1. Post #641
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    774 Posts
    phantompain5 posted:
    Great role play map, I'm making one my self, mine looks like a piece of crap right now, i suck with shapes to blocky some might say, what is the name of the prop in the middle of the picture before the laundry room picture?
    I'm not sure what picture you mean.

2. Post #642
    December 2007
    786 Posts

3. Post #643
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    7,708 Posts
    l337k1ll4 posted:
    Did you not read that he fixed it?
    Yes, I can read...

Did you assume I didn't read it?

When you assume, you make an ass out of you and me.

4. Post #644
    October 2008
    11 Posts
    1 Duck, excellent job on the mapping. If I knew much about mapping, I'd try to input some ideas. Some have been already pointed out that I notice, so no need to reiterate it. Mapping king'd.

5. Post #645
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    This is in production since 07'... And it's not done yet? I don't know what's taking more time: this or Evocity2

6. Post #646
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,710 Posts
    Good maps take time.

Epic maps take longer.

7. Post #647
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    978 Posts
    Hey 1 duck, you have apparently rated yourself with your alt account. It just seems like it because BigBoldB has given you 100 Mapping King -rates. BUSTED

8. Post #648
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    774 Posts
    Lagitech posted:
    Hey 1 duck, you have apparently rated yourself with your alt account. It just seems like it because BigBoldB has given you 100 Mapping King -rates. BUSTED
    I presume you have proof bitch? I don't care for ratings, looks like you do seeing someone rated you 50funny ratings with the name Lagitech v2, "BUSTED"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #649
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2008
    3,641 Posts
    1 Duck posted:
    "BUSTED"?
    Plausible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #650
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    755 Posts
    kukiric posted:
    This is in production since 07'... And it's not done yet? I don't know what's taking more time: this or Evocity2
    It'll come when it comes.

11. Post #651
    Web developer
    May 2008
    2,697 Posts
    Have you made any progress? I would really like some more updates :3:

12. Post #652
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    755 Posts
    He's having fun playing Far Cry 2.

13. Post #653
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    774 Posts
    Working on Industrial district now, should be finished if I work on it for a day or 2(the industrial dist, not the map).

14. Post #654
    September 2008
    11 Posts
    1 Duck posted:
    Working on Industrial district now, should be finished if I work on it for a day or 2(the industrial dist, not the map).
    Promise? :D
    hi.

15. Post #655
    May 2008
    54 Posts
    Oh my god when does it come on Gmod (dot) org

16. Post #656
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    774 Posts
    Red alert 3 just came in the post :3.

17. Post #657
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    7,708 Posts
    kukiric posted:
    This is shipping with DNF and Chinese Democracy you know...

18. Post #658
    October 2008
    45 Posts
    Hope you haven't completed the industrial district already, because here's a few ideas for some buildings:

19. Post #659

March 2007
    18 Posts
    Those are some great ideas Error, I hope 1 duck considers them, also, 1 duck, is there any chance of some screenshot updates?

20. Post #660
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    179 Posts
    Any more progress? I really want to see this map released. Looks so epic.

21. Post #661
    January 2008
    50 Posts
    Same here. Really good work duck.

22. Post #662
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    187 Posts
    Love the map can't wait till its out!

23. Post #663
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    549 Posts
    Been a while since we got any news, care to update us Duck?

24. Post #664

April 2007
    35 Posts
    Thank god! I thought this project had died a horrible painful death.
    Once I get a new computer I will be back to playing Gmod until my hands fall off. :3: :freeman: :jihad:

25. Post #665
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    179 Posts
    Sooo progress report?

26. Post #666
    November 2008
    31 Posts
    Any pics of the "outside"?

27. Post #667
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    179 Posts
    Still no updates? Did he quit the project?

28. Post #668
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    755 Posts
    No. It's christmas.

29. Post #669
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,975 Posts
    This is not dead. I talked to him about 3 minutes ago.

30. Post #670

August 2008
    45 Posts
    Best hl2 themed map ever, no other map has been closer to hl2, barring the maps in hl2. Also I love how you've made so much detail I mena, most maps will just add buildings with pretty much nothing in them but you've added ltos of stuff everywhere, how big is this map going to be may I ask?

31. Post #671
    November 2008
    202 Posts
    This looks awesome, can't wait, update?

32. Post #672
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,091 Posts
    1 Duck does lighting like no other.

33. Post #673
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    179 Posts
    Will this be noded, if so this is my map I'm gonna use for a very very long time.

34. Post #674
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    774 Posts
    Sorry for not replying sooner, I have been working on the map just very slowly, mostly behind scenes stuff which you won't see. Still got to cut back on brushes if it is all to fit in, if push comes to shove I will simply cut the abandoned section of the prison out which will probaly free up about 500-1000 much needed brushes, but that's if I get desperate.

If someone knows how to convert a selected of brushes into models and is interested in helping I would be much greatful, I was going to learn how to but got side tracked. I can spare ent data but not brushes so models would be perfect when I have sections of repeated details.

Anywho, The industrial sector is finished apart...still. The screenshot below shows it from above, it looks small but has several buildings and places to hide etc, I still intend to add a pub or bar of some sort, not too sure where or if it will be in this section.

A 3D skybox is yet to be included in the map yet so the industrial sector looks blocky which may be caused by it, but then warehouses are generally big cubes.

I'm gradually getting there, the Prison as you know is 100% complete, this section is now complete, the CPAP is nearing completion, the trainstation is almost complete apart from a room or two and joining the prison with it. So yeah, it's getting there. But still a bit to go like the sewer system which may need to be ditched or shortend and the city as a whole is about 50% complete or so.

:)

35. Post #675
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    774 Posts
    Will this be noded, if so this is my map I'm gonna use for a very very long time.
    It's a very large map so it may not be possible to do it completely, especially if my ent data is nearing 200% as it is. We will see.

36. Post #676
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    7,708 Posts
    Looking sweet Duck, can we hope to see this before DNF goes gold?

Just asking...

37. Post #677
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    774 Posts
    I'm wondering whether it would be best to cut the abandoned prison section in favour for more city and sewer areas?

Current city, I intend to make it bigger, but still if I cut some areas I would be able to make it more diverse.

Opinions?

38. Post #678
    September 2008
    44 Posts
    I'm going to have to say yeah, and give you the greenlight to go.

A prison is great, but you don't need one THAT large as most servers only have like ten or twelve civil protection officers on at the most. But most servers will have like anywhere from 20-30 citizens on. There needs to be a good sewer system as well, along with a nice amount of apartments.

39. Post #679
    December 2007
    11 Posts
    What mod are you using in the screenshots?

40. Post #680
    January 2008
    4 Posts
    I say yeah, drop that section, but don't make the sewers too big as it would be way too easy to just hide in there, since the CP wouldn't be able to even begin to scower all of the tunnels.