1. Post #1
    July 2007
    190 Posts

File-Hero.com, "We'll save your files!"
    (hurr i thought of that myself)

I know this is a shameless plug, but sometimes I see facepunch in a lack of a good upload site.

(if you are offended by profanity in any way please leave the thread now and fuck yourself)

The story

So one day me and my friend Shay were chilling the fuck out and he's like "yo herb let's make a goddamn file site" and I was like "Hell yeah" so we FUCKING DID IT. So we sat there for 15 minutes thinking of a name and we got File Hero, but some dickbag decided to park it (filehero.com) at that time (its now a site for downloading youtube videos). So we stuck a hyphen in that bitch. We got the site up in a week and it was shitty but it worked. We used generated buttons and a horrible looking layout. Our tagline was the most boring shit ever "Free File Uploading!". Because of these reasons we never really got traffic or even promoted it because it sucked too much ass.

Then one day when I was taking a shit I thought of the current tagline which is COMPLETELY HILARIOUS AND NOT CHEESY AT ALL and we put it on the site. And then about a week ago Shay talked to some fag and we got a new template which is SHIT GREEN but at least it looks presentable now. And it still retains it's fast speeds and reliability. And that's how it got to how it is.

The site

It's pretty fucking simple. Press upload button, pick file, press giant UPLOAD button, wait a MINIMAL TIME SPAN, receive download link/hotlink, and you're done. Couldn't be simpler.

We have support for a lot of files, you can see a full list above. We added Lua file uploading since a lot of use Facepunchers and Garry's Mod players use Lua files daily. If you see any file missing, tell us, and we'll try to add it as long as it doesn't pose a security risk.

If someone uploaded something bad, IE warez or a private Lua script you don't want distributed, just click the report button on the file and we'll delete it ASAP. (provided the report is legit)

Why you should fucking use it

Because the rest of the sites are complicated, have shit download/upload speeds, look fucking nasty as compared to our extremely easy to use and fast site that doesn't look half bad. We have a 1GB limit for each file, that's a lot of fucking space. If you want to upload and get the hotlink for an image it takes 5 clicks, 10 seconds. Easy shit.

Why it destroys other sites:

Megaupload - Captcha bullshit, not too good speeds.
    Mediafire - Complicated uploader, captcha bullshit, etc
    Rapidshare - Speeds, waiting time
    Filesmelt - Looks like shit, can't upload same name files
    Tocarno - Cheap Mexican service

So I'm inviting you to bookmark File-Hero.com and use it as much as you can, because it'll make on-the-go filesharing or hotlinking just that much simpler. Plus you'll be helping a fellow Facepuncher out.

Oh, here's a link (for lazy faggots): http://www.file-hero.com

Now get to uploading shit!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    1,382 Posts
    Make a firefox addon and I might use it.

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,815 Posts
    Tehupload for life
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Dennab
    August 2006
    296 Posts
    I saw this just last night good job Herb.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    8,367 Posts
    Pretty nice.

6. Post #6

July 2009
    84 Posts
    Uploading a file now to see how it is.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,554 Posts
    Depends on your area and connection, I get around 1.3mbps download from it.
    If the uploader is complicated how can you even use a computer?!
    Again, depends on your area/connection and just get an account, it's worth it.
    You don't need looks on a simple filehosting site, and you can indeed upload files with the same name, I've done it 6 times today...
    Oh come on, now you're just looking for random sites...
    sup #bold
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    1,294 Posts
    I like it, nice job

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,111 Posts
    Nice, but with no Captcha and 1 GB upload size, there's noway it'll work with more people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,894 Posts
    Nice job. Your piece of shit site doesn't even load.

11. Post #11
    July 2009
    9 Posts
    Its IP changed within the last two days due to our host moving servers, Your DNS probably hasn't reflected this yet.

12. Post #12
    July 2007
    190 Posts
    Depends on your area and connection, I get around 1.3mbps download from it.
    If the uploader is complicated how can you even use a computer?!
    Again, depends on your area/connection and just get an account, it's worth it.
    You don't need looks on a simple filehosting site, and you can indeed upload files with the same name, I've done it 6 times today...
    Oh come on, now you're just looking for random sites...
    Tocarno is there because a friend made it, and it's an inside joke kind of. And I do know how to use a computer, in no way are any of those sites complicated for me. What I mean by saying complicated is our uploader is a lot simpler then theirs, it directly takes you to the browse screen and uploads.

upgrade your sound card

btw http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/file-hero.com

Site posted:
    It's just you. http://file-hero.com is up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,554 Posts
    Add these:
    Code:
    .cfg
    .avi
    .mp4
    .mdl
    I'll think of more.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    3,929 Posts
    How safe and secure is your site? What kind of security do you guys use?

15. Post #15
    March 2007
    60 Posts
    Uploaded in 17 seconds, not bad.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,554 Posts
    it directly takes you to the browse screen and uploads.
    So does Rapidshare and Megaupload. As for Mediafire and Filesmelt, I don't see a problem with clicking one more time...

Edited:

Uploaded in 17 seconds, not bad.

Damn man, pro upload right thAr!

17. Post #17
    February 2008
    1,321 Posts
    Add these:
    Code:
    .cfg
    .avi
    .mp4
    .mdl
    I'll think of more.
    Yeah since you allow .rar and .zip why not just allow any type of file?

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,894 Posts

upgrade your sound card
    Code:
    SectioN 8: he replied with
    SectioN 8: upgrade your sound card
    1/4 Life: AHAHA'

19. Post #19
    February 2008
    1,321 Posts
    Also jsut out of curiosity does the banner ad cover the cost of the bandwidth?

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,554 Posts
    Yeah since you allow .rar and .zip why not just allow any type of file?
    If this was sarcasm, I shouldn't have to archive a small ass file just to upload it somewhere...
    If it wasn't sarcasm, then yes, I agree.

21. Post #21
    June 2008
    3,707 Posts
    Tehupload for life
    It's not back yet.

Edited:

Also, dark green on black = Bleck.

Edited:

But, I can say it is pretty speedy.

22. Post #22
    July 2007
    190 Posts
    So does Rapidshare and Megaupload. As for Mediafire and Filesmelt, I don't see a problem with clicking one more time...
    You have a relatively high percentage of breaking your finger when you make that extra click. Do you really want to take the chance?

Damn man, pro upload right thAr!
    I know, right? I just uploaded it on Filesmelt, it took the same time. I never said Filesmelt was bad for speeds, because it's too an 'indie' site and doesn't get much traffic. But on the bigger sites, like Mediafire, when you upload big files you should notice a decrease in time spent uploading.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    8,442 Posts

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,363 Posts
    I used it for this:

25. Post #25
    Gold Member

March 2009
    4,503 Posts
    awesome man, i hate using rapidshare and then having to wait an hour until i can upload or download something.

and i'm not paying 30 bucks just to upload stuff i could transfer faster with a usb drive.

26. Post #26
    July 2009
    9 Posts
    Code:
    Code:
    Suicide Bomber:And I replied with update your DNS
    Suicide Bomber:AHAHAHHAHAAHAHH.
    http://downforeveryoneorjustme.com/file-hero.com

27. Post #27
    July 2007
    190 Posts
    Code:
    The Computer User's Handbook says quote:

Handbook posted:
    Shall there ever be a problem with your computer, major or minor, the solution is to upgrade your sound card. All other solutions are inferior and will only avert the problem for a short duration.

28. Post #28
    June 2008
    3,707 Posts
    I'm assuming that your post are meant to be sarcastic, but they aren't funny.
    upgrade your sound card
    funny

You have a relatively high percentage of breaking your finger when you make that extra click. Do you really want to take the chance?
    wow.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    8,442 Posts

hmmmm

Edited:

The Computer User's Handbook says quote:
    Kinda lame.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,554 Posts
    I know, right? I just uploaded it on Filesmelt, it took the same time. I never said Filesmelt was bad for speeds, because it's too an 'indie' site and doesn't get much traffic. But on the bigger sites, like Mediafire, when you upload big files you should notice a decrease in time spent uploading.
    You must have a really shitty connection... I uploaded the same pic instantly.

31. Post #31
    July 2007
    190 Posts
    I'm assuming that your post are meant to be sarcastic, but they aren't funny.

funny

wow.
    Okay, I'd rather not answer questions which have been answered in the first post, so I'll make a sarcastic response.

Edited:

In relation to what? We use a lot of different security.

32. Post #32
    June 2008
    3,707 Posts
    Don't do that. If somebody asks you a question about the site, requote the OP or answer it yourself.

33. Post #33
    July 2009
    9 Posts
    I'm not about to divulge my actual security protocols for obvious reasons, but I will say petty things such as RFI will not work. Once the file is uploaded the actual filename on the server is never revealed, including in the hotlink. Even if someone was to find the directories where the files are uploaded to, the files are of course not saved as their uploaded names, and .htaccess prevents directory listings. Those who wish to search for the directory will be met with false positives as all 404 directories automatically redirect to the homepage, as do actual directories.

And other than those general measures, I don't feel comfortable revealing anything further.

34. Post #34
    CP doesn't necessarily have to have a victim, it's just that 99.9% of the time it does. The thing with pedos is that they've been demonized to be horrible no matter what, and I don't think that's the case.
    April 2006
    16,100 Posts
    sup #bold
    Agreed except for rapidshit. I'm loving the 200 kbps download speeds from all over the country.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,257 Posts
    Pretty nice

36. Post #36
    The Mad Scientist
    September 2008
    20,460 Posts
    Because the rest of the sites are complicated, have shit download/upload speeds, look fucking nasty as compared to our extremely easy to use and fast site that doesn't look half bad. We have a 1GB limit for each file, that's a lot of fucking space. If you want to upload and get the hotlink for an image it takes 5 clicks, 10 seconds. Easy shit.

Wait for 1000000 users and then tell how fast your connection is :smug:

37. Post #37
    Sour Grapes
    March 2007
    4,700 Posts

38. Post #38
    Gold Member

March 2009
    4,503 Posts
    How did OP get banned already?

39. Post #39
    Gold Member