1. Post #41

December 2013
    8 Posts
    I have never seen >1 use kits, first one I made was a 2 use kit.

2. Post #42

February 2014
    59 Posts
    Nice! :P

3. Post #43

January 2014
    240 Posts
    Why do you need to hold down right shift?

When researching anything else you just drag the research kit over top the item when you are in range of a workbench?
    That's the bug... Just dragging one kit onto another does nothing, you have to hold shift for it to "work"

Clearly this was a debug feature the devs added to test functionality since the whole thing doesn't make sense. Kind of like the lockpick issue; someone thought it was a good idea and later realized that it was stupid.

4. Post #44
    January 2014
    145 Posts
    Confirmed. This works as described in the OP.

5. Post #45

October 2013
    73 Posts
    to expensive rather waste ammo on mutants

6. Post #46

January 2014
    240 Posts
    to expensive rather waste ammo on mutants
    Yup, on low-population servers that makes sense... Try that on a server with 100+ players and you'll die rapidly, and probably never find a research kit in 50 attempts.

7. Post #47

February 2014
    59 Posts
    Yup, on low-population servers that makes sense... Try that on a server with 100+ players and you'll die rapidly, and probably never find a research kit in 50 attempts.
    Gosh, that would suck >.<

8. Post #48

February 2014
    32 Posts
    What is interesting, is that when you build it, you have a chance like with the weapons to create better versions of the research kits. You can create kits that can be used multiple times.

9. Post #49
    July 2013
    105 Posts
    nice

10. Post #50

February 2014
    41 Posts
    Confirmed. Hold Shift to release the research kit. THe nice thing is it can have multiple uses, so from 1 crafted you can use it like 3 times (confirmed). Very usefull at the begining.

11. Post #51

January 2014
    78 Posts
    Good that I can disable it via Crafting Controller on my server ;-)

12. Post #52

July 2014
    1 Posts
    Hello! I have recently realised you can research the Research Kits! Facepunch may want to fix this but yeah.. What you need to do is get 2 research kits and as you go to research one of them (By a workbench) you need to hold down right shift.
    This is even stated on the Wiki page

http://playrustwiki.com/wiki/Research_Kit_1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #53

February 2014
    485 Posts
    Dude....why the hell did you resurrect a 5 month old thread for your first post?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)