1. Post #241
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    188 Posts
    I would help you but I have to get off. I will add you to steam and tomorrow I will try to help you if it has not been resolved by then.

2. Post #242

August 2008
    22 Posts
    youaremea posted:
    I would help you but I have to get off. I will add you to steam and tomorrow I will try to help you if it has not been resolved by then.
    Just incase you're still on, or anyone that can help me is on,
    I deleted the targets, the map works, but when I load it, I'm no pigeon, I wait for 30 seconds as a human, then I spawn. But when I spawn, gmod lasts a few seconds bug I get 2 errors about player spawn points and a Random.
    I'm guessing I need to spawn some pigeons or crows, and do something with info_player_start? I have about 8 info_player_starts on the map.

EDIT:
    Absolutely nothing is wrong with my map except the info_targets.
    And maybe the player spawns, but it works oddly without info targets, because without targets i can only play for a few seconds when I'm actually alive, but there's also no pigeons.

There should be a damn example map or something for developers.

EDIT AGAIN:

Made a debug map, just snow, a sky, player spawns, and the targets.
    Everything worked, but the gamemode was EXTREMELY buggy.

I was not a pigeon when I was supposed to be, and I got that lua error that contains PlayerSpawn in init.lua argument #2 or something, and I couldn't use or throw wood.

3. Post #243
    April 2007
    818 Posts
    I found a bug aswell:

If you build barrel, you are never given one, yet your resources dissapear.

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    815 Posts
    mrgibblet posted:
    Just incase you're still on, or anyone that can help me is on,
    I deleted the targets, the map works, but when I load it, I'm no pigeon, I wait for 30 seconds as a human, then I spawn. But when I spawn, gmod lasts a few seconds bug I get 2 errors about player spawn points and a Random.
    I'm guessing I need to spawn some pigeons or crows, and do something with info_player_start? I have about 8 info_player_starts on the map.

EDIT:
    Absolutely nothing is wrong with my map except the info_targets.
    And maybe the player spawns, but it works oddly without info targets, because without targets i can only play for a few seconds when I'm actually alive, but there's also no pigeons.

There should be a damn example map or something for developers.

EDIT AGAIN:

Made a debug map, just snow, a sky, player spawns, and the targets.
    Everything worked, but the gamemode was EXTREMELY buggy.

I was not a pigeon when I was supposed to be, and I got that lua error that contains PlayerSpawn in init.lua argument #2 or something, and I couldn't use or throw wood.
    This is a problem with the map.
    Capsup posted:
    I found a bug aswell:

This is Capsup's way of reporting things.
    Bugs:
    What version are you running?
    This is my request for all bug reports. By all, I do not mean none. Link to an upload of the server console dump with the bug as well.

5. Post #245
    April 2007
    818 Posts
    Night-Eagle posted:
    This is a problem with the map.

This is Capsup's way of reporting things.

This is my request for all bug reports. By all, I do not mean none. Link to an upload of the server console dump with the bug as well.

Right then: there is no bug report in my server dump... And my version is the one on the SVN.

Anyways Eagle, welcome back from your holiday.

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    815 Posts
    "The one on the SVN" is not a version. I'm irritable because you completely ignored the bugs section on the first post.
    I have only reviewed code up to r298. Issues with anything above go to Termy. I cannot determine if you need to take this issue up with Termy, because "the one on the SVN" could be one of over 300 different versions. Remember: there are other people reading these posts. It would be nice if you could give the revision number that is displayed every time you update so people can read this and realize that the bug is not in effect.
    Capsup posted:
    Right then: there is no bug...
    No log, no descriptive description, no bug.
    Capsup posted:
    I found a bug aswell:

I have no clue what to make from this description, primarily because I do not know what version you're using.

Here is the conundrum: The last change to anything building related was in r298. The barrel works in that revision. What am I supposed to assume?

7. Post #247
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    1,642 Posts
    This is one of the best Survival gamemode's i've ever played. Maw made some modifications to it, and now it's even more amazing. IT trumps Stranded in every way.

8. Post #248
    April 2007
    818 Posts
    Revision 302, are you happy now, Eagle? I was just saying it and suddently you begin to flame me. And what the fuck are you saying I ignored the bugs section? What made you think that? Writing:
    Bugs:
    What version are you running? isn't the same as: Please tell me what version you are running when you make bug reports.
    Is that really that hard? HUH?
    That would have been soo much easier for the both of us.

And now Eagle, I will not discuss this with you. For the one simple reason, I really love what you are making.

9. Post #249

August 2008
    22 Posts
    How is it a problem with the map when I delete the info_targets it works.

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,412 Posts
    Overworld posted:
    This is one of the best Survival gamemode's i've ever played. Maw made some modifications to it, and now it's even more amazing. IT trumps Stranded in every way.
    Yes, Maw's modification is amazing, but the mingebags it attracts is also amazing.

Since I'm learning LUA, I'm gonna look into the code and see if I can edit it myself too. Perhaps I'll even get a dedicated server up and running :3.

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    188 Posts
    mrgibblet posted:
    How is it a problem with the map when I delete the info_targets it works.
    Well the fact that your info_targets are crashing the game means it is the map. But the thing about the random spawn is the fault of the gamemode, I don't know what versions it effects but testers are reporting it showing up on my map too. Update to the latest version of the gamemode and if it still appears then something is wrong with the gamemode. No sense in reporting bugs that may have been fixed in a later version is there? Clearly the random spawn thing isn't crashing the map so you should just get the info_targets setup properly. What is your processor, memory, and gpu? As long as the map is setup properly then the rest should be the gamemode right? I am in an interesting position, I don't know of any of the gamemode problems because I am unable to run it. Termy58 is one of the people that tests the map and if it isn't a map problem he usually fixes it. I had to walk away from this so many times it probably sounds like it is repeating.

12. Post #252
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    815 Posts
    Capsup posted:
    Bugs:
    What version are you running? isn't the same as: Please tell me what version you are running when you make bug reports.
    Actually, it is that hard, because I've had both versions of that posted, and neither works for getting people to post their version with their problem.

13. Post #253
    April 2007
    818 Posts
    Night-Eagle posted:
    Actually, it is that hard, because I've had both versions of that posted, and neither works for getting people to post their version with their problem.

Well, I'm sorry then Eagle, I personally would have seen it if it was as I said, but I'll remember it.
    Also, yes, you were right it WAS fixed, I just had to update my version, so that's a fault on my side, sorry.

By the way Eagle, could you please answer my private message? Thanks in advance. :)

14. Post #254

August 2008
    22 Posts
    I still need help with my map.
    If it's a problem with the map, can someone help me?

15. Post #255
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    188 Posts
    I can check out the vmf if you want. I added you to steam you just need to accept. You can send me just the info_target without the rest if you want. Not that I would steal it, just if you don't feel good giving it out.

16. Post #256
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,724 Posts
    Capsup posted:
    Oh shi-

Here I thought typing out 3 numbers is even easier.

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    188 Posts
    That is what you get for thinking, get the teams done?

Edit:

Everyone bug Termy58 about teams, I will release a public beta of my map when he gets teams working, or I get tired of waiting. I move into my house this afternoon then tomorrow we get our stuff, then it is days of unpacking. Most of our stuff was broken before they put it into the truck(German labor at its best) so I doubt much of it made it. We have 10 days to claim anything so I will not be able to make changes as often. It is now or whenever I can get to it.

18. Post #258
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,412 Posts
    Taking a break guys? SVN hasn't been updated in 3 days.

Maybe add some more buildings and items?
    If you want, I could work out a complete tech tree of items :3

19. Post #259
    February 2008
    241 Posts
    U Need to add survival for the crows. You need to make it so when ur a crow u have to eat and drink and land..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #260
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,412 Posts
    stinkfire posted:
    U Need to add survival for the crows. You need to make it so when ur a crow u have to eat and drink and land..
    Code:
    u think ur gunna get dat thru by the way u type

21. Post #261
    August 2006
    38 Posts
    Hey, I just downloaded the mod and put it on my dedicated server. Only problem is that the bushes are at the top of the map. Running the SVN of the gamemode and even the gmodéorg version. Everyone that connects says they are at the top as well.

22. Post #262
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    188 Posts
    I have no idea what that might mean, bushes at the top? I need someone to host my map for an hour or two and report any bugs they find. I am about to release but I want to make sure it is perfect. Willing? The other hosts are either in Europe or "Done with Gmod". Having a hard time getting in touch with the Europe people, unpacking boxes, and at least 3 of the computers will not work so far(out of 3 tested).

23. Post #263
    February 2006
    235 Posts
    Icarus_Proje posted:
    Hey, I just downloaded the mod and put it on my dedicated server. Only problem is that the bushes are at the top of the map. Running the SVN of the gamemode and even the gmodéorg version. Everyone that connects says they are at the top as well.
    You need CS:S installed on the server for the bush model to be known to he server, and therefore have physics. Failing installation of CS:S you could just find the bush model and upload that on its own. Alternatively, go into the files and replace the model used by vines to something that's in stock HL2.

24. Post #264
    Dennab
    July 2007
    4 Posts
    Can someone make a Bird Pill or team side in a separate addon ?
    With the same gameplay with the pigeon.

25. Post #265
    April 2008
    420 Posts
    Bigger maps.

26. Post #266
    August 2008
    14 Posts
    Hey guys I have a wierd glitch with this gamemode, whenever I try to start, the vines get stuck in the air, anybody have the solution or experiencing the same issues?

27. Post #267
    July 2008
    4 Posts
    How do you get it to start? It doesn't show up on my gamemode list, and I can't use the map...

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,412 Posts
    Verac posted:
    Hey guys I have a wierd glitch with this gamemode, whenever I try to start, the vines get stuck in the air, anybody have the solution or experiencing the same issues?
    Are you damp? Look 3 posts above you.

29. Post #269
    March 2008
    1,320 Posts
    just a quick note to everyone. people are getting used with my keywords which i call:

Tribe: "team up with each other and build together and will only start fighting each other at the end of the game."

Peace: "peace with others but will not build or fight together. they will only fight at the end of the game."

i rarely see any mingebags on my server now.

ps: to all those who is wondering how to setup info_targets or need a picture of it. then you should take a look at this

Edit:

Verac posted:
    and a message for you. they get stuck on air because you need counter-strike source installed. READ THIS OR YOUR DUMB

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,724 Posts
    Verac posted:
    It needs CSS content.

Also guys I'm a bit busy, I just went to freshmen orientation yesterday, today is the last day of summer, tomorrow the first day of highschool for me. Then I have to make babies for a whole week.

If an experienced modeler can help me out that would be great. Mainly tree's, and vines and some more items.

31. Post #271
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    188 Posts
    Steal Episode 1 trees ;) They look good for winter maps.

32. Post #272
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,724 Posts
    youaremea posted:
    Steal Episode 1 trees ;) They look good for winter maps.
    Not doing warez but they do look good :P

I want everyone to play and the only way to do that is to get people to download any not source base material.

33. Post #273
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,412 Posts
    Termy58 posted:
    Not doing warez but they do look good :P

I want everyone to play and the only way to do that is to get people to download any not source base material.
    Wish there was a way to compatibility mode.
    Would I ever code a gamemode, I'm just gonna do a big 'Fuck you' to everyone who whines about not having episode 1/2, they're helluva cheap.

I got every valve game, it's sad :P

34. Post #274
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    389 Posts
    http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/s...d.php?t=589872

Edit: Releases section is down, use this:

I made a map, hope you like it.

Fog, two lakes, and a little river going between them. It's pretty small, made for 2-6 people.

Bump the thread, I only have two replies and I made it a while ago :excited:

35. Post #275
    March 2008
    1,320 Posts
    i made a nice map aswell but its big so you gotta read the text in order to play it.
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=48740

OH YEAH and Night-Eagle do i just have to write the name
    Code:
    Axe
    reagents=wood,sap,rock
    products=axe
    inside of the recipes? you know at the very top of the text file i've noticed that you wrote a name. do that have to match the label (in the lua) do you even need it?

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,434 Posts
    It's back?

THANK GOD IT'S BACK

I have really good memories of this. Fucking awesome

37. Post #277
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,724 Posts
    [FIX] Maps bug (PS server owners re-arranging the way the lua files are included
    is nessacary
    [ADD] Map prop multipler (change how many props spawn per map)
    [ADD] Pain under water
    [ADD] config.lua
    [ADD] Support for sv_fissure_8 (soon to be public!)
    Not on purpose but pretty cool, under water your camera shivers. Again not on purpose but I'm keeping it for sure.

38. Post #278
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    815 Posts
    The first line of a recipe file is the name of the recipe as it appears in the recipe list. It is not a reference to a product class.

39. Post #279
    March 2008
    1,320 Posts
    ok Night-Eagle. But i still get alot of questions on my server, typically:

1: more animals
    2: recipe saving system
    3: team system
    4: custom models (am already making my own models for my own server. just not sure what i should use them for :I as i acturly don't need it. only for the resources like egg, soup and especially the bushes (had troubles because my own server only have the HL2 content ))

-> The Maw <-

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,724 Posts
    2, I wanted to implant but Night-Eagle wouldn't let me :P, 4 I need a modeler, 3 was delayed while I do some other projects, 1 I need models that are 'fully animated'

I would like to have
    -bears
    -wolves
    -fish
    -rabbit
    -deer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)