1. Post #1

February 2014
    6 Posts
    Surprised? Oxide crew makes more progress.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Dumb Dumb x 30Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2

March 2014
    166 Posts
    they have less to work with :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    March 2014
    235 Posts
    Can oxide add content or just tweak settings?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    September 2013
    268 Posts
    ^lmao what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    March 2014
    2,000 Posts
    Surprised? Oxide crew makes more progress.
    Go buy Nether, then come back and complain about update frequency.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6

February 2014
    213 Posts
    Another speechless week. That's what bothers me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #7

January 2014
    377 Posts
    Yeah would be nice to have seen an update stating something like:

Hey everyone sorry for another up-dateless week however we have been extremely busy working on the underlying frame work to help get new content out faster while striving to finish the new GUI. Hang in there good stuff is coming.

However, when your super busy with a bunch of things, its the little things that slip your mind or feel like a back breaker. Hopefully some communication will come down soon tho as its so important.

Edited:

Can oxide add content or just tweak settings?
    To my knowledge Oxide just runs on Rust's framework and can't add new content, so essentially Oxide has to work within the limitations of Rust's current code. However I could be wrong and there may be a way to do it, but that opens up a whole new issue of intellectual property.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    September 2001
    12,385 Posts
    We could post an update saying the exact same thing we posted a couple of weeks ago. Would that help ? Can't you just wait until we have something new to say?

We're not sitting around doing nothing. We have a lot of work to do. That's what we're concentrating on. Do you really need us to come and pat you on the head every couple of days?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Show Events Winner x 41Agree x 15Dumb x 9Funny x 7Late x 4Disagree x 2Friendly x 2Zing x 2Artistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    June 2012
    631 Posts
    Yeah its not like they havent been working on precedural generation literally all week
    https://trello.com/c/lXNAVJ9X/292-pr...map-generation
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    March 2014
    235 Posts
    Garry has spoken. Problem solved.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 2Informative Informative x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

11. Post #11

February 2014
    213 Posts
    Yes, I am very happy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12

January 2014
    377 Posts
    Dammit, of course Garry had to post right under my post. The shame..... :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #13

February 2014
    427 Posts
    We could post an update saying the exact same thing we posted a couple of weeks ago. Would that help ? Can't you just wait until we have something new to say?

We're not sitting around doing nothing. We have a lot of work to do. That's what we're concentrating on. Do you really need us to come and pat you on the head every couple of days?
    I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of crying voices voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #14

March 2014
    50 Posts

Yes it would help, You guys need to realize that you are dealing with mainstream now. Do you think they understand what a REAL Alpha (as in not EAs 2 weeks till launch beta) is lol .

In the time you took to write that post you could have updated the "weekly" updates page to say "still working on.."

Personally I'm enjoying the game and can wait to see what more you guys come up with but Facepunch could really use a community manager that knows how to deal with the "Must have this now" generation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

15. Post #15
    February 2014
    53 Posts
    Haha,im glad Garry has spoken.Now stop whining,enjoy this awesome game,and patiently wait for next update.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Slovenia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    February 2011
    386 Posts

I myself check both trello and your main website every day for new updates and I'm sure that I'm not alone. You did something great, you made a game we love, don't be mad at us for supporting it. We all just want to see a little more communication from you guys, that's all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Winner Winner x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    January 2014
    102 Posts
    Garry. I don't care if Rust doesn't get an update for two months. Just keep people informed. Maybe something similar to what Kebal Space Program does. "Devnote Tuedays".

http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post...munity-edition
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Cheesy and delicious.
    August 2010
    6,089 Posts
    Garry. I don't care if Rust doesn't get an update for two months. Just keep people informed. Maybe something similar to what Kebal Space Program does. "Devnote Tuedays".

http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post...munity-edition
    That's what Trello is for.
    I mean I've been following the Rust Trello for a while and it has pretty much all the info that people are whining about not having.
    They just aren't using it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    January 2014
    102 Posts

I mean I've been following the Rust Trello for a while and it has pretty much all the info that people are whining about not having.

I agree with that. But a weekly status update shows the community that they care. It's preventive maintenance. Maybe it will stop all of the whining about no updates. Probably not though, this community will always find something to whine about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Cheesy and delicious.
    August 2010
    6,089 Posts
    I agree with that. But a weekly status update shows the community that they care. It's preventive maintenance. Maybe it will stop all of the whining about no updates. Probaly not though, this community will always find something to whine about.
    You hit the nail right on the head there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

21. Post #21
    June 2010
    273 Posts
    What would Garry say? "We're still working on the stuff we just said a couple of weeks ago...yeah"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    February 2014
    9 Posts

Too bad the devs does not bother to update it. For instance the most asked for feature of the game, house ownership. Last time I checked it had 2.5K votes, but still no update no mention of nothing.

As someone has prevously said, hire a community manager, update us regularly (weekly) and update your Trello.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    January 2014
    102 Posts
    What would Garry say? "We're still working on the stuff we just said a couple of weeks ago...yeah"?
    Yes.

Go read Kerbal Space Programs Devnote Tuesdays. Some of them are "Still working on the in-game stats page."

24. Post #24
    Dennab
    January 2014
    29 Posts
    I'd hope that after a few weeks you'd have something new to say, something to show for the weeks of hard work. We all know there is a ton of work to be done, that's why after a few weeks of not seeing any work being done people get a little short.

I don't need a pat on the head every few days, I'm not a child. I'm a customer, I'm someone who pays for software. I put my money into this game and many other games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Huffing Jenkem Like There's No Tomorrow :^)
    January 2012
    5,179 Posts
    Do you really need us to come and pat you on the head every couple of days?
    I would like it if you came and patted me on the butt, if you know what I mean.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny x 10Winner x 3Friendly x 2Agree x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    March 2014
    2,000 Posts
    Too bad the devs does not bother to update it. For instance the most asked for feature of the game, house ownership. Last time I checked it had 2.5K votes, but still no update no mention of nothing.

As someone has prevously said, hire a community manager, update us regularly (weekly) and update your Trello.
    So you're mad because they haven't updated house management on Trello, but you're neglecting to mention that they've been updating procedural terrain, dynamic spawn systems, and fps counters on an almost daily basis? Sounds more like you're just mad they're not working on the portion that you want to see progress on right away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Cheesy and delicious.
    August 2010
    6,089 Posts

What do you mean they do "not bother to update it"? It was last updated yesterday.

Here's the activity bar.

Not looking at one specific requested feature /= "the devs does not bother to update it"

You can whine about / rate whatever you want, but it doesn't make it less true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

28. Post #28

January 2014
    178 Posts
    I'd hope that after a few weeks you'd have something new to say, something to show for the weeks of hard work. We all know there is a ton of work to be done, that's why after a few weeks of not seeing any work being done people get a little short.

I don't need a pat on the head every few days, I'm not a child. I'm a customer, I'm someone who pays for software. I put my money into this game and many other games.
    Actually I disagree you and so many others that constantly whine about updates seem to need a pat on the head like a child. You see, call me crazy but when I check the website and I don't see any updates I assume that means

"We're still working on the stuff we just said a couple of weeks ago...yeah"

They could always update us with something like:

"Hey you big whiners you already got way more than what you paid for and we are tired of hearing you cry. We decided to scrap the game so good luck with whatever feature you think we should focus all of our time on because you should have been running the project."

Hell look at the title of post and the content. It's basically just a sarcastic person being an ass. Could have just wrote "Hey Garry any news, I just cant wait!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    585 Posts
    Stop bugging the devs or they might cancel Fez 2. LET THEM WORK.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    I do toprustservers.com

July 2013
    168 Posts
    Stop bugging the devs or they might cancel Fez 2. LET THEM WORK.
    i see what you did there
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Costa Rica Show Events

31. Post #31

November 2005
    29 Posts
    The majority of you guys are the most whiny, demanding, unsatisfied group I've ever had the displeasure of trying to forumtize with. It feels like almost nobody truly understands what it means for a game to be in alpha, what having alpha access means, and what Garry and his team do every day. And the fact that you need weekly communications is just sad. I'm done with this forum, because every time I come here I just end up annoyed with the lot of you, and the few who actually know what's going on never appear to be heard or taken seriously. Seriously, you guys need to grow up.

Lata gataz!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Cheesy and delicious.
    August 2010
    6,089 Posts
    The majority of you guys are the most whiny, demanding, unsatisfied group I've ever had the displeasure of trying to forumtize with. It feels like almost nobody truly understands what it means for a game to be in alpha, what having alpha access means, and what Garry and his team do every day. And the fact that you need weekly communications is just sad. I'm done with this forum, because every time I come here I just end up annoyed with the lot of you, and the few who actually know what's going on never appear to be heard or taken seriously. Seriously, you guys need to grow up.

Lata gataz!
    Then you have those guys that whine "but it's not like an alpha it's more like a beta!!"

33. Post #33
    Dennab
    January 2014
    98 Posts
    Trello is a joke they got shit thats months old on there... gtfo
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    January 2013
    173 Posts
    Then you have those guys that whine "but it's not like an alpha it's more like a beta!!"
    Off topic but i literally stared at your avatar for 20 minutes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

35. Post #35
    Cheesy and delicious.
    August 2010
    6,089 Posts
    Trello is a joke they got shit thats months old on there... gtfo
    Uhh, your point? They have updates from yesterday on there as well.
    Not sure why you'd dislike something just because it stores the old posts as well.

Just take a look:
    https://trello.com/b/lG8jtz6v/rust-main
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    February 2014
    59 Posts
    Yes there have been games that go through alpha and beta development much faster...Those games SUX ARSE losers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37

December 2013
    126 Posts
    another updateless week because garry never expected sell so much copies when it was an alpha, so now he knows he doesn't need to put a whole lot of work on it because it sells the way it is. simple business logic, we sold 30-50 millions of dollars the way it is, if we put all that money back to game development we won't make more 100-150 millions, that's it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    June 2010
    273 Posts
    Ugh, I hate this subforum so much
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Cheesy and delicious.
    August 2010
    6,089 Posts
    Ugh, I hate this subforum so much
    Imagine the hell that would break loose if Garry reintroduced Smartness for this section.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #40

February 2014
    10 Posts

Or you could take 5 minutes to say something a little different. It's unbelievable the attitude you take with the community. I've been following this game for 3 months and I've already seen you run the line from smart ass to butt hurt with the community. Grow the hell up man.

The worst part of this all is that you come off like you are being bothered in your posts. Not like you are talking to the people who just made you a fucking ridiculous amount of money. Don't take it out on the community because "Facepunch" was unprepared for the reaction this game got. Try and remember who monetized this alpha yea?

Most of us are not game developers, but many of us have seen the development process for many many games over the years. The general feeling (outside of this face-punch forums bubble) is that you were unprepared for this (nothing wrong with that, this game sky rocketed), and that you guys don't know what you are doing. To the average person this is backed up by the fact every-time your team modifies this game, more shit breaks than was fixed. Not to mention, again from the outside looking in, that for a game this popular the pace of development appears to be extremely slow.

Whether any of that is true or not, that is how it appears on the outside. Facepunch could win so many people over though if they had someone who actually addressed/managed the community. Right now, the amount of community interaction from your studio points to you not giving a fuck. Every-time that you personally speak, you re-affirm that with your attitude. Man up and pay a college kid to post updates and answer questions all day. Do you really not see how having someone dedicated to that would make your life easier? How that would win so many people over to your cause?

I also hope by now that you realize that this game may have peaked way way before it was ready. Regardless of what you do to the game going forward, it will be tough hill to climb for it to reach the popularity it has hit at this point. That is the nature of gaming, something new is always over the horizon and people either forget or just don't come back. Again, you could address this by building a good relationship with your community(either you or someone who doesn't get so emotional) at this stage, so that people are actually invested/excited about this project. As opposed to either dismissing or shitting on them every-time you talk.

And two things I am so sick of seeing

1. READ THE TRELLO!! Fuck the Trello. It is a really nice feature for those who care to weed through it, but that isn't how this works. Why is that the only people who don't seem to get this are Facepunch forum members?

2. THEY ARE WORKING REALLY HARD!! Many of us work really hard as well. I bust my ass all week long. I certainly don't have time to update my clients on every single little development with their issues, but I have to if I want to keep them. Because that is how this fucking works. And I definitely don't talk to them like Garry talks to his customers. I'd be out of a job in a goddamn instant.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner x 21Dumb x 6Agree x 4Zing x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)