit:

Ah, here we are.

I also know    where to deliver the package now, in the yellow mail box next to the bus stop near the college   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

6. Post #2206
    October 2011
    197 Posts
    I haven't seen a Source mod which    makes walls twist and do shit like that in the ending   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #2207
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    I haven't seen a Source mod which    makes walls twist and do shit like that in the ending   
    Yeah that was pretty fucking awesome.

In general I find Source to be kind of bland. Glad they used goldsrc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #2208
    February 2009
    3,882 Posts
    goldsrc gives me a warm fuzzy feeling
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

9. Post #2209
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,409 Posts
    should i give the     doctor the gun?   

10. Post #2210
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    5,862 Posts
    should i give the     doctor the gun?   
    Save to a diffirent slot before you decide. It affects the ending you get
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

11. Post #2211
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,409 Posts
        where is the other tablet in the asylum? i got the one from the bathroom     This game is brilliant in it's design but at the same time it falls in that area too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #2212
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,519 Posts
    sv_gravity 0 if you wanna be a sissy and just bash their heads in. I had to do that on coop on that level just because we had no ammo and they killed us so quickly and there were so many.

They hit the second you get near, not even a wind up- makes CQC impossible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #2213
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    5,862 Posts
        where is the other tablet in the asylum? i got the one from the bathroom     This game is brilliant in it's design but at the same time it falls in that area too.
    The other one is in a locked room. You have to go through a window to reach a catwalk and use it to get to the lower floor and through the window of the locked room
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #2214
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    I think that you have to    put the secret package you get into a certain bright yellow deliver box towards the end of the game. I'll see if I can find the post that was more specific.   
       Well, I'm at the mailbox on Harbor Road now. What happens when you deliver the package?   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

15. Post #2215
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,580 Posts
    Sorry if this has been asked already but I looked at some of the pages and couldn't find the answer.

Do I need Half Life 1 or would it also work with like Opposing force or Blue shift?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #2216
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    Sorry if this has been asked already but I looked at some of the pages and couldn't find the answer.

Do I need Half Life 1 or would it also work with like Opposing force or Blue shift?
    Get Half-Life gosh dang it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #2217
    July 2010
    1,562 Posts
    Oh god, the main character randomly repeated the "there's a key in the bathtub" and "Did he do this to himself lines" at the same time, a glitch? Freaked me out anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

18. Post #2218
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts
    I can't get passed the apartments, too massive of a pussy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

19. Post #2219
    December 2011
    77 Posts
    you're a failure to us all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #2220
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    11,196 Posts
    Try getting to the school. Sweet christ I never jumped so bad. At least I think it was a school.

21. Post #2221
    August 2009
    4,246 Posts
    alright I'm gonna practice BEING A MAN and try it again tomorrow.
    at noon
    with the blinds closed and TV on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

22. Post #2222
    January 2012
    28 Posts

Someone needs to shoop this video with him playing the first level with the big screamer face.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

23. Post #2223
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    5,886 Posts
    Where do I find the M16? I keep finding mags for it everywhere (probably at least 160 rounds by now). I'm at the bit where you    fight the first 3 tall guys   , I hope I haven't missed it. And would it be worth dumping the Enfield for it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #2224
    October 2009
    12,675 Posts
    Where do I find the M16? I keep finding mags for it everywhere (probably at least 160 rounds by now). I'm at the bit where you    fight the first 3 tall guys   , I hope I haven't missed it. And would it be worth dumping the Enfield for it?
    It's before the     first three tall guys. Don't go through that alleyway go to the one on the left that leads to a bus. The bus will have a save point and m16 and some ammo for it. (Also a note one of the fuses you need you have to jump through the window of that bus to get to. This drove me nuts when I couldn't figure out where to go.)   

25. Post #2225
    July 2010
    1,562 Posts
    Oh god, I    dropped my gun so that thing wouldn't make me kill myself, THEN FUCKING FETUS WITH KNIFE OH GOD   . Fucking terrifying. On with the apartments... :/

And I cant find my gun. D:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #2226
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    Oh god, the main character randomly repeated the "there's a key in the bathtub" and "Did he do this to himself lines" at the same time, a glitch? Freaked me out anyway.
    Shit yeah that just happened to me too. Sounded like it was coming from the bathroom and I noped right the fuck out of there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #2227
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,687 Posts
    Yeah that was pretty fucking awesome.

In general I find Source to be kind of bland. Glad they used goldsrc.
    The thing about Source is that it leaves little hints everywhere that constantly remind you that you're playing a HL2 mod, and it takes an enormous amount of work to just cover the big ones up. The little things are damn near impossible to hide, and they stick out a lot more than you'd think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #2228

February 2012
    52 Posts
    Played through it, was okay but I dident like some of the rough edges in the latter part of the campaign. Felt rushed near the end, overall it was good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

29. Post #2229
    June 2011
    146 Posts
    I kinda wish the bigass stick and sledgehammer had more reach than the pocket knife, but man this was just such a well put-together mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #2230
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,430 Posts
    Why do they pay the police over there again if they're going to spend their time dancing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #2231
    September 2005
    12,210 Posts
    Why do they pay the police over there again?
    Because if they didn't, they'd track those responsible down and beat them with branches.

32. Post #2232
    January 2009
    1,528 Posts
       Strolling through the deep forest with Tree Branches, Beating Giants and monsters to death with them while shouting "KILL IT WITH NATURE"   

Accurate portrayal of modern police work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #2233
    hey
    August 2006
    5,590 Posts
    devs stated on Facebook that they're going to roll out a patch tomorrow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

34. Post #2234
    September 2005
    12,210 Posts
    devs stated on Facebook that they're going to roll out a patch tomorrow
    Gonna get me some perks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #2235
    July 2010
    1,562 Posts
    The first boss fight was lame as fuck. :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #2236
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    11,196 Posts

I had the same exact reaction
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #2237
    September 2010
    1,470 Posts
    Is anyone else hoping for an April 1st update that has dinosaurs in it?
    Y'know, like the Sven AoM?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 14Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #2238
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,838 Posts
    Didn't thi game have microphone recognition or something?

I rembers the devs talking about how they would shout at a monster and that would get it's attention.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #2239
    July 2010
    1,562 Posts
    Okay, second boss fight was way better then the first. Chapter 2 was way short though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

40. Post #2240
    July 2007
    748 Posts
    My first is trying to install this, every time he tries to run the Setup, it just freezes, anyone have any ideas?