1. Post #1

January 2014
    61 Posts
    I bought this game because after testing it in my computer it ran fast (60fps) with force -freature-level-9-3 and antialias 2x to fix the sky issue. Hoping they will fix it in the near future I bought it, expecting such a good performance or better than I had.

After some update in november o decemer the removed antialias option and at the moment I cant play this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZCfrjpvFlU

I feel scammed, and I feel stolen, because after 2 months you havent fixed it, and I still cant play.

I encourage you /facepunch/ to fix that issue before proceeding with game development, because many users like me cant play the game we paid for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Spain Show Events Dumb x 51Funny x 14Agree x 3Artistic x 1Winner x 1Disagree x 1Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2

December 2013
    468 Posts
    Not to state the obvious, but how old is your GFX card, first. And second, have you updated all your drivers?

3. Post #3

January 2014
    61 Posts
    Not to state the obvious, but how old is your GFX card, first. And second, have you updated all your drivers?
    nvidia G210 + Q8300

But my hardware is not the problem, because with force freature 9-3 I can go over 60fps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 18Dumb Dumb x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    October 2013
    83 Posts
    for the word "scammers" you deserve it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 13Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    RUST++
    December 2013
    443 Posts
    nvidia G210 + Q8300

But my hardware is not the problem, because with force freature 9-3 I can go over 60fps.
    a 6 year old CPU and an entry level GPU that gets outdone by integrated graphics these days? that setup would barely run minecraft, this was your own fault.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 45Dumb Dumb x 2Zing Zing x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Huffing Jenkem Like There's No Tomorrow :^)
    January 2012
    5,440 Posts
    That's adorable lol, baby's first tantrum. Want me to make you some warm milk before putting you down for your nap?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 29Dumb Dumb x 13Optimistic Optimistic x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    I'll RUB MY TALENT OUT ALL OVER YOU
    November 2011
    4,565 Posts
    Jesus Christ, what part of Early Access do you not get?
    Of Course there will be issues!

Bug Report and Be Patient!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    I bought this game because after testing it in my computer it ran fast (60fps) with force -freature-level-9-3 and antialias 2x to fix the sky issue. Hoping they will fix it in the near future I bought it, expecting such a good performance or better than I had.
    You mean you pirated Rust before buying it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree x 14Zing x 8Winner x 6Funny x 2Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #9

nvidia G210 + Q8300

SEriously? That is really shitty hardware

In fact, I think that that is well below recommended specs

it's not the devs fault you have a potato for a computer

not only did you ignore "EARLY ACCESS" but lets look at this

http://www.hwcompare.com/811/geforce-gt-210/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Dennab
    December 2013
    149 Posts
    This guy ;-)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11

January 2014
    61 Posts
    a 6 year old CPU and an entry level GPU that gets outdone by integrated graphics these days? that setup would barely run minecraft, this was your own fault.
    I can show you a snapshot running rust on my PC at 60FPS with high details. Only have to set force feature 9-3-

Rust is not a real cutting-edge graphics game... They only have to fix glitchy sky and you may run Rust in a dual core. I think this is a benefit for everybody.

Edited:

You mean you pirated Rust before buying it?
    I mean I used a friend's account
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Disagree x 3Funny x 2Dumb x 1Friendly x 1Agree x 1Late x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    October 2013
    83 Posts
    That's adorable lol, baby's first tantrum. Want me to make you some warm milk before putting you down for your nap?
    I rly like you, but saying same stuff again and again isnt a good way to raise the posting counter. <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    I can show you a snapshot running rust on my PC at 60FPS with high details. Only have to set force feature 9-3-

Rust is not a real cutting-edge graphics game... They only have to fix glitchy sky and you may run Rust in a dual core. I think this is a benefit for everybody.

Edited:

I mean I used a friend's account
    Seriously now? You're well below recommended specs and bitching about it not running well. It was a bad card when it was made.

and not only that but the game is not even out yet, even a 780ti will have a few issues.

This is 100% on you dude.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Well, okay then.

Try the console command "gfx.ssaa false" to turn off AA and improve frame rate. By the way, if you weren't forcing weird DirectX levels and getting that sky glitch, the in-game AA option did nothing.

And because those directx launch options aren't supported, there is no reason for a feature that does nothing to exist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15

January 2014
    61 Posts

SEriously? That is really shitty hardware

In fact, I think that that is well below recommended specs

it's not the devs fault you have a potato for a computer

not only did you ignore "EARLY ACCESS" but lets look at this

http://www.hwcompare.com/811/geforce-gt-210/
    It is not so shitty that I can run rust at HIGH graphics with 60 FPS and 45 if I am surrounded by trees.

I NOW that it is an early acces alpha, but game doesnt need a bed or more weapons, game needs fixing issues, or at least dont remove options that fix glitches...

Edited:

Seriously now? You're well below recommended specs and bitching about it not running well. It was a bad card when it was made.

and not only that but the game is not even out yet, even a 780ti will have a few issues.

This is 100% on you dude.

WTF? look at recommended specs here

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252490/

I am so above, but this is not the question, recommended specs can be inaccurate, the fact is that rust runs well in my computer, but they dont fix the glitchs and expend time adding beds, weapons, metal bars.... etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    October 2013
    83 Posts
    Is this 320x240, srsly stop using a calculator to run Rust.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #17
    Hey, guess what.

That glitch only appears when you force an unsupported configuration of DirectX feature levels. Garry doesn't support these feature levels, so there is nothing to fix.

The fix is to stop using those weird launch options.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 4Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18

December 2013
    468 Posts
    nvidia G210 + Q8300

I'd have to say yes, your hardware is the problem. You might have been able to try it out by giving your GFX card a crutch, but that isn't the case anymore. If possible, get upgrades as soon as you can. The bright side is, once you have an updated system, you won't have to purchase the game all over again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #19

January 2014
    61 Posts
    Well, okay then.

Try the console command "gfx.ssaa false" to turn off AA and improve frame rate. By the way, if you weren't forcing weird DirectX levels and getting that sky glitch, the in-game AA option did nothing.

And because those directx launch options aren't supported, there is no reason for a feature that does nothing to exist.

I tried all that console commands, but no improvements

I get 8FPS at FAST graphic level without -force-feature, and I get above 60 with MEDIUM graphic level and -force-feature

Edited:

Is this 320x240, srsly stop using a calculator to run Rust.

1024x768 what is problem, it is my screen limit? if you go down 1024x768 game is buggy

20. Post #20
    I tried all that console commands, but no improvements

I get 8FPS at FAST graphic level without -force-feature, and I get above 60 with MEDIUM graphic level and -force-feature
    The fact that you have poor performance in an unoptimized alpha is not a "bug". It's expected.

Forcing bizarre DX levels might get you better performance, but what you are doing is intentionally glitching the graphics engine by forcing it to run in bizarre conditions it's not designed to run in.

As soon as you do that, all bets are off and you're on your own. Any problems that you have, like a sky that doesn't exist so you get the Hall of Mirrors effect, are your own problem to deal with. The devs do not care.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #21

January 2014
    61 Posts
    I'd have to say yes, your hardware is the problem. You might have been able to try it out by giving your GFX card a crutch, but that isn't the case anymore. If possible, get upgrades as soon as you can. The bright side is, once you have an updated system, you won't have to purchase the game all over again.
    Yes, i know I can buy some 660 card and game will run quite good, but it is unnecesary because I dont play graphic-cuting-edge games, and no, rust is not a high-end-graphics game

I think they should fix performance before adding weapons and unnecessary stuff to the game, I showed rust can run fast in a computer like mine, there is no point to request an OP computer to run that game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8 (list)

22. Post #22
    October 2013
    83 Posts
    Ok, then the thread is done.
    Thanks for letting us know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

23. Post #23

January 2014
    61 Posts
    Ok, then the thread is done.
    Thanks for letting us know.
    no, this is not done, thanks for your time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    By the way, the Rust dev team has different people doing different tasks. The coders are not busy making models for weapons right now, that's the 3D artist's job. The 3D artist isn't handling sound or writing the netcode, he's handling the 3D art tasks.

Complaining that a new weapon model is being made instead of fixing performance issues demonstrates that you are criticising something you do not understand whatsoever.

Rust will be better optimized in the future. The new sky system should run better than the old one, and grass is now supposedly rendering twice as fast as it used to. Improvements will come in time. You weren't scammed in a bait and switch, you bought into an alpha without setting the proper expectations for the in-development quality you would be initially seeing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

25. Post #25

January 2014
    61 Posts
    By the way, the Rust dev team has different people doing different tasks. The coders are not busy making models for weapons right now, that's the 3D artist's job. The 3D artist isn't handling sound or writing the netcode, he's handling the 3D art tasks.

Complaining that a new weapon model is being made instead of fixing performance issues demonstrates that you are criticising something you do not understand whatsoever.

Rust will be better optimized in the future. The new sky system should run better than the old one, and grass is now supposedly rendering twice as fast as it used to. Improvements will come in time. You weren't scammed in a bait and switch, you bought into an alpha without setting the proper expectations for the in-development quality you would be initially seeing.
    I only know I was able to play it on a really good performance, and suddenly they removed the AA 2x option that fixed the sky and they didnt care, since then I cant play rust anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Yes, i know I can buy some 660 card and game will run quite good, but it is unnecesary because I dont play graphic-cuting-edge games, and no, rust is not a high-end-graphics game

I think they should fix performance before adding weapons and unnecessary stuff to the game, I showed rust can run fast in a computer like mine, there is no point to request an OP computer to run that game.
    you do realize that even with release, rust is naturally a game that's very resource intensive right?

I only know I was able to play it on a really good performance, and suddenly they removed the AA 2x option that fixed the sky and they didnt care, since then I cant play rust anymore.
    did you even listen to him?

calling them scammers for making a game is retarded and using bugs to use unintended settings clearly will have unintended effects

when making a game you'll be seeing this a lot

this is why making a game from scratch is so hard.

using -forcefeature also kind of is why it's your issue. It's not a supported feature, and you're running really bad specs, like it or not, by the end of the year 2009, the 210 was a low end card. It's 2014
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    By the way, the quality level options in the launcher do practically nothing. Going from the lowest to "Fantastic" just makes shadows better and turns off, like, depth of field effects and maybe ambient occlusion. You will get nearly the same performance on Fantastic as you will on Poor unless your computer is so borderline that having DoF on slaughters the framerate to unplayable.

So, comparing the two when one is running with weird launch options and one isn't is not only comparing apples to oranges (you changed two conditions and not one), it's already known that the difference is slight unless you are on the edge of being unable to play Rust already.

28. Post #28

January 2014
    61 Posts
    you do realize that even with release, rust is naturally a game that's very resource intensive right?

did you even listen to him?

calling them scammers for making a game is retarded and using bugs to use unintended settings clearly will have unintended effects

when making a game you'll be seeing this a lot

this is why making a game from scratch is so hard.

using -forcefeature also kind of is why it's your issue. It's not a supported feature, and you're running really bad specs, like it or not, by the end of the year 2009, the 210 was a low end card. It's 2014

I know I cant run Battlefield 4 in my g210, but it used to run Rust,

I have showed here it can run it quite good. If I knew they were going to remove AA option (that fixed the glitchy sky) I whouldn't have bought this game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    I know I cant run Battlefield 4 in my g210, but it used to run Rust,

I have showed here it can run it quite good. If I knew they were going to remove AA option (that fixed the glitchy sky) I whouldn't have bought this game
    It's alpha

you said you knew it was and yet here you are scratching your head at the fact that they have made changes to the game calling them "Scammers"

you're insulting the devs and demanding they fix it. the world doesn't revolve around you, get a new computer. Accept the fact that even 8 sli 780ti's are some day going to be outdated. Computer Hardware is updated every single day and even games that don't look that "Good" are going to need better and better hardware.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #30

December 2012
    290 Posts
    If you want to continue playing new computer games, it's time to upgrade your hardware. You're running a graphics card that is over 5 years old. It's at the end of its effective lifetime. Either upgrade, or don't play new games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    January 2014
    177 Posts
    nvidia G210 + Q8300

I have a Nvidia GT9400
    Single Core Pentium (R) 2.7 CPU
    3 gigs of ram
    and a motherboard from 2006

i max 50FPS.
    I've got a super computer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    June 2013
    105 Posts
    I NOW that it is an early acces alpha, but game doesnt need a bed or more weapons, game needs fixing issues
    You say you know, but you seem to have no idea. In other words: Thangs goood you're not a developer.

Alpha is for adding new features, Beta is for stabilizing/optimizing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softwar...fe_cycle#Alpha

and no, rust is not a high-end-graphics game
    Still don't get what Alpha means, hmm? They can turn it into a blocky 2d game or get it such high-end graphics that you wouldn't even imagine. All is possible in that state and you (should have) knew it when you purchased it.

So, to (hopefully) bring this thread to an end:
    You purchased this game knowing things can and will change dramatically at any time.
    Things changed dramatically for you.
    So stop whining and just wait, either it will get fixed (in beta maybe) or not.

And when we're at it: Never buy Alpha software again, you're clearly not the target audience.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #33
    January 2010
    151 Posts
    Oh god, this guy is so oblivious it's funny. I'd give my input here, but I know he's going to find some way to claim it's not true and just blame it on the devs.

34. Post #34

January 2014
    8 Posts
    Woah so many elitists on here, yes the OP could of worded things better but don't talk utter crap PC's perfectly capable of running this at some level, it's a glitch OP lodge a nice report and await a response as already suggested. Check the usual drivers etc (probably already have)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #35

January 2014
    20 Posts
    ALPHA.................. OP paid for ALPHA.................. It is not a complete game. It is no where close to complete. Call them scammers if 5 years has gone by and it is still in alpha stages.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,899 Posts
    Woah so many elitists on here, yes the OP could of worded things better but don't talk utter crap PC's perfectly capable of running this at some level, it's a glitch OP lodge a nice report and await a response as already suggested. Check the usual drivers etc (probably already have)
    Actually you're wrong it's not a glitch. Game's in alpha and is horribly optimized. Not to mention the OP has some ancient specs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37

December 2013
    468 Posts

There's more to it than just the fact that your card is old. It could be wearing out, or any other part of your computer could be. After 5 years, expect to have problems develop simply because your parts have reached the end of their lifespan. And Rust may not be graphics cutting edge, but it has reached the point beyond what your computer will handle. If you want them to make it so you can play again on your antiquated machine, you're basically asking them to stop all development. It will become more than your pc can handle. If you refuse to upgrade, that's on you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #38

November 2013
    66 Posts
    I've got a Q8200 + HD6570 and can run this game just fine. Buy(ask your dad) yourself a 60 dollar NEW graphics card and your good to go.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    January 2014
    115 Posts
    The one thing that I haven't seen added to this already hilarious conversation:

The minimum specs are set because that is what the dev team EXPECTS the game to require upon completion. They are going to continue to add features, graphic improvements, ect. and all of these are going to make the game more resource intensive.

If you are struggling to play the game NOW, wait a month and it will probably get worse.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40

January 2014
    47 Posts
    The one thing that I haven't seen added to this already hilarious conversation:

The minimum specs are set because that is what the dev team EXPECTS the game to require upon completion. They are going to continue to add features, graphic improvements, ect. and all of these are going to make the game more resource intensive.

If you are struggling to play the game NOW, wait a month and it will probably get worse.

Things is no one should really care what a developer expect to require upon completion. People will rarely buy a new computer just to play a new game. Less often even for an unfinished game.

But obviously, the game not being optimized is part of the alpha process. That's even the point of the alpha process, to evaluation how it works with a broader than inhouse audience, isn't it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)