1. Post #41
    Looks like it will be a good looking build but really..ú450 or $650 for that case? Seems a bit steep. How are you going to go about doing the wire management with nowhere to route anything?
    Oh, you can accomplish anything by throwing money at it. I assume that without the actual comptuer hardware, the setup will be up in the 1500$ range. After everything is installed and all the cool flashing lights are installed it will probably be upwards of 3500$. Hooray for capitalism!

Guess it would be nice to have your own custom case. As john edwards always says "its not fun to build computers over 1000$" because you really don't need to budget anything.

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,569 Posts
    Oh, you can accomplish anything by throwing money at it. I assume that without the actual comptuer hardware, the setup will be up in the 1500$ range. After everything is installed and all the cool flashing lights are installed it will probably be upwards of 3500$. Hooray for capitalism!

Guess it would be nice to have your own custom case. As john edwards always says "its not fun to build computers over 1000$" because you really don't need to budget anything.
    Yes, it is fun because then you have a fuckawesome computer.

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,115 Posts
    Looks like it will be a good looking build but really..ú450 or $650 for that case? Seems a bit steep. How are you going to go about doing the wire management with nowhere to route anything?
    The mountain mods site has it for 280 + 100 for the added bits like windows and etchings

http://www.mountainmods.com/pinnacle-24-cyo-p-498.html

4. Post #44
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2005
    634 Posts
    The mountain mods site has it for 280 + 100 for the added bits like windows and etchings

http://www.mountainmods.com/pinnacle-24-cyo-p-498.html
    Plus shipping, and import tax, and a couple of other things

5. Post #45
    Yes, it is fun because then you have a fuckawesome computer.
    I have a pretty good computer and I spent way too much on it, but this guy still has spent more than me. You can get a fuck awesome computer for 1500$ If I had that much money, I would MAKE my own case and not have some other company do it for me.

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,115 Posts
    Plus shipping, and import tax, and a couple of other things
    Steep, but i guess you get what you pay for

7. Post #47
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2005
    634 Posts
    I have a pretty good computer and I spent way too much on it, but this guy still has spent more than me. You can get a fuck awesome computer for 1500$ If I had that much money, I would MAKE my own case and not have some other company do it for me.

Most of us don't have the required tools to make, large perfectly measured aluminum cases. Even if I did, or you for that matter, I doubt the result would be anywhere near as good as a case from MM, who do it for a living. The 'lights' budget consists of around ú20. If you really think, that the only fun in building computers is budgeting, you're seriously misguided

Comparing this build in US dollars doesn't mean shit, as you get so much less for your money in the UK when buying hardware, esp with the current fuck-up economic situation.
    To this end, I've decided I'm not posting prices for anything in the build. There is always some whiney kid who doesn't like it

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,118 Posts
    you get so much less for your money in the UK when buying hardware
    I miss the 2:1 ratio :/ People keep on about $500 builds, I'd LOVE to be able to import stuff and make something worth even mentioning for ú300. At the old rate, that would've basically been the build + shipping, now its basically the same price or more to import stuff.

9. Post #49
    July 2008
    1,913 Posts
    Perhaps i'm on drugs or this is pure awesome.

10. Post #50
    September 2007
    2,570 Posts
    Wayhey! Glad to see it arrived, the waiting was killing me! Did my cables come with it? The logo is perfect! i knew it would be :P

11. Post #51
    You should definitely sue for copyright infringement then claim all the rights to the computer.

12. Post #52
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2005
    634 Posts
    Wayhey! Glad to see it arrived, the waiting was killing me! Did my cables come with it? The logo is perfect! i knew it would be :P
    Yup, got them right here

13. Post #53
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2005
    634 Posts
    03/2:

Delivered today;
    TFC Xchanger - Quad Radiator 480
    TFC Xchanger - Triple Radiator 360
    Yate Loon 120mm 1350 RPM Fans (x9)

Quad and Triple Rads

These are examples of the Fesser Compression Fittings I will be using for the majority of the build

14. Post #54
    September 2007
    2,570 Posts
    Join them all up like that and turn them on! Insta-hurricane!

15. Post #55
    September 2007
    2,570 Posts
    Hell, i'm going to sticky this as it is something special.

16. Post #56
    January 2009
    3 Posts
    Look at my PC that only set me back 200 Rubles!

Hooray for Communism!

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    8,118 Posts
    ú4 for a whole PC is probably the best bang/buck you can get, comrade!

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    359 Posts
    My computer costed me $1500 to build and it only has an HD4850, E8400, etc. :(

In total with taxes and shipping and extra costs for upkeep and replacements and wireless networking it has been well over $2000 if not approaching $2300ish.

19. Post #59
    October 2007
    1,069 Posts
    What are the specs of the computer? Plus you should ship it to Garry, for his birthday.

20. Post #60
    April 2008
    127 Posts
    Nice, you have a way better build than Ajacks.

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,246 Posts
    Nice, you have a way better build than Ajacks.
    I hope to god it will be, since he's got so much money to spend on it and it's a new generation of hardware. But come on Luke, that's a pretty childish post. Don't spread your garbage from one thread to another.

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,070 Posts
    Eh 4870X2s are played out. Still a nice build tho.

23. Post #63
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,392 Posts
    Whos the Mod that came on this thread and made it all sticky?

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,115 Posts
    Cosmic

25. Post #65
    April 2008
    127 Posts
    I hope to god it will be, since he's got so much money to spend on it and it's a new generation of hardware. But come on Luke, that's a pretty childish post. Don't spread your garbage from one thread to another.
    And said garbage is coming from you also.

26. Post #66
    April 2008
    127 Posts
    I like your rig, the case is awesome. I am thinking of going a dual GTX 295 build :).

27. Post #67
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    14,405 Posts
    And said garbage is coming from you also.

Oooh boy...

But I can't wait to see this all finished. Should be really awesome.

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,497 Posts
    Is that switch dual coloured or do you have a red switch and green switch?

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    1,115 Posts
    One is reset one is power, and they are 2 different switches

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    2,537 Posts
    I love reset buttons.

31. Post #71
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    7,954 Posts
    Who even uses reset buttons?
    And I hate front panel connectors. The only one I have plugged in is my power button. My indicator that it's on are the fans lol.

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    1,569 Posts
    ... I use the reset button when your computer hard locks?

And I use all of the front panel connectors... HDD LED can be helpful.

33. Post #73
    turbo buttes
    June 2007
    14,405 Posts

Exactly...it happens sometimes, and it's pretty easy to just reach over and click the button down for less than a second.

34. Post #74
    October 2008
    7,954 Posts
    D:
    Got owned.

35. Post #75
    October 2008
    7,954 Posts
    D:
    Got owned.

36. Post #76
    October 2007
    8 Posts
    Do you have any new pictures of it finished?

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,571 Posts
    I just hold down the power button, that and a single USB and SD card slot are the only things I use on my PC's front but I still have Headphone, mic, firewire, 2 USBs, every card reader under the sun none of which I use.

38. Post #78
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2005
    634 Posts
    Do you have any new pictures of it finished?
    I'll be posting a update later today, but it's far from finished

39. Post #79
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2005
    634 Posts
    08/02:

Been pretty busy the last few days with unrelated things so I've not had time to post a update until now, but things are progressing well...

Since last update I've cable braided all 9 fan leads (hours of soul destroying work) and fitted the fans, radiators and fan guards to the case.

I also received the reservoirs and CPU block

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,824 Posts
    looks really really good