1. Post #7361
    I don't really like Diablo 3's dependence on the auction house; was Diablo 2 that way as well with player trading?
    Yes, it was just harder
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #7362
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,254 Posts
    I don't really like Diablo 3's dependence on the auction house; was Diablo 2 that way as well with player trading?
    lmao yeah. pretty much everyone in diablo 2 spent hours on end trading to progress.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7 (list)

3. Post #7363
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,597 Posts
    I never played Diablo 2 to endgame, but mid and low level uniques and set drops used to be way more common than they are now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

4. Post #7364
    April 2007
    871 Posts
    It was fully possible to play D2 without ever having to trade or do runs in order to get items good enough. Diablo 3 on the other hand is built around the auction house. Once it gets starts to hard to play, you go to auction house and buy what you need to make it easier.

In other words Blizzard makes lotsa money through a game mechanic that forces people to buy stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #7365
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,254 Posts
    It was fully possible to play D2 without ever having to trade or do runs in order to get items good enough. Diablo 3 on the other hand is built around the auction house. Once it gets starts to hard to play, you go to auction house and buy what you need to make it easier.

In other words Blizzard makes lotsa money through a game mechanic that forces people to buy stuff.
    Diablo 3 is not built around the auction house. They've outright stated this isn't the case.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 11 (list)

6. Post #7366
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,697 Posts
    The auction house is there for convenience.

However, it's a little too convenient for my taste. When items drops now, it's not "Will it be good for my character", but more "Will this sell well on the auction house?".

So then, instead of actually getting a drop and feeling awesome because you got lucky, you just buy it for a few thousand golds and use it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

7. Post #7367
    April 2007
    871 Posts
    Diablo 3 is not built around the auction house. They've outright stated this isn't the case.

Were you able to get through the acts and difficulties without having to use the auction house?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #7368
    Super Hoborator
    May 2007
    6,568 Posts
    I've just now realized how forgettable this game is.

I haven't played in over a week and I haven't even thought about it until now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #7369
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,254 Posts
    Were you able to get through the acts and difficulties without having to use the auction house?
    the entire game was balanced without access to an auction house
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #7370
    April 2008
    1,242 Posts
    Yet another day in the friend zone :(

Well duh, she's with my female demon hunter.

Female Toward Male posted:
    I don't think marriage is right for me.
    Friendzoned
    Female Toward Female posted:
    I don't think marriage is right for me.
    In lesbians with you
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

11. Post #7371
    June 2008
    4,658 Posts
    Is it safe to play public games yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #7372
    January 2010
    995 Posts
    Fucking arcane enchanted mortar sand wasps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

13. Post #7373
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    9,759 Posts
    Is it safe to play public games yet?
    I think it never will be anymore, not without an authentificator.

14. Post #7374
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    3,294 Posts
    the entire game was balanced without access to an auction house
    go through hell or even nightmare without using the AH once
    good luck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #7375
    January 2009
    923 Posts
    go through hell or even nightmare without using the AH once
    good luck
    It's not like AH is a necessity before hell and inferno anyway. I remember in diablo 2 you had to farm the act bosses so much before even being able to progress to the next acts. The auction house just helps you progress whenever you're stuck.

In my opinion Diablo 3 is more fun in the early and mid stages (I didn't really get to play diablo 2 endgame so much because it was too hard without the auction house in d3.)

And trust me if you really want to grind mobs like you grinded act bosses in diablo 2 just play act 2+ inferno, have fun :)

16. Post #7376
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,221 Posts
    Hours spent on naming servers

"Need IK helm"

So in a way yes.

17. Post #7377
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    12,367 Posts
    There's too many things suggesting I shouldn't get this game, and too little suggesting that I should.

18. Post #7378
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    21,221 Posts
    There's too many things suggesting I shouldn't get this game, and too little suggesting that I should.
    If you have friends who play it, you should definitely get it.

I've had a super fun thyme with my friends in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #7379
    November 2008
    902 Posts
    How to cancel auctions,

Open your Auction tab
    Change your computers date to a few days before
    Done
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #7380
    January 2009
    923 Posts
    That feel when you realize that blue shield you found sells for 800k because of max gold find value.

21. Post #7381
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,890 Posts
    How to cancel auctions,

Open your Auction tab
    Done
    Holy shit good find!

Edited:

Also lol at Diablo 3 coders
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #7382
    June 2008
    4,658 Posts
    I think the positives of this game really outrule the negatives. I've had immense amounts of fun, even by myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

23. Post #7383
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    How to cancel auctions,

Open your Auction tab
    Done

Can somebody confirms this works??

Edited:

Fucking arcane enchanted mortar sand wasps.

Area denial 101

24. Post #7384
    Go make yourself a fucking waffle.
    April 2012
    3,294 Posts
    its the game you love to hate
    personally I dont like the game (probably because I dont have any friends) but I cant stop playing it

25. Post #7385
    November 2008
    902 Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

General

In cooperative games, monster damage will no longer increase when additional players join the game. Please note that monster health will still scale based on the number of players in a party

Bug Fixes

Tyrael no longer has collision when he is your active follower
    Pots of ashes in Act I and vases in Act IV will now drop less gold when destroyed
    Fixed a bug where players could turn in the same quest repeatedly and always receive rewards as though they were completing the quest for the first time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

26. Post #7386
    DYRUS BONER
    June 2010
    4,384 Posts
    [h2]MY GOLD FARMING NO[/h2]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #7387
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,635 Posts
    I don't get how some people have millions and millions of gold. I've been doing butcher runs all day and I can maybe earn 500k in 1day. Really slow.

And theres no chance in hell(or inferno ) that I go for Act 2.

28. Post #7388
    I asked Obama about Facepunch and all I got was molested by the Secret Service
    December 2009
    4,144 Posts
    That happened to one of my friend i game with. I usually play games with like 6 people and 1 of them didn't get the game because he was playing Tera at the time. Then he felt so left out he actually went to buy it.
    That is honestly the only reason I bought D3 cause all my friends played it a lot over skype and I felt kinda left out. I don't regret it though I do enjoy the game.

29. Post #7389
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts

Hey look I got out of the terror of my own mind alive

Edited:

doesn't my character look cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

30. Post #7390
    June 2008
    4,658 Posts
    If you look hard enough, there's always new places to farm or power level.

Until of course the method is posted on YouTube so many times in a desperate scramble for subscribers everyone and their mother knows about it, then is inevitably patched/nerfed by Blizzard.

31. Post #7391
    January 2009
    923 Posts

hnnghh I don't even know what to spend it on

32. Post #7392
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,664 Posts

real money
    lol

33. Post #7393
    November 2008
    902 Posts
    Got both items in one day and they sold the next day.

34. Post #7394
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    2,991 Posts

you could give me a few mil so I can go sell some more ;D

35. Post #7395
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    11,719 Posts
    I've just now realized how forgettable this game is.

I haven't played in over a week and I haven't even thought about it until now.
    Called it.

D3 reeked of fad more than classic for me. Which is sad because I was really looking forward to it when it was first announced as being made. Doesn't help that half the sales are probably from mob-mentality of other people getting it because "its a game by Blizzard thats what PC gamers get" and not wanting to miss out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

36. Post #7396
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,333 Posts

Hey look I got out of the terror of my own mind alive

Edited:

doesn't my character look cool
    I remembered Diablo used to look like a man-demon and not a sunburnt snooki...

37. Post #7397
    in 2013 people will no longer be judged by ethnicity but by the anime girl used as their avatar
    March 2007
    7,928 Posts
    i thought he looked that way because he's using leah as his host but also because he's incorporating designs from the other prime evils/lesser evils as well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #7398
    If clothing didn't exist and everyone walked around with their penises fully erect I would have all the bitches.
    May 2009
    23,333 Posts
    But you'd think the evilest of evil would have more testosterone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #7399
    Respected User
    March 2007
    9,154 Posts
    But you'd think the evilest of evil would have more testosterone.
    The evilest of evil is most definitely a woman
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Funny Funny x 5 (list)

40. Post #7400
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    801 Posts
    I usually sell my level 50+ gear for 4-6k, cause otherwise nobody buys it :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)