1. Post #1
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts
    Well I was shitting around in Hammer today found that L4D maps do work in GMod with proper tweaking. I've fixed a few problems in the map, and theres on major one. L4D relies on alot of film effects that are incorporated into the new engine, GMod's EP2 engine doesn't have it.

Since models have already been ripped, it was quite easy to get it working. Some things gave me trouble, but I suspect that we will have fully working GMod maps sometime in the future. Oh, and the appartment below is missing things like holes in the wall because I patched it for a comic I'm making (In case you're woundering).

I would of taken more pictures but then the damn rain crashed me. Gotta remove that next compile
    Rejoice guys, we've almost got them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Late x 4Friendly x 2Disagree x 1Bad Spelling x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Meet the Pyro
    April 2006
    4,472 Posts
    This has been known for a while...hence people have been making L4D maps...and playing CSS maps in L4D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,300 Posts
    Good news.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #4
    October 2008
    1,802 Posts
    Good news,
    everyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 13Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #5
    Ex-Least Respected Usergroup
    June 2007
    7,095 Posts
    This has been known for a while...hence people have been making L4D maps...and playing CSS maps in L4D
    Way to miss the point of the thread, he's basically saying the opposite to what you think he is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,457 Posts
    He just compiled the provided .vmf
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    6,862 Posts

that's the exact opposite of what he's talking about
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    I'll Go all tadpole on you
    June 2005
    1,238 Posts
    Hes saying that you can play the OFFICIAL maps in GMOD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    Ask me about my 'female train' fetish.
    Dennab
    January 2006
    5,457 Posts
    Hes saying that you can play the OFFICIAL maps in GMOD.
    Not without recompiling them.

Go try it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

10. Post #10
    June 2005
    1,238 Posts
    not without recompiling them.

Go try it.
    *cough*
    well i was shitting around in hammer today found that l4d maps do work in gmod with proper tweaking.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    283 Posts
    *cough*
    Yeah, but it sounds like he had to recompile them in order for it to actually work. There's no other way it could work, unless there was some flags he could enable or disable inside the OB Engine of Garry's Mod.

12. Post #12
    November 2008
    465 Posts
    Good news.
    CIGARETTE JIUCE!!!!

---

The maps look like shit now, good job.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    June 2005
    1,238 Posts
    Yeah, but it sounds like he had to recompile them in order for it to actually work. There's no other way it could work, unless there was some flags he could enable or disable inside the OB Engine of Garry's Mod.
    That's what hes saying in the first place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts
    Yeah of course I had to recompile, how else would I have deleted all the L4D stuff for GMod?

Surprisingly it compiled fast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    April 2009
    649 Posts
    They look terrible without color correction/film grain...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,391 Posts
    Yeah of course I had to recompile, how else would I have deleted all the L4D stuff for GMod?

Surprisingly it compiled fast.
    Well then i'm not really sure what the big deal is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    September 2006
    16 Posts
    Looking forward to a release ^^

18. Post #18
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts
    Well then i'm not really sure what the big deal is.
    Never said it was a big deal, I'm just proving that we will be able to get them into GMod as some said we won't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    July 2007
    891 Posts
    Looking forward to a release ^^
    Not hard to do yourself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    November 2008
    322 Posts
    They look terrible without color correction/film grain...
    Which means they looked god ugly in the first place, you just didn't notice it because of some fancy effect on your screen
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    September 2006
    16 Posts
    id rather have a release from someone who aint a bitch at hammer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    HOLY HELL MINIGUN SNARKS
    September 2007
    3,715 Posts
    Which means they looked god ugly in the first place, you just didn't notice it because of some fancy effect on your screen
    Good point thar

23. Post #23
    April 2009
    6 Posts
    everyone.
    I'v just invented.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

24. Post #24
    May 2009
    4 Posts
    The port here is awesome and well-done, keep up the good work, I look forward to a future release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,932 Posts
    I'd like to see this released. Many people, myself among them, would love to make poses on these maps!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    January 2008
    2,586 Posts
    Hmm i know how you did these :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27

April 2009
    21 Posts
    why not make an rp like this? like with new textures and stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,434 Posts
    yay, i been waiting l4d maps to gmod XP

29. Post #29
    June 2008
    2,394 Posts
    Welcome to May, how can we help you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    August 2008
    1,147 Posts
    Could you try taking pictures outside of the apartment?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    9,875 Posts
    everyone.
    I've just invented a miraculous invention!
    A device that lets you see what will happen in 10seconds!

Also
    Hopefully garry will score a deal with valve to make DLC... :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    June 2009
    28 Posts
    So, without all of the effects and shit, they look like slightly improved Half Life 2 maps? Ugh... that sucks. Still, maybe doing the reverse and putting these effects on Half Life 2 would make Half life look extremely awesome to the max (yo)? Somebody should try it, I can imagine Ravenholm with fim grain and stuff (fucking poison headcrabs!), it would be pretty sweet :D

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,115 Posts
    If only Garry were to update the Garry's Mod Source engine to the L4D one :(

But then it would break a lot of old stuff and he would be busy for quite a while
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    July 2008
    92 Posts
    Am i the only one who found bad grammar? "GMod's EP2 engine doesn't have it "
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

35. Post #35
    If someone calls you a whore, salute them!
    July 2007
    13,734 Posts
    Am i the only one who found bad grammar? "GMod's EP2 engine doesn't have it "
    That's not bad grammar though it should say OB instead of EP2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #36
    July 2008
    92 Posts
    To be more clear "Doesn't have it"

We'll i am crazy though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    2,434 Posts
    will it be ready soon? That map would be so good for posing :P

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    5,488 Posts
    Can someone tell me how to tweak L4D maps I really wanna play them in Gmod?

39. Post #39

March 2009
    1,190 Posts
    Good news
    everyone!

Dr. Hubert Farnsworth posted:
    We're making a delivery to the forbidden planet Sceletonia!

Anyway, great. I'd always wanted to build something on the top on Mercy hospital.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    January 2010
    130 Posts
    I Don't Understand.
    How Can i use Left 4 Dead Mpas In Gmod?
    It would be fantastic if i could use also Left 4 Dead 2 maps in gmod.
    Could someone explain me how to do it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Italy Show Events Dumb x 4Late x 1Bad Reading x 1Bad Spelling x 1Agree x 1 (list)