1. Post #1
    Fight until death, shoot until empty.

November 2009
    15,864 Posts
    LILBURN, Ga. Twenty-nine miles is a long way to walk to court, but it's even longer when you do it on the coldest day in nearly two decades.
    Lilburn police say a Fulton County man walked from a downtown Atlanta shelter to Lilburn Municipal Court on Tuesday morning for a traffic citation.
    The man told Lilburn Police Officer Andy Blimline that he received a ticket for a crash, but his car was totaled, so he started walking to court at 1 a.m.
    [...]
    James started to walk home following his court appearance, but Blimline stepped in and offered to pay for a cab.
    James adamantly refused, a police spokesman said, but Blimline and several other officers chipped in to pay for the $80 ride.
    [...]
    Thomas reported that the man's public defender did not show up for the court appearance.
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...s-court/nchDX/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Friendly Friendly x 114Winner Winner x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2012
    1,037 Posts
    "I'm truly proud of how Officer Blimline represented the city."
    Bears repeating.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    December 2008
    8,250 Posts
    Thomas reported that the man's public defender did not show up for the court appearance.
    So he walked there for nothing? That's some bullshit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Romania Show Events Agree Agree x 92 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,584 Posts
    Gotta love our good 'ol fashioned Georgia boys in Blue... Or brown, usually. Maybe tannish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    8,209 Posts
    Gotta love our good 'ol fashioned Georgia boys in Blue... Or brown, usually. Maybe tannish.
    Yeah, really good on them for this one, it was cold as all fuck the last few days. I really feel for the guy having to walk through that.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    1,584 Posts
    Yeah, really good on them for this one, it was cold as all fuck the last few days. I really feel for the guy having to walk through that.
    I'm sure if they had known that, they would've given him a cab here to the court too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    9,837 Posts
    Huh... Girlfriend's town showed up in the news again... First time was when all the liquor stores got their licenses pulled by the city for a weekend for selling to minors.

Best part about that though is because nobody reported it to the state department of revenue, where my roommate works, roommate cited them all for failure to notify of disciplinary action.
    http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local...quor-st/ncRbJ/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 28Informative Informative x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    November 2010
    512 Posts
    I walked 16 miles in the cold when I was younger and that was a killer but walking 30 miles is crazy and then the policeman paying for him to get a cab back that was just brilliant

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    2,627 Posts
    I hope he at least got a different public defender, I would be pissed enough to get my own lawyer at that point.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    13,050 Posts
    I'm sure if they had known that, they would've given him a cab here to the court too.
    Can actually claim it under expenses during the court hearing. Or at least, it's standard practice. But considering the man walked from a shelter, he might not have had the cash to pay the taxi in the first place.

11. Post #11
    Cool Kid
    December 2009
    1,222 Posts
    Fuck ya

12. Post #12
    October 2009
    9,917 Posts
    huh and here i thought the south imploded once the temp plunged below 20 degrees, dude's crazy to have done this though

13. Post #13
    what a bitch
    get on this guy's level