1. Post #1
    DVD Rewinder Whistleblower
    February 2007
    1,573 Posts
    Buffalo News posted:
    An 11-year-old Tonawanda Middle School pupil took her grudges to the next level by creating a spreadsheet list with the names of nine other pupils and two teachers she said she wanted to kill, police said.

The sixth-grader has been suspended for 10 weeks and was arrested and charged Wednesday by City of Tonawanda police with “making a terroristic threat.”

The Excel spreadsheet file, called “Killbook. xls,” apparently was created on a school library computer in January and last modified April 7, said Youth Services Detective Tim Toth, who handles all juvenile cases for City of Tonawanda police.

Aside from creating a hit list of names, which included sixth-and seventh-graders, the girl had written a note by one teacher’s name, indicating that she wanted the teacher to be killed “with a very, very, very, very, very sharp knife” and with a gun, Toth said.

She also put a note at the end of her list saying she wanted to hurt the people on her list in many ways, he said.

Police are not releasing the girl’s name because of her age.

“I don’t believe she had the means or even the actual foresight to carry this out,” Toth said. “In my opinion, I think it was a young girl who was just venting at the time.”

A fellow classmate reported the girl to a guidance counselor three weeks ago after sitting next to her at the school library computers after school, leaning back and catching a glimpse of her own name on the hit list, Toth said.

School officials retrieved the file and contacted Toth, who has worked with the school district for nearly 10 years in various capacities.

Toth said the case was so unusual that he had to open up the penal code book at his desk to figure out what the sixth-grader should be charged with. While children this age sometimes make off-the-cuff remarks about wanting to kill other pupils, this girl took the extra step of organizing her thoughts in spreadsheet form, he said.

The 11-year-old was ultimately charged with “making a terroristic threat,” a low-level felony regarding the intent to threaten or intimidate a particular population or group of people, he said.

She is scheduled to appear Monday as a juvenile delinquent in Erie County Family Court.

He added that the girl’s parents are upset and shocked at what their daughter had done and that the girl claims she wasn’t serious about killing anyone.

While Toth said he’s inclined to agree, schools can no longer afford to take such matters lightly in the aftermath of the Columbine shootings tragedy.

The girl is being transferred to an alternative school to serve out her 10-week suspension, which may carry over into next school year, Toth said.

Toth, who has a 13-year-old daughter, said he recognizes that children this age often have a tough time trying to fit in and make friends. It’s up the parents to make sure these youngsters have a proper way to vent about their daily frustrations, he said.
    *Source*

Favorite Part:

The sixth-grader has been suspended for 10 weeks and was arrested and charged Wednesday by City of Tonawanda police with “making a terroristic threat.”
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    March 2008
    87 Posts
    Last year a kid made a hit list of everyone in the grade and he ranked them by who he would kill first. He was suspended for 2-3 days my school is pretty loose on punishments except for mine... (I was #23 on the list btw.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    May 2009
    29 Posts
    The kids from Sri Lanka could teach them a think or two.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    May 2009
    17 Posts
    okay, seriously not even joking i did pretty much the exact same thing in the 6th grade for what seems to be the same reasons (hey, it was the sixth grade, i was confused!). however, i only got a day of in school suspension.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,735 Posts
    This reminds me of a prank I played on my school back in the day, in which I went to the school library and checked out a bunch of books about Sexual Abuse and Suicide.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

6. Post #6
    March 2009
    48 Posts
    Ah... so thsi is against the law?

/me frantically deletes all 76 spreadsheet hitlists
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,502 Posts
    This makes we want to make a hit list with a bunch of random stupid made up names and people that are already dead.

1. Freddy Mercury
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    May 2009
    29 Posts
    This reminds me of a prank I played on my school back in the day, in which I went to the school library and checked out a bunch of books about Sexual Abuse and Suicide.
    How did it work out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    July 2008
    181 Posts
    I did this as a kid too, the problem was she did it at a computer at the fucking library and let someone see and not at a piece of paper that they kept hidden
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    6,927 Posts
    Haha, silly school with their drastic punishments.

11. Post #11
    January 2009
    116 Posts
    This happened once at my school, I was #4 on the list. Seriously, I was hoping to be AT LEAST #2. I was very disappoint.

EDIT: Pretty sure a swift kick in the ass the next day put me up to #3 or #2.

12. Post #12
    I AM A BIG BABY
    Dennab
    December 2007
    3,223 Posts
    This is so dumb.
    It's almost incredible.

So many people I know did this when they were younger.
    Or at least a list of people they like/dislike.
    Did they actually think an 11 year old would follow through with it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

13. Post #13
    May 2009
    29 Posts
    This is so dumb.
    It's almost incredible.

So many people I know did this when they were younger.
    Or at least a list of people they like/dislike.
    Did they actually think an 11 year old would follow through with it?
    Gun-free zones are easy targets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,735 Posts
    How did it work out?
    They called me to the office to "discuss" what was happening within the first 5 minutes of me checking the books out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    April 2009
    472 Posts
    Good. I knew a kid who had a hitlist, and nothing was really done about it. (granted, he didn't do anything. but action should be taken agaisnt stupid people like that)

16. Post #16
    October 2007
    673 Posts
    There is something a little wrong with someone who makes a kill list, especially including comments about sharp knives. Surely they should be counselling her instead of arresting her?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,326 Posts
    If you're going to do this, at least do it at home on your own PC or on paper. Doing it in the school library and calling it KILLBOOK is just retarded.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    5,039 Posts
    This is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

19. Post #19
    April 2006
    2,259 Posts
    This, my friends, is why you keep your hit list mental, and never ever type/write it out. With the high amounts of paranoia and ignorance in the world, the slightest hint to harming another can cause you to lose 25 years of your life (exaggeration, but still).

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    6,256 Posts
    Hell, when I was in middle school I designed homemade weapons instead of making hit lists. I even made a .22 open-bolt straight-pull bolt action pistol.
    It was fun plinking with it. ...If I made the spring a little weaker, maybe I could use it as a fully automatic pistol...

brb

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    4,905 Posts
    Ah... so thsi is against the law?

/me frantically deletes all 76 spreadsheet hitlists
    Yes, that would count as conspiracy to commit murder.

I think.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Slovenia Show Events

22. Post #22
    Royal Flush Commander of the North Star between Norway and Russia in some other universe then here.

July 2005
    668 Posts
    As long as theirs two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead.

Be Polite, Be Efficient, Have a plan to kill everyone you meet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    May 2009
    29 Posts
    They called me to the office to "discuss" what was happening within the first 5 minutes of me checking the books out.
    Go on...

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,758 Posts
    major lol

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,326 Posts
    As long as theirs two people left on the planet, someone is gonna want someone dead.

Be Polite, Be Efficient, Have a plan to kill everyone you meet
    I think all that proves is that you secretly want to kill your friends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    7,239 Posts
    Oh wow, brilliant move.

And on the school computer too. At least use your home PC if you're going to constructively vent like this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    FUCK YOU
    November 2006
    1,922 Posts
    Death Note is out of fashion already, move on stupid copycats.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,735 Posts
    They asked questions such as, "Why did you take out these books?" And asking how my family was, it was an awesome prank.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,193 Posts
    I now realize I'm lucky I wasn't arrested that one time in middle school that I drew a picture of the school exploding.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    7,239 Posts
    Now that I'm thinking about it, I was questioned by the principal way back when after I drew some maps of my school. Or tried to, they were utter crap.

31. Post #31
    May 2009
    25 Posts
    I did something similar to that. I was at the store looking at guns, and I asked the guy behind the counter, "Can you please show me to the anti-depressants?" It was awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    May 2009
    22 Posts
    Pffft, same thing happened to me, except I was #1 on the hitlist :D

33. Post #33
    Gold Member

March 2005
    4,418 Posts
    I made a hitlist of random kids ranked 1-20 or something years ago then some fuckwit didn't like his name in the top 10 so he ripped it up. Made a new one and added him to the top.

Who cares, hitlists are funny!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

34. Post #34

May 2009
    7 Posts
    I still have a list like that... I also have pretty violent thoughts about killing people.

People do that so that they DON'T carry it out in reality. You arrest the person when they buy weapons etc.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    912 Posts
    I now realize I'm lucky I wasn't arrested that one time in middle school that I drew a picture of the school exploding.
    I drew a picture of my school on fire in 4th grade, out of humor. Boy, was I lucky to get out of that one. (I even had the name of my teacher on the body hanging out a window :3.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,091 Posts
    I love how today we just punish people for basicly no reason. Obviously the girl was way to little to even carry out such a act. The whole thing I'm looking at here is that I think/bet that their is other kids at that very school that thought about doing those very things. It just so happen this girl decided to write it all out. I mean I remember writeing out a plan to take over my school when I was younger. I had it all planned out, to who we would take out first, to how we would run the opperation. Just because I wrote it out doesn't mean I actually am planning to carry it out. I think the girl punishment is way to harsh to the fact that their is tons of kids that do this, and 99% of them don't actually carry it out.

What is the world coming to these days.

37. Post #37
    September 2008
    354 Posts
    This reminds me off when I drew a picture of a robot ripping up my old school...

Some kid ratted me out and it gotten thrown away. That thing took 3 hours to draw D:

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,193 Posts
    I drew a picture of my school on fire in 4th grade, out of humor. Boy, was I lucky to get out of that one. (I even had the name of my teacher on the body hanging out a window :3.)
    Hahahaha, well done.

39. Post #39
    July 2008
    1,913 Posts
    Even i got a hit list... Well i call it my "death list" and it's carved into my mind.

Once i get cancer or any other wierd shit i will hunt them down... one by one starting on the top...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    October 2007
    100 Posts
    You'll be in juvenile for a very very very very very very long time!