1. Post #1
    June 2012
    896 Posts

Voting has concluded and the winners have been revealed!

Check out the prizes the participants were competition for:

Donations
    11 Steam Games donated by Game Zombie
    8 Steam Games donated by Mechtroid
    7 Steam Games donated by Napy Da Wise
    Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition donated by Cryme Tyme
    Three copies of Metal Slug 3 donated by BANG!
    A copy of Metal Slug 3 donated by iAmaNewb
    The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition donated by ZoSo
    Octodad: Dadliest Catch and The Witcher: Enhanced Edition donated byZombiPlastiClok
    Torchlight for Steam donated by Dim
    Risk of Rain for Steam donated by GetGrenade
    E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy Donated by PyroToaste
    Vintage Pack donated by Suttles
    TF2 Cosmetic Pack donated by Serious_Greg

Links
    Original Thread
    Mini Contest - Stats
    Workshop Collection
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Winner Winner x 24Zing Zing x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    August 2013
    5,619 Posts
    i wish the order was randomized so everyone has a fair chance to be at the top and it's not preset. oh well, i know what i want
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,336 Posts
    Being able to choose only one weapon hurts a bit. There are many items I like in the list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 27 (list)

4. Post #4
    March 2010
    824 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 16Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    June 2012
    896 Posts
    i wish the order was randomized so everyone has a fair chance to be at the top and it's not preset. oh well, i know what i want
    The weapon order is based on random list I generated. The order cannot be randomized for each visit to the poll though, at least not with Google Forms.

Being able to choose only one weapon hurts a bit. There are many items I like in the list.
    I think it is good that it is a hard decision, you really have to think hard about what your favorite is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    INFERIOR CROCODILE ALLIGATOR
    January 2010
    1,415 Posts
    yeah, I wish there was a sort of 'what's your first favorite, second favorite, third favorite' thing. You could probably tally points in a '1, .5, .25' sort of shenaniganry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

7. Post #7
    August 2013
    1,010 Posts
    yeah, I wish there was a sort of 'what's your first favorite, second favorite, third favorite' thing. You could probably tally points in a '1, .5, .25' sort of shenaniganry.
    Agreed. I'm curious to see where the gap will lie. I'm going to guess there'll be like 5 with a good number of votes and the rest will only have a few.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    March 2012
    1,166 Posts
    Workshop link of my hammer goes to the jabber jaw, who bribed verno?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    August 2011
    1,073 Posts
    You put the wrong name under the Shoehorn. Now to vote!

EDIT:
    Good luck to everyone! :D And thanks Verno! It was fun!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    June 2012
    896 Posts
    You put the wrong name under the Shoehorn. Now to vote!
    At first I thought you where talking about the item name not the contributor name, now I get you.

FIXED

FIXED
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    August 2013
    1,010 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    November 2012
    3,610 Posts
    I vote for the Victor-Ion! Best entry of Arms Race IMO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Lebanon Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    September 2012
    321 Posts
    voted :D gl to all participants, tbh it's been really hard to vote as i liked several items

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    February 2013
    1,520 Posts
    Watch everyone vote for their own.
    Also, there should probably have been categories for like primaries, secondaries, and melees.

Edited:

Jabber Jaw link doesn't even go anywhere :L

15. Post #15
    October 2010
    1,537 Posts
    There are two Backbiter entries.

Edited:

There are actually two different Backbiter entries in the form submission as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    September 2011
    1,014 Posts
    The Combusting Chamber's download link isn't one.

Edited:

The workshop links for Ol' Sparky, The Backbiter, The Firelance, and The Jabber Jaw are borked as well.

17. Post #17
    July 2013
    926 Posts
    Non of the link to the workshop page works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Singapore Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    September 2011
    1,014 Posts
    Almost all of them work.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    2,564 Posts
    You've put the Backbiter on there twice.

I mean, it deserves it, but all the same, might want to fix it.

Edited:

oops, late
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    July 2012
    454 Posts
    Great models overall. It was a tough choice but to me one mod really stood out as being perfect - TF2 style achieved, interesting mesh and texture, clever name, custom animations, sounds and particles, properly working mod files with backpack icons.

I'm a bit disapointed by how some of the mods are packed. For those that I downloaded half of them didn't have a backpack icon so I couldn't immediately see if they are working or where to find them in my backpack. Also some of the mods aren't compiled to replace existing weapons or aren't in vpk format. There probably should have been a little tutorial how make a nice release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #21

July 2013
    1,331 Posts
    why is backbiter in the OP twice?

Watch everyone vote for their own.
    Also, there should probably have been categories for like primaries, secondaries, and melees.

Edited:
    oops, i voted whack a maul, is that bad?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

22. Post #22

October 2013
    565 Posts
    why is backbiter in the OP twice?
    Your like the third person too ask. It was most likely a mistake. Wait for him too get online and he'll fix it.

23. Post #23
    August 2011
    1,073 Posts
    Great models overall. It was a tough choice but to me one mod really stood out as being perfect - TF2 style achieved, interesting mesh and texture, clever name, custom animations, sounds and particles, properly working mod files with backpack icons.

I'm a bit disapointed by how some of the mods are packed. For those that I downloaded half of them didn't have a backpack icon so I couldn't immediately see if they are working or where to find them in my backpack. Also some of the mods aren't compiled to replace existing weapons or aren't in vpk format. There probably should have been a little tutorial how make a nice release.
    I tried to make a backpack icon for the shoehorn, I have one, but for some reason it wouldn't compile with itemtoast. I have absolutely no idea why it wouldn't work.

24. Post #24
    May 2013
    2,032 Posts
    The link for the workshop submission of these items in the list are broken:

ol' sparky
    firelance
    first backbiter (there are two submission of this one, btw, the second one is fine)
    jabber jaw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Useful Useful x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #25

July 2013
    1,331 Posts
    I tried to make a backpack icon for the shoehorn, I have one, but for some reason it wouldn't compile with itemtoast. I have absolutely no idea why it wouldn't work.
    you can just manually put it in. vpk's are just like zip files. you can even extract or compile it with vpk.exe by just dragging your vpk or folder over the exe icon

26. Post #26
    June 2012
    896 Posts
    The link for the workshop submission of these items in the list are broken:

ol' sparky
    firelance
    first backbiter (there are two submission of this one, btw, the second one is fine)
    jabber jaw
    ol' sparky & the firelance are not uploaded to the workshop yet, so I got rid of the links. Fixed the other two, but for now I'm gonna keep the second backbiter in the poll while I try to figure what effect removing items from the poll will have.

27. Post #27
    October 2010
    1,537 Posts
    You could just add the results at the end.

28. Post #28
    October 2013
    400 Posts
    "February Friday 28th"
    Sounds a bit odd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    I sell Bot Doggers and Bot Dogger accessories
    November 2011
    1,182 Posts
    Putting my vote down for the Fire and Forget. I wish that you didn't need a Facepunch account to vote, though. Already getting workshop complaints from people without one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #30

July 2013
    1,331 Posts
    i didn't even remember to update with a link. thanks for the reminder.

31. Post #31
    September 2012
    35 Posts
    There are so many good weapons here... ugh.

Well, I have all the night to decide. :V

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    4,478 Posts
    this is hard

33. Post #33
    June 2013
    1,656 Posts
    Do some of them have custom sounds?

too lazy to download and try out everything

34. Post #34

July 2013
    1,331 Posts

yeah. mine does. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avKMQN84SSo

35. Post #35
    June 2012
    896 Posts

I tried to note any custom stuff like sounds and particles, but if I missed any, participants can let me know.

36. Post #36
    August 2013
    176 Posts
    I tried to note any custom stuff like sounds and particles, but if I missed any, participants can let me know.
    All my entries have a custom sounds
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Dennab
    January 2014
    73 Posts
    Choosing ONE was torture. There should have been multiple categories you could vote for winners in because I loved different weapons for different reasons. The quality of these models are astounding, there are truly some talented individuals participating in this contest.

I can't wait to see some of these in-game, it's really just a matter of time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    April 2013
    1,375 Posts
    Little late to the party saying this, but I wish everyone good luck in voting. You can not imagine how anxious I am to see the results.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    4,949 Posts
    such a hard choice, everyone gave out great entries.

in the end i just went ahead and voted for something i would use.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #40

July 2013
    1,331 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)