1. Post #1
    September 2009
    52 Posts
    Hi, i have just finished setting up my own garrys mod build server and i added the assmod, but when i try to do the command in my console "ASS_giveownership" it says access denied, but when i try it like this: " rcon ASS_giveownership" it says bad password. I have not set a rcon password and ive even looked on my dedicated server tab and theres nothing about a password, so i dont have admin rights on my own server which is annoying 0_o. I would apreciate if one of you helpful guys would help :D thanks for taking time in reading my topic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    935 Posts
    rcon_password * in your servers config/console
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,622 Posts
    Create a file named server.cfg in your servers directory- /orangebox/garrysmod/cfg/, make the file a .txt before turning it in to a .cfg file and type this in the file- "rcon_password <yourpassword>". You can also add other commands you wish the server to run in this file, so if you wanted godmode to be on 24/7, then just put a space after your rcon pass and type "sbox_godmode <1/0>", etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

4. Post #4
    September 2009
    52 Posts
    rcon_password * in your servers config/console
    thank you so much dude, i like helpful guys like you who take up their time to help others xD thanks man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #5

April 2014
    1 Posts
    what are the ports for rcon with gmod

(User was banned for this post ("dumb bump" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,256 Posts
    what are the ports for rcon with gmod
    RCon listens on the same port as "hostport", aka the port the server runs on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

7. Post #7
    April 2014
    2 Posts
    Didn't he just kinda necropost right there? He posted on a thread that's 5 years old.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,256 Posts
    Didn't he just kinda necropost right there? He posted on a thread that's 5 years old.
    I didn't even realise
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

9. Post #9
    Gold Member

March 2012
    1,747 Posts
    RCon listens on the same port as "hostport", aka the port the server runs on.
    It runs on TCP however so you can safely block the TCP port without affecting the server itself on UDP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #10

April 2014
    3 Posts
    Hey guys so I'm trying to make an entity not be so OP, so I wanted to make a timer between spawning this specific entity. I don't know lua apart from what I've seen and the 7 or so videos I watched on Python, so here's my valient effort :/ don't judge me XD
    Code:
            onBought = function()
            if timer < 900
                then lock "Viper"
            end,
    (yes I did 'lock'. I'm a mapper not a coder XD)

In other words, when someone spawns this entity I don't want him to be able to spawn it for another 15 minutes.

EDIT: Could someone explain to my why this is dumb? Did I miss a post?
    EDIT2: okay apparently this thread is 5 years old haha I just saw the post above me which was 2 days old
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)