View Poll Results: What should replace zombies?

Voters
3901. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing

83 2.13%
  • Add Zombies Back

315 8.07%
  • Mutant Animals

276 7.08%
  • Mutant Humans

365 9.36%
  • Dinosaurs

1,094 28.04%
  • Robots

129 3.31%
  • Other Players

84 2.15%
  • Military

865 22.17%
  • Giants/Mythical Creatures

510 13.07%
  • Aliens

180 4.61%
  1. Post #1
    September 2001
    12,318 Posts
    fffffffffffffffff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Funny x 76Dumb x 26Winner x 13Zing x 9Optimistic x 8Disagree x 7Agree x 7Artistic x 6Friendly x 5Useful x 4Informative x 3Late x 3 (list)

2. Post #2

January 2014
    262 Posts
    This is hard, because you've said you don't like the idea of mutated humans, perhaps mutated military? That would be kinda cool. Like they were sent in to contain this area, and were mutated as a result. I honestly think that's best, and it fits with the radiation. You could also use this for bandit camps. If you ever planned to make a way to offer an expanded map, that utilized more of the map, for larger servers, you could have either bandits, or mutated military set up with little mini tented camps up north, perhaps with like a radiation containment tank nearby, broken open.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 42Disagree x 2Informative x 1Useful x 1Dumb x 1Late x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Give us fluffy chickens!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 33Funny Funny x 9Dumb Dumb x 4Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    February 2010
    1,894 Posts
    Mutant komodo dragons, lizards be deadly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree x 9Winner x 6Dumb x 2Funny x 1Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    February 2014
    158 Posts
    Something in between Mutant Animals and Mutant Humans. Humanoid monsters or creatures of some kind, not zombies. Haha I'd even take dinosaurs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    funion is gay
    September 2009
    16,193 Posts
    mutant animals because theres not much you can do with human mutants to distance them from zombies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 32Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

7. Post #7

October 2013
    343 Posts
    I do belive Dinosaurs would fit. The athmosphere would be awesome!

Imagine. You're trying to gather some wood for your home and you see a dinosaur roaming the wood pile. I do belive it's way better than seeing a strange RED wolf barking on the wood pile.

+ For dinosaurs!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Disagree x 25Agree x 24Winner x 2Zing x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Dennab
    February 2014
    23 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree x 91Funny x 41Winner x 16Artistic x 2Useful x 1Disagree x 1Dumb x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #9

February 2014
    11 Posts
    I think the military would be a fine addition. There would be so many possibilities.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 27Disagree Disagree x 14Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

10. Post #10

January 2014
    262 Posts
    This is hard, because you've said you don't like the idea of mutated humans, perhaps mutated military? That would be kinda cool. Like they were sent in to contain this area, and were mutated as a result. I honestly think that's best, and it fits with the radiation. You could also use this for bandit camps. If you ever planned to make a way to offer an expanded map, that utilized more of the map, for larger servers, you could have either bandits, or mutated military set up with little mini tented camps up north, perhaps with like a radiation containment tank nearby, broken open.
    I envisioned mutants to maybe be missing an arm, or something, or some other deformity. I also like the kind of dark evil creature idea. What immediately comes to mind are mutants and shades from Anarchy Online.

http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Eye-mutants

http://anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/Shades
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree x 4Winner x 2Agree x 2Informative x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11

February 2014
    6 Posts
    How about real animals dem dolphins pls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Disagree x 4Agree x 3Zing x 2Winner x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Huffing Jenkem Like There's No Tomorrow :^)
    January 2012
    5,017 Posts
    Robots? interesting, have my vote.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree x 19Agree x 6Winner x 3Dumb x 3Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #13

February 2014
    9 Posts
    A shadow creature, Alan Wake style. Would fit in well with the day/night cycle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 17Disagree Disagree x 2Winner Winner x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14

October 2013
    110 Posts
    I vote Dinosaurs but I don't really mean dinosaurs explicitly, more mutant animals but based on the look of dinosaurs. Reptilian style mutants. Dinosaurs also give a wide variety of possible enemies and different AI types. Small, fast raptor type enemy or large hulking T-rex style enemies. There could even be passive herbivore types later on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 15Disagree Disagree x 10Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

15. Post #15

January 2014
    12 Posts
    I would like to see natives to the island that use bows. Possibly at night have small groups of them that move around and hunt players.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree x 38Artistic x 4Winner x 4Dumb x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16

January 2014
    143 Posts
    mutant animals.. or something of the sort. Some out in the day.. others only at night, and HUNT YOU!!

they stay out of your light.. but if you drop that torch to harvest something... AAUAUUUGUGHHGHGHG!!!

lol would LOVE some sort of terror/scary animals at night... you can hear them growl/howl from far away... as they get near, they get quiet and you have to listen for twigs breaking, paws in the grass lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17

February 2014
    23 Posts
    Aliens in different equipment.
    From lightly clothed scouts and constructors, over defensive guy to big ground warriors in brutal mechs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 16Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

18. Post #18

February 2014
    402 Posts
    It would cool if there was a mix. Animals in the wilderness and zombies/millitary at the towns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19

January 2014
    154 Posts
    Mythical creatures can almost be interchangeable with mutant animals, really, depending on your sources of material. You could have mutated mythical animals / creatures / "people" (giants, centaurs, other nasties).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20

January 2014
    6 Posts
    I personally believe military fits the bill.

If any of you, mainly brits, are familiar with the BBC series Survivors that's where I imagine this game going.

Instead of a nuclear apocalypse, zombie plague etc. it simulated life after a Flu or SARS pandemic that wipes out the world's population. Obviously there exist survivors (immunity etc.) that form communities, in some cases factions and the series eluded towards to a more organised governmental/military group that had (planned for?) and survived.

Unfortunately this series was cancelled but my imagination extends to it being a feasible scenario in rust, with a few tweaks to explain radiation etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 7Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #21

July 2013
    79 Posts
    I think that Military is good but at least make their accuary bad or at least not good, normal cause if their gonna be added its gonna be hard for New Spawned to survive without getting shot everytime he spawns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    March 2010
    3,124 Posts
    Mutant Humans, but some of them were Military. If nothing else so "why do wolves and bears have guns/blueprints/armor/etc on their person?" stops popping up in chat as it would somewhat make sense for mutated people to have these things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    December 2012
    839 Posts
    Voted for mutant animals.
    Only posting to add, ugh, military, really?
    Every friggin game out there has military.
    It's not only been done, it's the only thing more trite than zombies.

(not hating, just offering my opinion)

-edit
    the next poster has it right.
    If you are talking tribal military, then I'm all in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

24. Post #24
    February 2011
    379 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 45Agree x 17Disagree x 2Late x 1Optimistic x 1Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member

August 2013
    1,021 Posts
    Or they could just focus on making a good survival game... there does not need to be some crazy twist, how about just a better version of what we have now? Instead of wasting time on some silly npc. Just an idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 14Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    January 2014
    73 Posts
    Mutants + Military = Nice
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Disagree Disagree x 14Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

27. Post #27

January 2014
    66 Posts
    I think not necessarily "Mutant" humans, or "Military" but just unfriendly human NPC's. They look/act like other hostile players but are NPCs guarding towns/roaming etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    February 2011
    379 Posts
    Please just not military.. Every other game has it, plus it would make it more like Day Z, which this game should not be like.. Mythical creatures might be really cool though. Think Cyclops, Medusa, those things in labyrinths with goat feet, shit like that would be really cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 30Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member

August 2013
    1,021 Posts
    Please just not military.. Every other game has it, plus it would make it more like Day Z, which this game should not be like.. Mythical creatures might be really cool though. Think Cyclops, Medusa, those things in labyrinths with goat feet, shit like that would be really cool.
    In rust... are you people serious? Have you guys played the game. Its a survival game. Why don't they just focus on i dont know... survival?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Winner x 12Agree x 6Disagree x 5Dumb x 1Useful x 1 (list)

30. Post #30

February 2014
    104 Posts
    Be quite funny if there was like hills have eyes kind of mutants running at you with like 3 arms ect
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces.
    May 2011
    5,879 Posts
    Clones of our characters.

Because in a post-apocalyptic world, the only real enemy is ourselves.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic x 32Funny x 7Agree x 4Disagree x 3Optimistic x 2 (list)

32. Post #32

January 2014
    154 Posts
    In rust... are you people serious? Have you guys played the game. Its a survival game. Why don't they just focus on i dont know... survival?
    "Survival" as a genre does not dictate what you are attempting to survive. It could be about surviving against the elements and nature, military factions, or giant mutated cookie dough aliens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

33. Post #33
    December 2013
    222 Posts
    Whoa this would be awesome to work in if not for replacing the zombies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

34. Post #34
    January 2014
    229 Posts
    I also want a 100 foot giant that will come and smash your buildings up forcing you to work together to take him down. But Ill have to sneak that past Helk.
    You know the answer sir.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

35. Post #35

February 2014
    15 Posts
    Why not cryptids? Not mythical creatures, but cryptids. You know, slender man, moth man, big foot. Can you imagine during the dead of night looking out your house and seeing rustling things, and then you spot two beady red eyes glaring at you, or there's a lightning flash and slender man is right there outside your window? At day these wouldn't look too scary, but they'd make night terrifying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Optimistic x 4Disagree x 3Winner x 3Dumb x 1Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    The Cold Wind Of France
    November 2008
    18,214 Posts
    My personal vote is giants and mythical creatures, followed closely by mutant animals... military is just boring
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Agree Agree x 41Disagree Disagree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member

August 2013
    1,021 Posts
    "Survival" as a genre does not dictate what you are attempting to survive. It could be about surviving against the elements and nature, military factions, or giant mutated cookie dough aliens.
    From what i can see that would not fit Rust at all. It would be turning it into a different game and i feel like would be a waste of time and resources. Why do that when you can improve on what Rust does best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #38

February 2014
    7 Posts
    I think some form of mutated human/animal would be cool, but have them so far mutated that they only slightly resemble what they used to be. Can make them all different too.

Some only come out at night, some irradiate players around them, some are fast, some are slow, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39

January 2014
    262 Posts
    The mythical stuff is just a terrible terrible idea, lol. Basically if our choice is anything, or mythical, I choose anything else. Mythical does not fit in any form or fashion.

I stand by my mutant military idea + adding small tented camps around broken radioative material canisters off of the path in various areas, to extend the map out (a large server setting).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    February 2011
    379 Posts
    The mythical stuff is just a terrible terrible idea, lol. Basically if our choice is anything, or mythical, I choose anything else. Mythical does not fit in any form or fashion.

I stand by my mutant military idea + adding small tented camps around broken radioative material canisters off of the path in various areas, to extend the map out (a large server setting).
    Go play Day Z.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Dumb Dumb x 11Zing Zing x 1 (list)